Author Topic: Nice anti-scam site  (Read 10072 times)

ttwjr32

Re: Nice anti-scam site
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 05:02:00 pm »
 Mikael,

not being the most computer savy person in the world i have a question on this. how are these sites getting reported? do you mean there are complaints logged online at a location reporting them and then that data is compiled?  i went on the site you recommended here and i see were their are the latest reported but it just gives ip addresses and not names of sites. living here in china it has always been a concern of mine on something getting on my computer even though i do have protection.

also some of the scamming reported is really not scamming by the ladies but actually guys not using there head when writing to ladies and when it goes south then they do cry they have been scammed which is really not the case. but there are at least 2 agencies i know of that do scam and have non existant members or do the old bait and switch when you get here and after
someone complains to the main agency you get the standard form letter reply. 

maybe they should be reported so it doesnt continue. they were mentioned here in the forum several times and i just dont remember the posting that was under but i guess could be searched for with a little time. one was in shenzhen and the other in changsha if my memory serves me correct.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 08:01:07 pm »
Mikael,

not being the most computer savy person in the world i have a question on this. how are these sites getting reported? do you mean there are complaints logged online at a location reporting them and then that data is compiled?  i went on the site you recommended here and i see were their are the latest reported but it just gives ip addresses and not names of sites. living here in china it has always been a concern of mine on something getting on my computer even though i do have protection.

also some of the scamming reported is really not scamming by the ladies but actually guys not using there head when writing to ladies and when it goes south then they do cry they have been scammed which is really not the case. but there are at least 2 agencies i know of that do scam and have non existant members or do the old bait and switch when you get here and after
someone complains to the main agency you get the standard form letter reply. 

maybe they should be reported so it doesnt continue. they were mentioned here in the forum several times and i just dont remember the posting that was under but i guess could be searched for with a little time. one was in shenzhen and the other in changsha if my memory serves me correct.

Malwareurl are part of a much bigger network of security companies who does nothing but collect and compile this kind of data and share it. You can type in the IP adress also instead of the domain name if its lacking. It works also.

These companies do pretty thorough research before listing anyone, and if there are circumstances involved if will be displayed under the reaspn why they were listed.

But yes, i do agree and i believe the legal owners to this business, Qbit, based in HK if im not misstaken are probably the least of the scammers. Its all about money yes, but its business. The majority of the scammers are most likely shady translators and/or listed ladies. Add to that the amount of insult and blames coming from guys who just didnt score and cant take it for the fact that reason they didnt was perhaps themselves.
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

ttwjr32

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:36 am »
 Mikael,

exactly that was what i was trying to say. yes there are a few agencies that are a little unscrupolous in their business
practices because they are looking at right now and not long term money that they could recieve from members.

but i feel that most of the scamming mentioned is really not scamming but people thinking they are the saviours of the
women here and we are not that at all. if your writing or start writing you should already have the commitment to be here
to visit within 90 days or so or otherwise they move on as well they should. depending on the amount of writing you should
at least be here within 5 months at max or dont expect great results.

also matching up with a tremendous age difference is also a formula for failure also on these sites. the only success i know of there is my partner as he is about 100 years older than his lady but he wont admit it. (Willy here on the forum)

the owners of the chnlove our based in hong kong but the owners do live here in guangzhou but so far i have been unable
to locate an office. i would think most of their rating for scam is a direct result of these guys who cry wolf after a while when they
dont commit in the positive way they should. just my twist on it.

Ted

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 11:43:18 am »
Yes Ted. I fully agree and believe the same. Im planning to go in 4 months give and take, but i will also be stuck in Beijing first 4 weeks. I will also stay 6 months, or more. Depending if i can get more work beyond the minimum 20 weeks im guaranteed. Or if i decide to work remotely and stay. Impossible to say now, it all depends on what will happen during my stay. But i think having plan b and c in place as options before leaving is far better then not.

Im pretty sure their office is Virtual. Its extremely common in these countries , and especially HK which for some Businesses becomes an offshore tax paradise. Also, im guessing for the owners of Chnlove they would prefer not to have a physical office where western idiots would come to harass them hehe.

Arnold

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »
Mike , I know your Story and I will tell you .. what you went through to win this Lady's ( Jessica ) heart is truely a Love Story . If I ever meet you in Person , I'll tip my Hat ( chinese or regular ) to you . I certainly hope , Martin and In-Jaul did the same .. or else !

ttwjr32

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 08:04:34 pm »
 YES you should be ready to visit within 3 or 4 months Mike. you got lucky and were the exception to the rule but for
the newbies i wouldnt advise waiting over a year to go there. thats just a formula for disaster. the lady will feel your
not sincere.

so for you newbies starting out be ready and plan to go meet your lady very soon rather than later

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 08:20:48 pm »
I agree with you Ted, but many guys kind of stumble onto chnlove.  For myself, I had no intention of meeting someone from China, let alone travel there in the near future.  For many, they don't believe this is real, so they give it some extra time.  I agree one should go to China in that time frame, but a trip like this takes some planning.  I think if guys are honest about their situation, and whether or not they can travel right away, the lady will be patient.  Of course that being said, there is also the scenario where a woman is writing to more than one man, and sometimes it is "first come, first served."  I saw this situation recently here.

Arnold, I gave him a drive to the subway station...does that count?

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 09:18:53 pm »
I agree with you Ted, but many guys kind of stumble onto chnlove.  For myself, I had no intention of meeting someone from China, let alone travel there in the near future.  For many, they don't believe this is real, so they give it some extra time.  I agree one should go to China in that time frame, but a trip like this takes some planning.  I think if guys are honest about their situation, and whether or not they can travel right away, the lady will be patient.  Of course that being said, there is also the scenario where a woman is writing to more than one man, and sometimes it is "first come, first served."  I saw this situation recently here.

Arnold, I gave him a drive to the subway station...does that count?

Im kinda laughing inside when im reading, considering what happened to me over the last 12-14 months (see post in newb). And i certainly stumbled, klicked an ad by mistake when i was gonna click something else.  Got of with what seems to be a great connection, again stumbled upon the offer to go to China for 6 months , just happen to actually be able to which is not normally the case for me as im usually always contracted for work...

and just today i got a fortune cookie , that ironically said:

"Follow your intuition, the universe is guiding your life"
Lucky Numbers:95 72 37 46

More to be taken as a funny coincident then anything else, but its already been 12 months of unexpected downhills on this rollercoaster ride called life so have to start climbing sometime

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 11:45:44 pm »
I don't call it luck .... I call it Destiny ... and for those who know me well .... God's Plan
I still do not agree about the 90 days ..... sometimes people need to take time ... so I guess we just do not agree

well we have more then 25 married couples on here now ... so how many of you married men went to China to meet you wife less then 91 days from the first letter?

I can add, my ex and me was purely virtual for more then a year before we met in real first time. This time will be ~6 months. But like said, its a different story for every individual.

Offline maxx

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 12:14:43 am »
Mike it was  7 weeks for me.From the time I Wrote the first letter.To my first trip to China.When I started writing to my wife.Everybody on the Chinlove forum Was posting.That if you weren't planning to go to China.In the next 2 months.You shouldn't  write to a lady.Because it would look like  that you weren't serious.And that all you would end up with was a expensive pen pal.

As long as I have ben on these forums.From the official  to Face book. And then to here.You are the only person.I  know who has talked to a lady.For more then six months.And made a relationship out of it.Most people do crash and burn at the 6 month mark.So yes you are one of the lucky ones.And Jessica is a real classy lady.With allot of hart.She still believed in you.After you put her threw this.Most woman would of kicked you to the curb after 5 to 6 months.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 12:20:47 am »
I don't call it luck .... I call it Destiny ... and for those who know me well .... God's Plan
I still do not agree about the 90 days ..... sometimes people need to take time ... so I guess we just do not agree

well we have more then 25 married couples on here now ... so how many of you married men went to China to meet you wife less then 91 days from the first letter?

I can add, my ex and me was purely virtual for more then a year before we met in real first time. This time will be ~6 months. But like said, its a different story for every individual.
I agree completely man, it was a year before I saw my Li she was very patient in fact more so than I was. I have read a few threads you put up, But from what I hear the story you have to tell is well One I would like to hear sometime.
 My wife and I have gone through a lot together and she never gives up on me no matter how stupid I am. It was along wait for us to meet but I married her the first day I was in China. And so far a year later no regrets.
She never talks about going to America. She is mostly worried about me seeing my daughter there.
If she is scamming me. She is the best I have ever seen. She still can't figure out how to copy and paste with her computer. I would be very surprised.
And actually living here with her has made a big difference in me. If a guy can do it If you can live with the woman even a month It will relieve a lot of stress from the what If's.  Some of the crap I have done. This woman would have left me long ago if she did not truly love me
Jimmy Henson

Offline maxx

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 12:45:24 am »
True enough Mike.I agree with you.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 01:27:07 am »
haha its getting confusing sometimes reading the replies. Normally elsewhere everyone calls me Mike too lol... had a few  ???

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 11:40:25 am »
Mike O...or Reverend Mike might also work.