Author Topic: Nice anti-scam site  (Read 10074 times)

brett

Nice anti-scam site
« on: July 20, 2010, 07:26:10 am »
Hi all,

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this site is a goldmine of useful information:

http://jimslists.com/

All newbies should read this and his anti-scam sites. They're mainly about Russian women, but women are women whatever country they come from.

In general I think the takehome message is:

Most foreign ladies on dating sites are after green cards/visas
Avoid anyone under 30
Avoid anyone who complains about their living standard or money (I wish I'd known this!)
Take the Willy/Ted option and live in their own country - this is the best way to avoid scammers!
Chnlove = bad (we all know that, so no news here)
Cherry Blossoms = hmmmm (which is exactly what I thought of them as they just aren't serious about removing dishonest ladies)
Chinese Love Links and the other Cupid Media sites are amongst the best
Introduction agencies are much better than dating sites (although sadly I've failed to find a single honest China/UK based one for Chinese ladies)

Vince G

Re: Nice anti-scam site
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 07:44:19 am »
Brett, I wouldn't put to much faith into this "Jim List" site. Most of the posters there are the same ones that post on every other site related to asian dating. They also sign in under different names and tell a similar story again. Making the appearance of many when it is only one.

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:43:32 am »
i think this is just like anything else in that you take the good with the bad. in all reality if you dont jump in
head first and really rationalize and ask the correct questions in the beginning then you dont get burned.
and also not accept all the poor answers for as to why this isnt going to happen or this wont happen just
cut the ties immediately if after 2 times you get the same response or a vague response remember she isnt the only one out there
yes chnlove does have the poor agencies and translators that are only looking for the almighty dollar,but if
you dont prolong it and cut your ties early then you dont get scammed or maybe the correct terminology
should be taken for a short ride for a few dollars thru letter writing. scamming to me is when someone
tries to swindle a large amount of money out of you so i think when the man doesnt use his head and act
accordingly then he almost always yells scam when in reality it is stupidity on his part for allowing it to go on.
all businesses are out to make money its just how they approach that is what matters most.

anyway yes as vince has said most of these are written and rewritten on many sites which makes it look to be
more of a problem than it really is.

but if you want to continue to think with the wrong head please join willy and my site and willy or i will write you
some pretty good letters     hahahahhaah   just joking

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:36 am »
but if you want to continue to think with the wrong head please join willy and my site and willy or i will write you
some pretty good letters     hahahahhaah   just joking

What the letters are no good?  Damn

But I will mentioned that I met Wendy through CHNLOVE, maybe I got lucky, I do not know.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Paul Todd

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:50:31 am »
Oh no,

"Jim's List aka AgencyScams.com Are Crazed, Hypocritical Liars and Must Be Stopped." Can it be true! Jim's real name is Elena Petrova !
 find out here:-
http://www.419legal.org/fraudulent-websites-alert/56659-jims-list-aka-agencyscams-com-crazed-hypocritical-liars-must-stopped.html

Brett " a goldmine of useful information " more like a ####pit of disinformation" You can't  believe a word any of them say. Non of these types of site of which there are many are well balanced or unbiased. They all have there own agenda.

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 10:19:05 am »
did you see the one post about the site Farmers Only????? whats next??? 

shaun

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 12:34:47 pm »
Personally I think he is stirring the pot.  Why else would he put such drivel on this site.  Brett is reading it and getting quite a laugh out of it.  He may be using our responses on one of his supposed sites where he makes money.

Ignore him.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:36:46 pm by shaun »

shaun

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 10:17:51 pm »
Help stamp out Trolls!!!!!!!!  ;)

Hehe.  Just had to say it.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 06:48:31 am »
Chnlove = bad (we all know that, so no news here)
Really?  Can you be more specific as to how chnlove is a scam?

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 07:41:38 am »
oh no

Martin missed the NO FEEDING THE TROLLS  ... sign

:o
Sorry...I missed that part.

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 09:53:58 am »
I did not know that Jim was just a "stage name", Interesting. If you have read there you will see mention of a certain site at least 2 times. (side bar - I am not sure if I should give names of the guys and the site?) I hate to give them any spotlight at all. It's what they want. I know for a fact they "Troll"here.

What I can't understand is their scheme? It is not that they were scammed and wrote about it and moved on. NO! they have been at it for two years that I know of. Reading their story, they weren't even scammed? Something like asking for the girls phone number, email address, IM and home address in the first letter and then not answered? IS NOT A SCAM. But the stooges they are they continue on stating it's all a scam. I now see it as let them waste their lives doing this. We know better here.

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 10:55:39 am »
scam---- defraud,swindle, to swindle someone by using a trick,deprive of by deceit,

not getting all the correct info is not a scam just poor business and if you prolong the issue
without trying to get the correct info then thats just stupidity on your part not a scam

shaun

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 01:52:30 pm »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) :-X :-X :-X

brett

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 04:09:49 pm »
Sure some guys have found wives on chnlove but as far as chnlove members go everyone here is in the minority. Chnlove makes money from the newbies, and they sure played me for a sucker when I first signed up with their fake ladies and duplicate emails. Especially Changsha Love Bridge who were a total disgrace. If they can play me for a sucker then who knows how much money they're making from ordinary joes.

I've learnt a staggering amount about China in the last year (I even have a Chinese business partner now), but I now realise how astonishingly naive we've all been when we start out.

Jim (whoever he is) really does seem to have figured out the good and bad sites and the CLL = good, Cherry Blossoms = ?, Chnlove = Bad is excellent advice. Personally I think introduction agencies are much more sensible option. If anyone knows an honest introduction agency in China I'd be happy to hear it. I did find one with UK links, but guess what, they were more scammers. Sure some of the chnlove complaints on his site might be fake, there are some very dirty dating site wars being played out, much like what happened in the travel niche until the US authorities looked into it a couple of years back and busted some heads. But we all know people on this board who have been scammed or in my case met ladies just looking for a green card and way out of China rather than love.

I've never been out to troll anyone though, it's not my style. Remember though that I am a writer, and a good writer provokes discussion.

Gentlemen, Chnlove and other sites are ripping off newbies left right and centre, so stop moaning about me and give the newbies some decent advice.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 04:52:34 pm »
Who is moaning about you?  You got the ball rolling with an accusation...now back it with facts.  I fail to see how chnlove is a scam.  You went to China...you met "Miss Wu".  From all your posts, I would suggest she was real.  So where was the scam?  Did you not meet a real lady?  Was this real lady met on chnlove?

Just because you were not able to make a relationship work with "Miss Wu" does not make chnlove a scam.  I don't recall seeing anywhere on their web page, a guarantee that you will marry a woman.  If you want a guarantee, pay for a wife.  But know this, you get what you pay for.

The Changsha Love Bridge agency is NOT chnlove.  If you can show me differently, I will apologize.  It is an independent agency.  It is an agency that we have posted many topics on.  It is an agency that more than once, we have recommended members to stay away from.  And the longer we are here, the more we hear about other agencies.  That said, we also know of great agencies to deal with.  But again, these agencies are NOT chnlove.

So where is the scam?  I would love to hear facts, rather than accusations.  I can make accusations as well, but it doesn't make it fact.