Author Topic: Anyone ever heard of, or been to this place  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Lain

Anyone ever heard of, or been to this place
« on: July 21, 2010, 08:26:45 pm »
So I have been looking for some places to "get away" from the city...I am not a huge fan of the city life and have been searching for some out of the way places to spend some time breathing some clean air while I am in China.

So I found this resort that is not too far from where I will be and honestly it looks awesome! Its called the Crosswaters Ecolodge Best I can tell it runs about $150 US per night and is all about the eco-system and sustainability. 

Found the place on this website where it shows a slide show on the top, many other pictures can be found on Google Images.
http://www.asla.org/2010awards/370.html

Offline mustfocus

梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

Re: Anyone ever heard of, or been to this place
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:08:39 pm »
Lain,

this is a very great place to stay at and relax for a few days. take a translator with you unless of course
your with someone who speaks chinese. its just an awesome place to relax and get away from it all.
 the food is good with quite an interesting take on it. its all chinese or at least it was a while back.
some intersting dishes that werent what i would eat but the whole place is great to stay

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:57:32 pm »
Another place just outside Zhongshan are the Hot Springs.  Another great place to relax.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Lain

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:04:46 pm »
Lain,

this is a very great place to stay at and relax for a few days. take a translator with you unless of course
your with someone who speaks chinese. its just an awesome place to relax and get away from it all.
 the food is good with quite an interesting take on it. its all chinese or at least it was a while back.
some intersting dishes that werent what i would eat but the whole place is great to stay

Ya....my thoughts were that I would take my lady with me. She can do all the talking and I can simply enjoy the view(s) and relax. I did read on a few sites that the food was about as "real" as it gets and was great. I will now keep this very high on my places to go list.   :)

Any idea how long it would take to get there from Zhongshan...or actually Xiaolan as that is where I will be moving to October?.....if its not too long to get too it might become a place I go on a regular basis?

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:07:27 pm »
 i would plan for about 4 hrs from Zhongshan i guess with traffic and such maybe less

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 06:17:18 pm »
bump