Author Topic: Hainan Sanyo  (Read 2603 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Hainan Sanyo
« on: May 20, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »
Has anyone been there?  After my lady told me about it I googled it.  It is called the Hawaii of the East.  It is an island in the South China Sea.  Almost perfect weather year round has everything from Beautiful beaches to mountains.  the resorts look pretty expensive especially for China.  I saw one starting at about $450 per person per night.  The reason I ask is that is where she and I are going on our honeymoon for two weeks.  Her brother has a vacation home there, I dont know if a timeshare type or not. Angel has been there once with him and says it is spectacular.  I am just wondering how spectacular, is it overblown or a well kept secret.   I had never heard it mentioned in anything that i have ever read. (I know that doesnt mean much) Maybe I havent been reading the right things.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: Hainan Sanyo
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:18:00 pm »
Hi JimB, all I am going to say is, don't miss this, You will never forget the time the two of you spend there, I know we won't.
Also take a bit of cash with you as this island will cost you much more then the main land, but brother what fun you will have.
Good luck, best wishes and above all, have a blast.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Martin

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:50:07 pm »
Hiya Sarge.  I know there is not a lot of reference to it in this blog, but maybe some of the user comments might be of help.

SHE in China

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 08:51:57 pm »
Hi Jim,

I went to the island for 3 nights. Got stuck on one of those bus tours that started at the north of the island. Last day we skipped the rest of the tour and stayed in Sanya. They do have some nice beaches and Hotels. Yes Sanaya is a bit more then Haikou but not by much. Since I was only there for 1 day, I did not get much a chance to explore it. But from Sanya, you are also close to some tourist sites for some side excursions. Just be aware that there are some tourist traps that make ordinarily sane Chinese become crazed to buy trinklets. Also the trend of couples to buy matching Hawaiin shirts and shorts. But overall it is a colourfull beautiful island to visit. Happy honey moon for you. And I do remember one bad american joke, the ladies are not allowed to drink beer on the beach because they might get sand in their Schlitz.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Peter

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 04:11:42 am »
I found some facts on http://www.earnshaw.com/china/ch08.html
Look at the end of the article..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline JimB

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 05:49:48 pm »
Peter, if I didnt know that was about 25 years old. I wouldnt want to go. lol

Offline Agarn

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 10:46:16 am »
Hi JimB

Sanya is beautuiful and well worth a visit, great beaches, rainforest, monkey sanctuary etc, i`d be happy to return, but you dont have to pay $450 per night, I paid around $80 for a great hotel, views over bay, infinity pool, large room with 32 inch lcd tv for movies and net, electric car to take you to the beach etc

First time on this site, looks good

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 11:58:02 am »
Welcome to the brotherhood Agarn!!!:)
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline JimB

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 03:45:34 pm »
Agarn, Welcome to the best brotherhood on the net.  Anything you need you just need to ask.
Thankfully I wont be spending anything per night.  Future Brother in law is giving us the place.

Offline Agarn

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 05:24:51 am »
Thanks for the welcome

Sanya is like many beach resorts, with a variety of restaurants etc some live music from philippinos.
Hired a car with driver for the day, 200 yuan, visited monkey island and a working minority village, part real, part touristy
If the sun is shinning you will have the beach almost to yourself, but if it clouds over the beach fills from nowhere, then sun appears and they scurry away, part vampire i think! funny to watch.

Have a great time