Author Topic: Long distance meeting between man and woman  (Read 12777 times)

Offline Philip

RE: Long distance meeting between man and woman
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2009, 09:06:58 am »
Hi guys,
I am back in England now.
On my penultimate day in China, I visited the Martyr park and the Hunan Provincial Museum with two of my sisters. Very nice too. then I had a meal with Ding, my second sister, Yurong's best friend. Ding talked about her rather useless ex-husband and about her lack of dating success. She is a successful businesswoman and will not settle for someone who sees her money and doesn't see her. Yurong phoned her from a party in a drunken state, wanting me to come and Ding dissuaded her in a slightly irritated state.
On the last day I spent the morning in the Mei Yin agency, sitting at a computer and chatting to the translators. They asked me what kind of ladies I liked the look of and why, asked for suggestions about which profile pictures I thought were most effective, and asked if the real ladies I knew there were correctly represented by their photos.
I noticed that whenever my cursor went over an English word, the Chinese translation came up immediately, with alternative meanings and spoken translation. The translators rely on this for doing a lot of their translations. A translator showed me the programme I needed to download, though for the life of me I can't download it in England. It's all in Chinese, so if someone who is better than me at reading Chinese can read it, it is a really useful tool. The addresses are: www.baidu.com , www.skycn.com/soft/31325 and http://account.youdao.com
When I left I hugged my two best sisters at the hotel and they both said 'I love you'. I hope I will be able to say that to someone next time I go and hear her say it back to me. Now where did I stash my pot of gold. lol
Alex

Offline Peter

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »
Are you thinking of going back to Changsha again ?? It is a great city as you found out and the ladies are beautiful too.. I am going back on the 12 of July to meet my Lao Poa
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Philip

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2009, 02:52:29 pm »
Dear Peter,
of course I am going back to Changsha! Not in July though, much as I'd love to see your wedding. If we meet there one day, I can impress you with my little bit of Swedish. I can count to ten and say 'I love you' and 'I am English' and other useful phrases. I can even say seventy-seven, which, as you know, is not easy for a non-Swedish person!
I may go back for Christmas, if I've saved up enough by then.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2009, 05:14:20 pm »
Wow Alex what an adventure you had.  This will be something you remember for the rest of your life.  And good for you to make the most of it rather than letting it get you down. Did you take any photos?  Would like to see them if you did.  
If you really liked Mr. Tangs(?) agency, it would not be a bad idea to let Chnlove know that and show that we are not just a bunch of moaners and groaners.  I think the first couple of weeks after I got back was the hardest, now I think the next 70 days will be the slowest.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.