Author Topic: emergency visa's  (Read 7595 times)

ttwjr32

Re: emergency visa's
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 11:00:52 am »
they showed Sara Willy's picture and asked her if she knew him but i had already told her to deny any knowledge
of knowing the Zhongshan Bandit

shaun

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 12:02:34 pm »
Just a thought.  Who is going to keep the Zhongshan Bandit out of trouble while you are gone?  :-\

Offline maxx

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 07:12:44 pm »
Ted glad to hear that it worked out.In your favor.

ttwjr32

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 09:52:20 pm »
Well here we go!!! Looks like my older brother the executrix of my moms will had the funeral showing last night. I called there this
morning and talked to my son and he said they had the 3 hour viewing last night per my brothers instructions.

to give you an update my father is buried in Santa Nella National Cemetery because of his veteran status and my mom will be cremated
and placed over his right shoulder. now my brother told everyone the veterans wanted it done as soon as possible but i dont think so or
that they would do that. it was all prearranged for next week so we could get back there.

my  feelings are that my no good older brother is just more concerned with his part of the estate because he never could seem to hold
a job and was still living with her at 65 yrs old.

so now we have to decide if we go now to settle some of my personal stuff and spend 32,000 rmb for tickets or wait as i see later this year
the price is 11,450 for roundtrip tickets. very embarrassing to have a family member like this but what can you do. Willy told me to stay here so i dont do anything stupid because i am so livid with my brother. all this running around and asking for an emergency visa for a funeral with the embassy and this knucklehead makes me look bad dont know if i should email the consulate or visit them to tell them this new development. just all bad and not good for considering the circumstance

Paul Todd

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 10:11:33 pm »
Hi Ted

I would listern to the " Zhongshan Bandit" I love that name I sort of see him with a Zoro mask on. Anyway a cooling off period might not be a bad idea. With Sara having a visa valid for a year it gives you the time and space to plan your trip on your own terms as well as not paying such a large amount for flights. I would not tell the consulate anything, why complicate the situation.

ttwjr32

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 10:39:14 pm »
im just concerned that it might effect any future visas we will aplly for?? it just looks bad that we say this
and then he pulls this stunt

shaun

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 10:45:10 pm »
Ted, 2 points.  1.  Don't you have stuff remaining in your mothers house?  Do you want to leave it there guarded by your brother?  2. Don't take the chance with future Visa's.  Go!!!!

Get thee to a planery.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:49:54 pm by shaun »

ttwjr32

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 10:56:54 pm »
my stuff is being taken by my son who lives in stockton to his place. he will put it all in his garage
till i decide what to do with it. he was working on that when she went into the nursing home so im
not to worried about that.

besides that stuff could have been replaced if need be

Offline maxx

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 11:59:48 pm »
Ted sneak into the third floor of the U.S. consulate.there is a coffee shop.All around the coffee shop.Is travel agencies selling tickets.To the U.S.When me and my wife were there at the consulate.I looked at the prices posted on the windows of the travel agency.They had some good prices.Because there is allot of competition in that area.So I'm thinking you can get a good deal on some airplane tickets.Take your wife with you.Let her deal with the travel agency.I wold be willing to bet after she gets done with them.It could be even a better deal.When I was there the travel agency's started to open there doors at about 10:00 am.

I think you really need to use that visa as soon as possible.Because all of the visa's are on a computer somewhere.And if latter you file for visa for your wife to live in the states.It could throw a red flag in the system.Then it could cause problems for you and your wife latter.I think I would get this all sorted in the next day or two.I wouldn't mention any of this to.The case worker.That could also throw a red flag latter on.

ttwjr32

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 12:07:05 am »
Maxx  we did do that and the prices in all those places were even more than online sites

i think it is best to go talk with the consulate and explain the situation so later it isnt
a problem just what im leaning to do  if any body has an attorney now maybe they could ask this question to see
what they say?????????????

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 03:16:08 am »
Hey Ted,

I'm with Maxx on this one.  In Sara's visa history (don't believe that it's only held for a certain period of time), the VISA has been entered as an emergency visa.  If too much time shows between issuing and actually using it, you could encounter problems later on.

Your brother might not be good, but don't let him screw up your future plans as well.  You can easily throw a wrench into his plans by getting a wills and estates lawyer (unfortunately I only know ones in Toronto) to challenge the will or him being the executor (even the suggestion of that might slow him down).  I won't pretend to know that much about US law, but there has to be something you can do.

I'm not sure which airport(s) might be within driving distance, however you might want to consider some alternate airports.  Also check with some airlines directly to see if they have a berevement fare.  Some of them do...  I'm not sure what the exact requirements are, but I would assume that a copy of the death certificate would be one of them.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 03:20:25 am »
i think i will just go down and takle it head on and explain the situation to them and see what they say.
right now its the only thing to do as the funeral is over and going back now for that price would be just to
gather some things and sell some things and ship some things and i can do that any time.

ttwjr32

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 08:28:27 pm »
thanks Mike,

that is exactly what i am going to do because i feel that something might come back and haunt us a year or two later
when we try again. always felt honesty best policy and i am sure if i go there then later on it will reflect good on us

Vince G

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 08:42:19 pm »
Well Ted I do know the laws of the US but Wills and Estates differ from state to state. As executor your brother just has the duty of the will (if there is one?). Average wills, he gets to bring the paperwork and the will to the probate court and the court will say if he is executor or not. Any of the estate may be split depends on the will. If you need help with something let me know I've become an expert since the start of this year.

ttwjr32

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 08:57:11 pm »
Vince,

my concern is not the will and anything i will get, my despair was that we flew from biejing to guangzhou to get things
done so i and sara could go back to see mom 1 last time and that knucklehead moved everything forward by 1 week??

so we did all that stuff for 3 days for nothing and on top of that my mom is already cremated so going back for her is just
not the same as i wont be able to see her for one last time.

he did manage to have her change the life insurance to have him recieve all which after talking to my little brother is not
good but we dont really need that money it is just how it was done that concerns us. also makes me wonder what else
was going on as i was the one in stockton as everyone else lives elsewere so i was the one who helped mom and kept
an eye on what was going on at the house. damm it seems he just went to work making changes after i came to china.

one of lifes injustices---- you cant pick your own relatives-------

and he lied to everyone about our status on coming back which makes one wonder WHY that is why no one called us on
the change