Author Topic: The New Life  (Read 3870 times)

Vince G

The New Life
« on: July 30, 2010, 12:03:04 pm »
Here's the short version of what has been going on. I have had "legal" issues for a several years. Nothing criminal, Just a big difference in amount owed to the Ex. But I am being treated like a criminal where as renewal of my passport will be denied. With this and financials on a roller coaster I couldn't get things settled. Finally and hopefully today I should have a check coming that will be enough to get this all straightened out? I'm still deciding if there will be any legal action taken against all of them later? The main focus is to get my freedom and passport back. Right now I'm at the start waiting for that starting gun to shoot. Regardless, I'm off to China ASAP whether there is a woman of interest or not.

The Women: I thought I had it all together with Song? We talked, we laughed, we had an understanding of each other, a good match. It was over a year of communication. Until she took a new job that (I was told) takes the employers on vacation once a year? This year it was South Africa. A two week vacation. I told her to take my email address with her incase she can't get or send an EMF. She was getting a new phone and sim card when she got back (?). I didn't hear from her at all and neither did the translator. I got an answer later that she was staying there a month for business reasons. Seems they were opening another office there? Long story short it was more like five months and barely a couple of a few sentences on a replied EMF. In one of the last EMF's she said she will write all about it when she gets back? About the fifth month I wrote again asking what was going on? The reply was she was home for a couple of weeks? She feels she does not love enough to be a wife and good luck? That was it. I can only make guesses at what happen.

Determined to go no matter what? I figured I would "hook up" with a few women and see what happens from there. There is an interest in two. Both have been neck and neck in winning me over. At one time I was going to drop one and put more into the other, but then she made a comeback and the tide reversed. Both are in their early forties divorced, no children. Both have good jobs, both live with their mother? (no points for that). But neither speaks english? So getting around the translator and EMF's I figured I'll make my choices when I get there. BTW, I did check out other sites and I think they are just as false as Chnlove, so I know what I'm getting into with CL at least. I will meet, have lunch, dinner or just coffee with who ever is in China at the time I'm there. I plan on traveling to as many places as possible in the timeframe I will have? (time there undetermined right now)

The astrology of Vince, In other astrology's they say the world ends in 2012. In mine it's 2010. Reason is when it's all done I start a new life. Every bit of my old life is being left behind.

It is the year of the Lawyer. One in NY handling the estate, another down here to watch him and make sure it's right. Another to take care of the other crap with the ex. I have two more to hire, one for patenting and another for a business. There may be one more? if I decide to move to a new home.

"So that's the story Jerry" (an old TV commercial) for now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:08:10 pm by Vince G »

Arnold

Re: The New Life
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:17:04 pm »
   Vince , as a fellow New Yorker .. having the same age as you .. not been through what you have , but I can certainly wish you the same success in your " NEW LIFE " as I and other brother's have found in beautiful China .
   As you know , most here can't wait to see you off on your Trip and hear your Story unfold on daily post's like many have done so far . May it be soon , Your suspence is killing me .

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:43:23 pm »
It was killing me too. It's been boggling my mind how to express all of this and stay in topic of the forum. Much of what I went through was put upon me by my ex (known as the money hungry Bitch) manipulating the law of the land to her advantage. The worst part is they have all the proof in front of them but I have to pay the court to look at it? This system is broken real bad. Of course I'm referring to child support. I've made my payments but they didn't deduct them? Now the CS had ended and they are still adding it on as if it hasn't? (a few years now) So that's the new life, I'm walking away entirely from the weight of the foot on my back. I'm going back to living life.   

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:48:22 pm »
Vince I second what Arnold is saying. As one of the old timers here, I cannot wait to read about your first trip. You be going crazy reading all the trip accounts and not getting in the action yourself! I guess it will make it all the better for waiting. Just don't dive into it because you can now. China is a damn lonely place to be if it doesn't work out, take that from a pro in that regard!
If neither of the ladies you write to now speaks English I would definitely try to do some webcams first and figure out how comfortable you are communicating using translators, hand gestures etc.

I have to admit, if I was starting out I wouldn't date a girl unless she had some basic English, the cultures are just too different and misunderstandings to easy, but different strokes for different folks, others like Brian here made it work great.

Best of luck Vince in your future, I'm sure all the bro's will be reading your eventual trip accounts with rapt attention and there wont be anyone cheering you on louder than me :)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Paul Todd

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:54:09 pm »
Glad to hear that Vince. It must be a great relief getting out from under all that pressure. As one of the old hands here I always valued your advice and now you can finally put all the stored knowledge to good use!!!!! China's just waiting for you and if your ever around Baoding my doors always open.........................Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it".........................

Charles R. Swindoll 1934 American Writer and Clergyman

You always had a good attitude Vince. Best of luck in your new life,

Ming zhi, Paul

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 10:00:04 pm »
Vince,

best wishes on this new journey that you will be embarking on. been a long time coming from what i read
and it seems you have kept it all in prospectus. good for you. i had a similiar situation but my ex only was
looking for money as the kids were of age and i just finally said HERE and started over in 2004 never looked
back and never regretted that decision as it all has gone well. im sure it will be all well for you also

Offline kenny

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 10:07:26 pm »
Vince,
Anyone reading your posts over time could tell there was allot going on behind the scenes in your life. I am very happy to hear that it is going to work out for you finally. I think we could sit and drink a few beers and talk about ex's. ( oh you dont drink much right? )

Anyway I always look for a new theard on here when i get online about "Vince's trip to China" I guess this is the start. I wish you only the best and look forward to reading more. Good Luck my friend!

Kenny

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:45 am »
Sorry Vince, as I just made a posting about my own frustrating wait, to only come hear and read your own frustrating battle.
Your wait to slip the chains that shackle you makes my marathon pale in comparison to your ordeal. Now I can maybe understand why your posting count was so high.

Every time you posted was a hammer blow upon the anvil that bounded you to these shores. The key strokes were many because the chains were strong. I Ron salute your Iron will and fortitude.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:07:17 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 01:04:52 am »
All I can say is 'Thank F---'  i was never married before.   Well I think not but I did go through some weird initations when in Africa.  Maybe that is why all the black guys in London used to call me 'brother'.

Hang in there Vince

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline ron

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 01:59:25 pm »
I feel for you I am also going through the same thing until I get it straightened out I am in the same boat.I will know something in sept as I go to court to battle this .We definately do have a broken system here my daughter is 28 and she is going to court with me to help end it.Best wishes for you I do understand what your going through.                  Ron

ttwjr32

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 08:35:23 pm »
you know whats funny about all this-- if the man was doing what the women are doing the courts would have heard
it and after about 5 minutes of thinking they would tell you to get LOST and MOVE on. talk about the double standards
we have. to allow it to go on for years is just beyond a BROKE system and changes need to be made but i doubt that
they will in the near future.

but i do hope it all works out for the two of you Vince and Ron

Vince G

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 07:35:14 am »
Update: Met with my lawyer (my lawyer is one I've had for a few years where the others have been hired more recently) and in going over what will have to be done? I'm not sure if I will leave for China by September? It's still a maybe, depends how fast the two states move their butts? Somewhere along the line he will ask to release my passport so I can go. In addition we spoke of the other problem going on and he can also take care of this. He belongs to the Florida Bar but also the NY bar.

On a good or bad note? My van's fuel pump went on my way back from the lawyers and I'm not going to fix it, so I have been looking for another vehicle.

A better note, I bought myself a laptop so I'm ready to go.... Now to get rid of all the old stuff I have? Including the van.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:16 pm »
Vince even when we were Pm'ing each other I knew there were something behind you NOT getting to China sooner. :(

Now I know, and when it's done and dusted...... it's all aboard for the trip of a lifetime... ;D ;D

Once you taste the lifestyle (?) and been there...it gets into your blood.  I can promise you, YOU WILL NOT REGRET going there..

Best of luck mate, if I still there (  ;) ) when the time comes, pay me a visit in Shandong Province...Your one of the peeps here I would like to meet...

Vince G

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 09:47:57 am »
A little update. Still waiting for the government to get off their ass and do their work. My last letter to one of the women I'm still writing to had a reply today. Let me set up the scenario. Both women I'm writing I asked early on about their english and computer skills. I knew the answer before I got it, hey, it's Chnlove... Both said they don't know english to well and no computer. Later on one said she uses a computer they have at her cafe? Recently (after a different approach) she said she was learning english at home. The other said the same about english but today I got an answer on the computer I didn't expect even though I knew she used one at least at work? Here is what she wrote....

"It is a little late and so I didn't go back to my office but just came back home directly. Then I found your letter waiting for me when I opened my computer."

Ah ha! Then there was the mention of having a translator when we meet. I said it was alright for a short time just to get us started and comfortable with each other. She wrote (or the translator did) "How do you think about the translator who translates for us now? Her name is Cherry and I think she is a good girl. Maybe we can ask her to help us when you come and she also knows much about us. It is 50rmb per hour. How do you think about this?"

I'm not sure how I will answer this yet? But, how well does she know us if she slipped on the computer? Also she said her mother and nephew lived with her, but in this letter it says.. "You know it is really not so nice for a woman to live alone."?? OK, I'll play along for now. She's a beautiful woman and i'll get to the truth even if I have to go there to get it from either of them.

So let's hear some thoughts.

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 11:22:55 am »
I'm not sure how I will answer this yet? But, how well does she know us if she slipped on the computer? Also she said her mother and nephew lived with her, but in this letter it says.. "You know it is really not so nice for a woman to live alone."?? OK, I'll play along for now. She's a beautiful woman and i'll get to the truth even if I have to go there to get it from either of them.

So let's hear some thoughts.

Vince , I'd get to the truth about the Computer thing first and confront her with this . Her living alone ( when in fact with Mother and Nephew ) she's most likely just talking about herself being alone not having somebody as a Boyfriend/Lover, that all . But you can ask about this also . Don't wait til you there to find out the NONE truth from her .
I see she's a very beautiful Woman , but do not let this get into your Head and bypass the Fog in your / her Letter's .