Author Topic: another attack in China  (Read 2376 times)

ttwjr32

another attack in China
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:04:06 am »
THE STARTING POINT: Sharks are in the water -- and on your television
..3 children, 1 teacher killed in China attack
            Buzz up!15 votes Share
retweet
EmailPrint..By CHRISTOPHER BODEEN, Associated Press Writer Christopher Bodeen, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 17 mins ago
BEIJING – A knife-wielding man went on a slashing rampage in a kindergarten in eastern China, leaving three children and one teacher dead, area residents reported Wednesday.

The unidentified assailant entered the school in a suburb of Zibo in Shandong province at about 4 p.m. Tuesday as parents were picking up their children, according to people living nearby contacted by telephone.

About 20 children and staff were injured, two of the children seriously, they said.

China this year has suffered a spate of gory rampage attacks on schools and in public spaces, leaving dozens of people dead and scores wounded.

A woman who works in a restaurant opposite the Boshan District Experimental Kindergarten's Jinfengyuan branch said the attacker was a man aged 27 or 28 who had gained entry to the school by posing as a parent.

Police rushed to the kindergarten soon after the attack and officers transported some injured children to hospital before ambulances had time to arrive, said the woman, who would give only her surname, Zhang.

"The kindergarten has been sealed off until now. There're still police officers there," Zhang said.

Zhang and other area residents said the teacher died of her injuries Wednesday morning.

The Zibo killings came just two days after a man in Hebei province to the west went on a rampage at the wheel of his earthmover, smashing vehicles and buildings and leaving 17 dead.

Other recent mass killings include a May 12 attack on a kindergarten in the northern province of Shaanxi that left seven children and two adults dead and the wounding of 29 children at a kindergarten in Jiangsu province in April.

The seemingly unrelated attacks have prompted calls for more attention to diagnosing serious mental illnesses and ignited fears over the toll stress is taking on the nation's emotional health.

Authorities have responded with increased security at schools and orders to limit media coverage of the attacks to discourage copycats.

Local officials in Zibo hung up the phone when reporters called for information on the attack.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
Re: another attack in China
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:31:06 pm »
Authorities have responded with increased security at schools and orders to limit media coverage of the attacks to discourage copycats.

Local officials in Zibo hung up the phone when reporters called for information on the attack.

What is this people using their heads to do the right thing?  Instead of trying to be a clip on the evening news, or get their picture in the paper.

In the afternoon I like to go outside and sit by the garden here by our house. I usually take a big pocket full of candy and have easily made friends with all of the little children that also come there to play.  The other day I was headed back inside and stepped off of the curb and fell.  I cut my elbow and had to have 3 stitches so nothing serious. But I was amazed how many people in the neighborhood have stopped just to see that I am OK.  In the US no one would care one way or the other.
Jimmy Henson

shaun

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 06:12:40 am »
What do you want to bet they will be Hawaiian shirts?

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:18:19 am »
funny Shaun  NO THEY WONT BE HAWAIAN SHIRTS!!!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 11:00:07 pm »
Why do we keep getting reports of minor incidents in China? 

Why do we not hear of the more serious events that have taken place in USA, UK and Europe?

You make out China is a bad place to be.

It is safer here than in any Street in the USA  day or night,  or uk at night, or any work place in the USA where a worker get a grievance and shoots 8 or more fellow workers.  Why is that not reported on here.
The chances of you being attacked or even robbed in China is very, very, very low. 

China is a huge country 25% of world population live here so of course there will be incidents but do not let us blow them out of proportion.   List murders from China and compare with USA list then see which is more dangerous place.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 11:09:08 pm »
i would say at night is more prevalaint than day in the usa

Offline ron

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 11:58:01 pm »
Willy maybe the reason they post it is because it is so rare in china for this to happen?  Seems like every 6 months or so there are shootings like this in the United states pretty common in most of the cities here.Gang shootings robberies are all very common here maybe that is why it is being posted just a guess?                                        Ron

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 02:58:38 am »
Nina has had 8 bicycles stolen.  Today she had her apartment broken into and the laptop I gave her was stolen along with her friend's laptop.  Also this morning, my other friend's brother had his telephone shop broken into and had many cell phones stolen.  Crime happens in China.  It is becoming more common than everyone thinks because it is not as publicized as it is in the west.  I think the fact that China is becoming more open and commercialized is also bringing more western style crime. 

I believe China is a safer place than many places in the west still, and hopefully will stay that way. 

...as irresistible as chocolate

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 04:17:20 am »
sure crime happens all the time in China dont kid yourself that it doesnt. but the violent crime isnt as prevelent as it is
in the western countries and to single out the USA on that is just ludicrous. the problem with these types of atacks in
China is that they have NO SOCIAL programs for their people to get any kind of help, hence the mental issues were do they
go to get help?? nowere!!  and as far as the corruption its as rampant as can be and lots have to do with they need to provide
and have enough to live with as they get old or they do not eat or sleep in a nice house. the country is safe from rapes,murder or
assaults for the most part but it is far from a completely safe country in many respects.  overcharging,food tainting for profit, bribes,
having to pay and support family members if married because of the lack of benefits they had when younger, medicine that is tainted
or fake, unsafe buildings, food sold that is not up to standards, poor quality in many areas but if you have any money here then all of
these things are a small problem as you dont deal with it as a normal person would. you see it all the time here so lets not put it in
the forfront of places to live. if they devalue the yuan and it becomes  more expensive here to live then what would be the
advantage of even being here unless you are coming from a even less poor developed country.  as a westerner the country would lose
all appeal for living here on a permenant basis.

shaun

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 07:14:39 am »
Yes Ted I agree.  Even if you catch a pick pocketer all they wants to do is get away.  In America, if you catch him he might shoot you or beat the crap out of you.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:24:59 am by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:08:07 am »
Neil, Breakin's here is a daily occurrence. My place (my first place here) was broken into. The home I'm in now got hit 5 times. They took the appliances and even the kitchen cabinet doors? When I first moved in they stole my BBQ grill and then my central a/c. But since they keep clear, word is out so to speak.

I've never encountered a pick pocket here though? I never keep cash in my wallet anyway. Grow up in NY half hour from NYC and you learn what not to do.

Crime wise China has nothing on us here. If you ever watch the TV show Cops, most of it is filmed right here. Just look for the shirts that say Broward County. Another is Brevard County (Daytona Beach) and Hillsborough County (Tampa). All always on that show. For those not knowing the show it is a film crew that rides along with the local police.

Offline temur72

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 11:11:26 am »
I am rather happy to live in Canada Calgary regarding crime

Never had my house broken into (except by friends who were drunk and wanted a place to go after the bar. Never been mugged or have had anyone I know get mugged, and the murder rate is very low perhaps 10-20 a year for a population of 1 million.

I did have a motorcycle of mine get stolen during the night though