Author Topic: Every journey has a second step.......  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
Every journey has a second step.......
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:01:11 am »
Well after being in the old steak and kidney (Sydney) for nearly a month now I am going back to Shenzhen on 22 September for 5 days.  Fly straight to Hong Kong this time and meet Wendy at the airport overnight in HK and then back to her apartment to start to sort out all of the paperwork that we are going to require for her visa application.

We have decided that we are going to get married in February 2011 some time after the 13th depending on the registry place and the bookings.  This will coincide with my annual leave and the rest of the time we will travel around China on our honeymoon.  Might be a good time to catch up with any brothers who will be in/live in China around those times.

We do not have an itinerary for our trip yet so any suggestions would be appreciated.  I think we will try and do some sort of round trip starting/ending at Shenzhen.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Every journey has a second step.......
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:52:54 am »
That will be great Jason , Sydney direct to Honkers about the same time as crossing north to south across the coathanger  ;D , will watch you coming events with great interest , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:09:19 am »
The second time around can only be better than the first time.  I am looking forward to hearing your adventures a second time around.

Paul Todd

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 07:40:17 am »
Swift return Jason, it must be love ;D Glad you two are making a go of it together. Robert let us poms in on the secret what's the "Coathanger"

Offline seagull

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:15:54 am »
Swift return Jason, it must be love ;D Glad you two are making a go of it together. Robert let us poms in on the secret what's the "Coathanger"

It's the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Offline Jason B

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:21:42 am »
Well only two days till I go.  Have just finished packing as tomorrow I have a late finishing shift and then a chat to Xia and bed to be at the airport by 0530 on Wednesday.  For those that have made multiple trips:  One thing I have noticed is that this time there is no pressure and the trip will be more enjoyable, would you agree with this?

Will post pictures and stories on my return as I am not taking my laptop this time and am only taking a bag of clothes as cabin luggage to make the transition at the airport quicker.

Cheers to all looking forward to reading about everyone's adventures when I get back.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 04:29:40 am »
Use her computer
Jimmy Henson

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 05:08:49 am »
Absolutely agree Jason

I am just winding up for my 5 th visit to my Ming...and it all seems like going home....not going away on a " mystery" trip, filled with unknowns !!!

Have a great time together...only good things to look forward to !!

DavidE

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:21 pm »
Yes, after the first trip, it is much more relaxed and easier.  Like David E said, it will feel like you are arriving home.  Have a great trip, and we look forward to reading your trip log.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 09:02:57 pm »
Bon Voyage Jason....Have a safe trip 'HOME' 8)

Paul Todd

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:27:56 am »
 ;D Defiantly, less stress and way more fun ;)

Offline Jason B

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 11:46:32 pm »
OK guys I have been back in Sydney now for about 2 weeks and again hating every minute of it away from Xia, but I am going back in November towards the end to celebrate my 40th birthday with her and hopefully if all goes according to plan and there is no delay we will get married in that week as well.

I have posted some pictures in another album for all to see, but I will say that everything everyone said about a second visit is true.

The look and smile on Xia's face when she met me at HK airport was priceless and will live with me forever.  I will let the pictures do tell the story as I think that this visit was more like going to see old family members than a visit that deserves a blow by blow explanation but believe me it was better than the first and I thought that that visit was fantastic.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »
I'm a little confused. You can just show up in China and get married that week?  Do you already have all the paperwork to satisfy the government you are both single? I thought there was a 21 day residency requirement before you could apply for those documents. I think I read it in another post here somewhere.  If you can clarify the paperwork procedure you used it would be helpful to me.

Gerry
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Paul Todd

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 08:56:01 pm »
Yes, Robert is correct. It's just us UK folks that have to wait 21 days. But there are ways to avoid this if we do all are paperwork back home before we travel.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 09:45:15 pm »
I'm a little confused. You can just show up in China and get married that week?  Do you already have all the paperwork to satisfy the government you are both single? I thought there was a 21 day residency requirement before you could apply for those documents. I think I read it in another post here somewhere.  If you can clarify the paperwork procedure you used it would be helpful to me.

Gerry

I got married on April 7...I had arrived in China on April 1.