Author Topic: Chnlove Anti Scam Site  (Read 10001 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Chnlove Anti Scam Site
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:56:43 pm »
I stumbled on this site tonight.  Though others might want to see it as well.

http://www.chnlovescam.com/

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
Re: Chnlove Anti Scam Site
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 12:35:15 am »
Good article. I know people get scammed, And I don't care where you go or what business you are in. There will always be someone trying to get something for nothing.
But in the case of Chnlove which we all know I had my battles with. I believe they are doing the best they can. It is the agency in their network that has scammed you. Or in many cases 1 bad translator in that Agency.
I hate how 1 or 2 greedy people can screw things up for so many good honest people.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 02:19:52 am »
At first glance I thought that this was Chinalove trying to cover their backsides and didn't bother to reply.  But after reading Jimmy's post I have had another look and have to agree, it is the agencies or a couple of bad apples within them that make the others seem bad.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Chinese Knot

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:34:42 am »
Yes, I agree with Jimmy and Jason ,truly ,the site is good one ,but some agencies and translators 's make something wrong in this business. Let us
together anti-scammer !

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 03:35:45 am »
This is my favorite topic. I will probably get banned for this.

Personally I think it is a scam to cover up their complacency in ignoring their member agencies practices.  An attempt to put a respectable face on a shady money mill. All they have to do is open one eye and the truth will stare them in the face. I have dealt with  different affiliate agencies of Chnlove.com and they all behave the same way.

I really don’t mind paying the EMF fees if there was some sort of guarantee that you were actually talking the lady you think. One sincere phone call or a video chat on QQ would convince me that the lady was at least aware of what was going on before you start shelling out EMF dollars.

But they steer you away from direct contact with many lame excuses. They start with the "I don’t have access to a computer" and when you shoot that one down then they counter with " But please forgive me but I don't have any computer skills" and on and on.

And I believe that in most cases (in my experience) the first Admire letter does not come from the lady at all. They come from the agencies, casting out bait to see if they can catch a fish. They don’t even read your profile other than the introduction so they have your name and age right. I have complained bitterly to Chnlove and so far they have slapped one of their agencies on the wrist and allowed me direct contact. And when I did contact the lady it was obvious to me she had no idea of the previous letters we had supposedly exchanged and she was not at all interested in me.  Chnlove knows full well what is going on and will not make any attempt to correct it as long as the EMF revenue is coming in.  How could they not know when most of their agencies are doing this.

They don’t read your profile. If they did they would find the message that I left to the agencies in my profile.  I will show it to you.. but wait!

Man this is beautiful. What perfect timing. While I was busy ranting in this message I received another admire letter and it is right on target of what I am trying to say.
------------
Date: Sep 09, 2010             Mail ID: DBIIDJAG
Hi dear Gerry

How are you there? When I read your profile, I read it over & over to be sure I have read it correctly. Your words touch my heart & I will try to see if you might have a interest in me. I write to you because I think you are sincere & you want the same as myself, to love & be loved with a mutual respect & understanding of each other.

I am a very loving,caring , and family oriented traditional Chinese woman. I enjoy hiking, long walks,& taking in nature, movies, TV, watching sports, etc. & also having someone to love & be loved.

I really like you a lot & I really feel like we could have a loving relationship. I am a intimate and romantic lady. I love to have sweet kisses and make passionate love with my love. I also think that a gentle touch of the hand, a soft sweet kiss a loving look, a sweet smile, a gentle hug, a squeeze of the hand are all little things that lets your loved one know that you care very much..Do you agree?

Bla, bla, bla…
-------------
She is probably a very sweet lady and or she is a complete fabrication. But the agency is using her for a revenue stream. She is probably one of their best producers or they would have found her a husband by now. I checked her profile. She has been register at Chnlove since August 2008 (over two years). And she didn’t write this letter and the agency that wrote it did not read my profile. “I read it over & over to be sure I have read it correctly.” Total Crap.

I’ll show you my profile. It is not sweet and it will not “touch your heart” It is actually quite rude. But it contains the message I wish to convey and is direct and to the point.
---------------
PLEASE READ
Average guy. Intelligent, Professional Engineering. Semi retired. I like movies, dancing. dining, walking and just being with friends.

Please do not write to me with mushy poetic jargon about having seen my smile you instantly fell in love... YUK. Get real. Read my profile and really talk with me. If you can't do that then you are not my type. If you do not answer the following queston I will delete your letter. Please let me know why you are interested in an older, mature man like me.

I do not need another penpal.If you will really write to me serious meaningful letters then I will correspond with you. I have no time for meaningless chit chat. Your first letter should contain detailed information about you and your family, your child and your divorce. You should know that the first thing I will ask you for will be real casual unmodified photos. Following that I will ask for direct communications by video chat so you can prove you are who you say you are. If you can not meet these requirements then please do not waste your time writing to me at all.
------------------
Now, do you think she or the agency read my profile? It’s not just this one. They are all like this. I have deleted dozens upon dozens of these type of letters. One out of 50 makes it through my BS filter and I actually respond to the lady. The only reason I am still having any dealing at all with Chnlove is because I still have a balance of Cupid credits. And when those are gone I will say good bye to them.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 05:50:15 am »
Pineau man you are right on the money. You have made my point exactly. Chnlove didn't read your profile and the woman maybe, there are some strange ones and the Agency they don't care. Some agency translator trying to generate a cash flow. that is one guy. How does that make the whole program bad?  And as far as a guarantee, you are talking to that exact person, Man it's a risk and you will never get any guarantee from any of these companies. As they can no way monitor every single letter written the volume is to much. Chnlove is like the network and hookup all of these agencies, Believe me if you have a serious problem like a few of us have had and you make enough noise about it to the right people you will get action. I think the translator that my wife and I managed to have ejected is still looking for work. And we have checked back a few times to make sure he was really fired.
Man I know its annoying but it all falls back to the old saying no risk no gain.  And these women have different thoughts and dreams than the scum bags we are used to seeing in like the US.
I have saved every letter my wife and I ever wrote to each other. I let her read them all one night and I was amazed some of the stuff I was sure had come from some translator, Man it was from her. She did show some stuff she had no Idea who wrote. And she also showed me a dozen or so letters she does not remember ever getting from me.  And a few times she wrote some stuff and the translator spiced it up a little.
Some of these guys are so crooked they can't even walk straight, And others are working for their girl helping her to keep you interested that is all that it is. and they actually help your letters from time to time to help you keep her interested.
Chnlove they have a lot of problems but it's people like you and me that can help them straighten some of this crap out. And honestly I think they want to. You getting scammed out of a few emf credits. Tell them, if you can, help them find the source of the problem they will refund the credits I am proof of that.

I am a little older than a lot of these guys and still younger than a few old farts. And I tell you just complaining and pointing a finger at someone and saying they are no good. That will help nothing.
 I married a very wonderful girl thanks to her. Chnlove showed me who she was and a scamming translator he let a few to many real letters slip through that we actually found each other and got him fired. I think the girl that took his place was afraid to try anything so we got some real communication going  And we moved on to our own using text message and eventually I bought her a computer. The agency was really doing more harm than good. they would call her on the phone and read my letters to her. And she dictate to them what she wanted to send me. She never one time got a hard copy of my letters or pictures.  But we both hung in there, and are stressing out waiting for a visa now and doing it together.  If it's money your worried about Don't because what you can get from all of this crap in the end is priceless.
What I am trying to tell ya is man its all a a big game with big risk and  you never know the out come till it's over. sometimes you lose but the wins are enormous.
Stay in the game brother as soon as you quit they win and you lose. Don't get angry play smart. I will guarantee you one thing, You are smarter than these agency guys and the only way they can beat you is if you let them.

Sorry guys sometimes I just get on a roll or a ramble call it what you want.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 06:56:52 pm »
Just came upon while searching something completely different

http://www.pfishy.com/chnlove.com

Not much of nice feedback lol
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:10 pm »
No the lady probably didn't read your profile.That is why she hired the agency.These ladies in most cases pay big money to have thiere profile posted with the agencies.So they would like a guarantee of success.Can you blame them.They just spent a couple of months worth of thiere income.For a chance to meet a nice guy.

I tell you what.You guys can do.Send me your wages for 2 months.Along with your information.And a couple of photos.I will hook you up with a nice Chinese woman.If for some reason you and the lady can't make the connection.It isn't my fault.So who wants to sign up with Maxx's match making service.I know allot of Chinese ladies from 18 to 55 years old.

Guys Chnlove is a business thire for they are in business to make money.The corporate offices are based in Hong Kong.The agencies operate in the mainland.And just like any other business in China.They are not bound by any morals or scruples.That you are accustomed to.If you have a problem with the way.Chnlove does business.Don't do business with them.Thiere is probably over a 100 different companies.That offer to introduce you to a Chinese woman.And probably another 100 companies that offer to introduce.You to woman from all parts of Asia.

My question to you guys.Is if Chnlove is so bad.Why are you looking for a  woman.On thiere web site?Also I have another question.If Chnlove is so bad.What do you say.To Reverend Mike,Arnold,Okie Rob,Brian Mc,Paul Todd,Peter I Spy, Martin,Irishman,tom Fisher fish,Scott,Buzz,Nik,Jim Burk,myself.And to anyone else I mite of forgot.Did all of these guys get scammed.Does this mean my wife.And are 2 kids are a scam.If so Somebody owes me allot of money.

The point is yes some guys do get worked by Chnlove.Or the agencies.This is how business works in China.Buyer be aware.Keep your head up.And your eyes open.Be in control of the situation the relationship.If it's bad get the hell out.Why be a marter if you don't have to be?

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:16:51 pm »
I went through the whole site that Martin provided the link for.  My opinion has not changed.  Chnlove was and is still a scam site.

Before those of you who found wonderful women to marry get all upset because me and a few other still say it is a scam please continue reading.  The though that comes to mind is that to be successful at doing a scam on such a huge scale you have to have a few successes.  If you didn't then the men who are looking for women would leave and go elsewhere.  So for you fortunate few I say congratulations.  I am happy for you.  But for me it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth because they scammed me for over $300.00.  Have they offered to give me my money back? Come on get real.  It won't happen.

It is not as if I would want to go back.  I have found the woman of my dreams.  Why would I go back?  TO GET MY MONEY.

I remember when I first joined this site in June 09, and I had actually been reading it since April 09, the talk was about the 70/30 success rate.  Before some of you new people think the wrong thing, we figured that only 30% of the men here found success.  We used to talk about what could be done to improve those odds.  Then several of us left chnlove and 2 found success right away.  I remember, David I hope you don't mind, David E about ready to give up all together.  He changes sites and look what happened.  I dare to say he is the happiest man in Australia other than Robert.  I wonder what the success rate is since many of us left chnlove?  I don't think you can really call me a success yet because we are not married yet but next month Peggy and me have been together 1 year.  I've also applied for a K-1 visa.

I don't remember reading where Chnlove has stepped up to the plate and worked things out for anyone on this site.   If they had I am sure it would be all over this site.  The lucky man would be shouting from the top of his monitor.  The silence is deafening.

So until I hear of them actually doing something I don't believe it.  Giving me my money back would help to restore my faith a little.

I just had a thought. Think about the 70/30 rate.  Lets say 10 men spend $8.00 to write and receive 1 letter a day.  So the site makes $24.00 on three successful men and Chn has to work for it a little.  The 7 spend $56.00. They have 1 person reply to 7 men who do not have a clue to what is going on.  Let us say that the seven men go through 3 women before they figure out it is a scam.  That is an extra $112.00 a day over and above the $56.00.  Now multiply that by 2000 men and your income from scamming is $336,000.00 a day scamming profit.  It is not to their interest to be honest.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:43:12 pm by shaun »

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:58:58 pm »
I think both maxx and shaun has valid points.

But you get scammed at the supermarket too, perhaps on the apples. That doesnt mean the roastbeef is a scam.

Point is, business is money. Any business. Ur getting scammed and ripped off everywhere. But those who can read the
game and see when the apples are rotten usually dont get scammed in the end either.

Offline shaun

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 09:52:59 pm »
Mikkie,

I do not agree with your last statement.  I don't think all business is a scam.  Many business owners try to do everything they do with integrity.  Some could be much larger than they are in business but choose to do it honestly and know they are hurting their profit margin.

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 09:54:54 pm »
the only way they will gain credibility is to actually remove agencies that scam people and we
all know of a couple. that would give them a tremendous amount of credability in everyones eyes.

but as with all these dating sites there are good with the bad.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 10:31:27 pm »
Mikkie,

I do not agree with your last statement.  I don't think all business is a scam.  Many business owners try to do everything they do with integrity.  Some could be much larger than they are in business but choose to do it honestly and know they are hurting their profit margin.

I didnt mean ALL down to the letter. But theres a saying that its the opportunity that makes the thief.  If u look like a fool when u leave your car to the repairshop, the bill will be made for a fool too.  What im saying is most will take advantage of you when it comes to business, if they see the opportunity. And that goes for all business no matter you bake bread or build IC components for space shuttles. Hehe, Chnlove is far from unique.

And even if the business owner despise all kind of scams or rip offs.  Whats there to say all hes employed will?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:35:49 pm by Mikael_Shim »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 10:51:09 pm »
OK,...I want to throw my voice into this debate...and lets keep in mind, that this is a debate, and not everyone will have the same view.  Debate is a good thing.  First and foremost, for any of the newer members, we are NOT affiliated in any way with chnlove.com  Most of us have come from there...since it was their forum that allowed us to advertise this site.

Shaun, I am going to disagree with you about chnlove being a scam site.  I do not believe this at all.  However, that being said, I think there are many agencies operating under the chnlove umbrella that leave a lot to be desired.  I suspect that these individual agencies, when dealing with Chinese men from China (Or HK) probably are great agencies to deal with.  However, these agencies when dealing with a foreigner find it easy to scam money out of us, because odds are, we aren't going to go all the way to China to meet the woman...I am assuming that is the case.

So who is at fault?  Chnlove customer care gets a complaint about ABC True Love Agency in Somewhere China, that the translator has been fudging the EMF letters...they investigate, and the agency has already covered its tracks.  So from chnlove standpoint, the agency has shown they have done nothing wrong.  I don't think the site is a scam...I just think the system is broke, and needs to be fixed.  I doubt if chnlove sees their business as being broken.

But here lies the root of the problem...the individual agencies.  I would be willing to bet, if there was another site running a similar setup as chnlove.com, that the same problems would be persistent.  When you go to other sites, you have less chances of being scammed by a translator of a rogue agency, but you do run a higher risk of being scammed by an individual.

That's my thought.

Paul Todd

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 11:04:42 pm »
There are ways of increasing your chances of success and weeding out the dubious, be they agencies, translators or the ladies themselves. That in a large part is why this independent forum exists. Like Arnold said in another post " We have all the answers here but not necessarily the right ones" :) sorry if I got that wrong Arnold but I think it was close.
Yes, I am one of the "lucky" ones, do I believe that I just happen to fall into this category as some sort of percentage that was allowed to succeed? No. I was successful because I had a wealth of good advice here from guy's that had been through it before me and were willing to share it. Don't get me wrong I'm in no way saying CL is perfect and some of the stunts they pull are indefensible as we have all witnessed.
There is one thing that we should take into account and that's us,western guy's and our expectations. How many of us when we started out had any idea about Chinese people and their customs that was based on fact and not some received wisdom? How many of us take the time and make a real effort to learn and understand the world our prospective wives are actually living in? I think a lot of failures are down to us and our attitude, maybe more than we are willing to admit. Saying that there are guy's who are genuinely burnt by CL all we can do here is share that information and hopefully cut down the number of times it happens. Shaun I'm not upset by your view of CL in any way,that's the beauty of this site your free to express your opinions. CL is a Chinese company who play by Chinese rules like Maxx said we all have a choice to use them or go else where, for me it was the best move I made in a very long time and I will always be thankful that I joined.