Author Topic: Life in Hong Kong  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: Life in Hong Kong
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 05:12:42 pm »
Philip,

I am glad to hear that your wife got her 90 day visa. At least you two can have that time together, barring any other bureaucratic nonsence. Enjoy your time together.

Dave C.
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 04:26:06 am »
How long will the application take to renew once she returns to China?  My wife had to wait something like twelve weeks to get the pass to go to Hong Kong.  It is valid for 6 months but she needs to go to a travel agent to get it signed to the effect that she has a return ticket before they will admit her to Hong Kong!

We have not bothered to use it yet.  Mind you we had a lay over in Hong Kong of many, many hours earlier last week and I could have gone out wandering around HK but she would have had to stay in the Airport terminal.

Just as an aside.  Many workers in Hong Kong travel back to the mainland on Friday by ferry and return to HK for work on the Monday.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
Life in Hong Kong
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 11:29:38 pm »
Sai Kung indeed is a very beautiful place to live. So many outdoor activity you can do.Have you gone hiking on the Maclehose Trail? I will depart to Saikung tomorrow for national holliday.

My classmate is Hong Kong Citizen, He married a maindland wife, I heard his wife also need to apply for the 90 days visa each time she wants to visit HK. His wife needs to wait 5 years that she can relocate to Hong Kong then she is allowed to work in Hong Kong. Then after she live HK for 7 years,then she can be a HK citizen.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:59:36 am by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline Philip

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 05:52:53 am »
Well, my wife is amazing. I don't really deserve such happiness. She was due to come to Hong Kong with me this week, but for reasons I will explain, she should be here next weekend.
From the beginning, I told her that I really wanted to have a child with her. She said that she was not sure if she could have more children (she has two already). She asked me if I would leave her if she couldn't have children. I told her I would never leave her. We decided that we would go to a hospital in Changsha last week to check out what the complications might be. A doctor had previously told her that she couldn't have children. I said we should get a second opinion, and this time from an expert. We went to the gynaecological hospital in Changsha. They did some scans, then booked her in for surgery to remove the fallopian tube blockage. She went under the knife on Thursday, the surgery was successful, I spent two days with her, trying to be supportive, and she is now recovering for another week. She is in a lot of pain from the 4 inch incision, but she is very brave and uncomplaining, is getting better every day, and walking around her room a bit. I am in Hong Kong, for work, but I wish I was with her. I have so much admiration for her. We both hope and pray that we can have a baby.
The surgeons were good, as far as I can tell. (Though one of them warned her that I might have a wife and children in England - not very helpful for a woman who has just undergone major surgery!)
The nurses do not really understand the concept of pastoral care, they just give medicine and drips and don't ask how she is doing. But if the surgeons were good at their job, I suppose I can live with the uncaring nurses.
As I said, my wife is amazing. Would I have gone through such pain, uncomplaining, if I had to to go through the same experience? I honestly don't think so.

p.s. sorry, Yan, for not getting back to you. I hope you enjoyed your holiday. I have done quite a bit of cycling, hiking and swimming here in Sai Kung. Today was 28 degrees, still a bit hot for proper hiking. Soon, I plan to take a boat to one of the fabulous beaches that are inaccessible by road. I can't wait until my wife arrives.

Oh, by the way, it is my wife's birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZHIMEI!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:55:44 am by Philip »

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 06:03:45 am »
Phil, Happy Birthday to your beautiful wife Zhimei, I truly wish her a speedy and successful recovery and may you be blessed with many happy, healthy children together.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 07:46:23 am »
Nice to hear that Philip.  Maybe get across on the ferry to meet you one day as I had to call off our last proposed meet up in London.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 02:29:17 pm »
Happy birthday Zhimei, and I hope you have a fast recovery.  I hope the surgery works well for the both of you.

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 03:36:33 pm »
Hope everything  goes well philip,
i hope that your dreams can come true,
the most wonderful gift in life is a baby
with a Chinese wife,
 i wish you every success and happiness
regards joey

Paul Todd

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 07:21:53 am »
Truly amazing women  :) May  Zhimei have a swift recovery and of course  HAPPY BIRTHDAY too,from Min zhi and myself ;D

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 08:41:14 am »
Philip,

May her recovery go well and maybe next year the two of you will be blessed with a little one.

Ted

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 06:43:25 pm »
Best wishes Philip from Sunny and myself.
Hopefully in years to come you will celebrate one extra birthday (or more!!) each year :)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 03:42:29 am »
Great info Philip , we truly hope that all is well and Zhemei is feeling better and can soon join you , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline shaun

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 05:02:36 am »
Philip,  I hope your wife recovers quickly and all is well.  I know you are looking forward to having her with you.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 02:47:29 pm »
Phillip
The nurses are you could say robotic. They just do their job, passing out the meds, change the drip, give a shot now and then. I found the same thing here in Harbin when I was in the hospital.  And what the Doctor  said about a wife in England, that just goes to show the misconceptions these people have about western Men. Just as people in the west have the same misconceptions of Chinese women.
This journey turns out to be the best thing that ever happened to a lot of people. But most people only remember the bad ones, and it happens on both sides.

Happy Birthday to your wife. And I am glad to hear all went well with her operation. That must have been a big relief in itself.
Jimmy Henson

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 07:55:18 am »
Philip ,your wife indeed very brave. Love make her brave! Hope to hear good news from you soon.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~