Author Topic: Winning over the Parent's !  (Read 2317 times)

Arnold

Winning over the Parent's !
« on: May 24, 2009, 05:37:38 pm »
I like to share one of my Wife's letter's here , not only for the newbee's but all . This letter was written on Feb. 08 '08 after knowing Qing for only a little over two month's . To show how much I procressed through writing only and including the Parent's in all . Which is so important , to build a happy and forward moving relationship with a chinese Lady .

My dearest Arnold ,nong hao ,

I have seen the beatuiful photos and snowman¡¯s brother .it¡¯s very clean after the rain in Palmdale .when Cher love Arnold who is from Palmdale ,it¡¯s also cher¡¯s becautiful Rainbow in my life .

My darling ,my Mom has received my Arnold¡¯s card .Mom can¡¯t believe her own eyes that her foreign son-in law could write so beatuiful characters .She loves you from her bottom of her heart .xiaxia nong !Maybe it delays for the airflight ,because of chinese snow and rain recently but it can¡¯t effect the happiness you give to my mom¡¯s birthday .Cher is very happy to know that Mom loves you very much .***I LOVE YOU *** Thanks for all the things you do for me .it snows several times these days and has the thick snow now .it¡¯s very cold here .we stay at home to celebrate mom¡¯s birthday and have the birthday dinner together .:-)

Yes ,after cher become the mother and begin to understand the love from mother to the own child .whenever how old I am ,I am still her child in her eyes .in my eyes ,tianchi is also be my little child forever whenever he grows up .

Arnold ,the translator told me today that she will have the spring festival off from 6th to 8th .she will have 3 days¡¯off .so darling ,please remember that Cher love you all the time .

In reference to the marriage registering ,thanks for you to enquire them carfully .your cher also knows that the different countires¡¯marriage office is at Shanghai Everbright convention and exhib.center ,3rd Floor .i can know the newspaper which we need .Maybe we could manage some procedure in May .

If 12 Girls Band come to our wedding ,the beatuiful bride will thanks them in person .it¡¯s them make my dearest Arnold to know Shanghai and let us meet each other .

I am very happy to hear that your uncle could be our priest .08-08-08 it¡¯s really very exciting .it¡¯s the same day for our wedding and the Beijing Olympic Games .Thanks my Bridegroom has selected this lucky day .it indicates our future life will accompany the spiriture of Olympic Games and we will be very happy

I have seen my Arnold¡¯s happy smile already ,because your cher is giving the deepest kisses to you now .,

In reference to ***and 8,I think our love will connected with the luck all the time .because our love is made in heaven .

I am looking forward to hear your childrenhood¡¯story .but I promise that I will never spank you except that you do other bad things .haha¡­

Darling ,I don¡¯t know much about American football .in Japan ,I know many physical races which Gaints such as horse race ,gig and so on

My dearest Arnold ,Tianchi has some children whose age is the same to play together with him but he still want me to take him to the public .During the holliday ,I think I will be a little tired .Thanks for you supporting my decision on my work .i think I will do the right decision .:-)

I will talking with my Arnold on the phone tomorrow .darling ,could you speak a little slowly .because I don¡¯t have the electronic translator and I can¡¯t win you .:-)

I am looking forward to hearing your voice soon
***I LOVE YOU ,MY ARNOLD***
***CHER***

This was also a day before our first phone call together , like I have said before , Qing ( Cher ) called me first .

Scottish_Rob

RE: Winning over the Parent's !
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:00:03 pm »
Exceptional mate, I cannot understand for the life of me why no-one has posted any comments on this thread.
This letter SHOULD show the newbies especially, that they can talk to their ladies about everything and not just 'how's the weather, and I love you"  Open up to them guy's what you gotta lose????

Arnold thank you for sharing your very private communication, I for one hope that you and Qing have a wonderful and prosperous life together.:)

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:15:49 am »
Thanks Rob and Mike .
I did post this letter , to show what can be done writing and like you said about anything and everything . I did not care for how many comment's this get's , it's more important how many read it and get the idea , how one must include the Parent's . Get to know there names , birthday and send flower's not only to the Girl , but the Mother as well . I even told Qing , hope her Dad does not feel left out because of this . What Qing wrote me back .. was " My Dad is not that way at all , he loves to see his two Women ... Happy " . You can imagine how that made me feel inside . As soon as I stepped of that Plane , that same night .. Qing's parent's cooked me a 10 course dinner . Talk about love in the Air .
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:17:49 am by Arnold »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:20:52 pm »
Lovely letter Arnold, thanks for sharing that with us.
I think when its right you just know it in your heart. I know my lady is right for me this time, I truly feel it in my heart. She is unlike any other I've written or met for that matter.
I think its possible that by the time this year is out I could be joining the increasing list of guys here that are sitting waiting for the postman to deliver the letter saying the visa is approved!

I know full well that impressing the parents is so important to Chinese people, they wont go against their parents wishes so when I visit next there will be gifts for her parents as well as her :) I make a point of asking how they are and to send my best wishes to them which of course goes down well with her.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 12:23:52 am »
Irish , you knowing me .. I would not wish you any less , than that to happen for you . Get to know Vivian real good , there is plenty of time , before going . But don't tell everything about you . Hui and Ling are in the past and best to keep them there .

Offline hellerjk

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 09:42:31 pm »
I thought I would share some communication between my lady & myself. We are into day 7 of our communication. These are just excerpts, translator assiting us both.

From my 2nd EMF:
"There is so much to learn about each other. I very much want to learn more about you. Specifically if you do find true love would you & your family be agreeable to you living in the United States?"

Her response (her 3rd EMF:)
"I  know the language is the barrier for us at this moment, but I am willing to learn it.
From your letter I can see you have a nice personality. I would like to know you better.

My parents never have interfered in me to live other country and they never said no to me that I want to do.
They always put their confidence to me. They have open mind and truth me. When I was young my parents always told me that never let your self regret and life is short and precious. The most important is happiness.

At the same time they never have interfered in me to make what kind of friends. And don't care which country man to be their son-in-law. But they are care about what kind of man I choose to be my husband and care if that man show his whole heart to me and take good care of me.
They know that if I get marriage with other country man. I will leave my homeland and move to other new place for my new life. of course, they will miss me always, so they hope my husband has enough responsibility to protect me and make me happy.

I am serious looking for my true love here and Hope you would cherish our meeting as I do.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. "

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 11:33:14 pm »
Hellerjk , I must say ... this early on , for her to be so open about everything around her Family and herself , it's very special and not too common . That should not mean for you to speed things up now , just continue with a comfortable pace for you and mostly the Lady and you will find yourself on the road to happiness and Love . Good Luck .

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:29:11 am »
That was a beautiful letter.  You have found a wonderful, honest, sincere woman there.  Good Luck to you!
...as irresistible as chocolate