Author Topic: Martin and Zhifang  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Martin and Zhifang
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:14:41 pm »
I am sure most of you are already aware, in less than 24 hours, my wife will be arriving in Canada, at long last, to join me here.  I am not entirely sure of the exact date that I sent her a cupid note...it was later in October.  The first letter I received from Zhifang was on October 21 2008.  It has been a long road, as it is for everyone else here, but finally, in less than 24 hours, my wife will be joining me here.  She will land around 6:45 PM (18:45) Eastern Time at Pearson International Airport in Toronto.  This will be the first time that she has ever left China.

Everything we have worked hard for over the past couple of years has all come down to this.  At one time, it didn't seem like it would ever be a reality.  In a way, it still doesn't seem like it is real.  But to be certain that it is real, I am still going to be at the airport, just in case. 

2 years of waiting
hundreds of emails
countless hours on MSN and QQ
2 trips to China
Cost====Priceless

So the real part of my adventure finally will become a reality.  For those that have not followed my blog in the past, it chronicles both of my trips to China (April 2009 + November 2009), as well as my life in between those trips.  I am going to keep blogging our life, our challenges, the new world through the eyes of my wife, as well as post pictures in there.  It can be found at www.thechinesedumpling.blogspot.com

Thank you to all who have given me support over the past 2 years...especially Maxx, Arnold and Chong....I am sure I will be needing more support at some point.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:16:41 pm by Martin »

Offline shaun

Re: Martin and Zhifang
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:51:01 pm »
Right now Martin you are the luckiest man alive.  I envy you.  I hope all goes well and the flight will be good for your wife.  I hope that the new life for the both of you will be the greatest.

I'll be thinking of the two of you over the next few days and weeks.

Paul Todd

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:59:36 pm »
Jezzz, I'm getting excited about this and I'm in China!!!! I can imagine how your both feeling ;D I know it's taken a long time to get to this point but it looks like time well spent to me. What a fantastic adventure! it's changed your lives in ways I bet you never imagined when this whole thing started out. So now you can forget about the waiting and get on to the real deal.....Married life awaits ;D and Ming zhi and I wish you both a long and happy life together. It's dumplings for you every night now!!!!!

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 10:26:32 pm »
Martin,

Congrats the long wait is finally over. Now your new life starts together. May all things go well.

Ted

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 11:24:06 pm »
No need to thank me Martin . We here work as a true Team to give to other's what we have accomplished and most of all , because of you having the great/dumb idea to start a Facebook Forum about all this . You of all must be thanked for all the help that so many Guy's here receive to make it easier for them to find " THEEE " one they so hard seek .
You did good and now your being rewarded for it . I will for sure follow your and Zhifang's adventure in Canada on your Blog and learn a few things myself that will help me with my LaoPo .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 12:02:23 am »
CONGRATS MATE, THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER... ;D ;D

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:11:40 am »
Martin congradulations to you and Zhifang.The long wate is finally over.Jinxia and I wish you and Zhifang the very best.As you start on the road.To a long and happy life together.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 01:46:36 am »
Martin congratulations , and I bet now the nerves are setting in ha ha , 24 hours and the family will be together , now with Zhifang by your side you will have plenty to show her and places to see , so both of you stay safe and god bless , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 04:58:06 am »
Congratulations Brother both of you deserve this. Especially her now she has to put up with you everyday. And I am sure lovin every minute of it.
Many of the guys have had this happy day already. And many of us are still waiting our turn.
But this one is all yours Have a happy day my friend, and enjoy every second of the rest of your life.

I bet it is like being in the final 2 mins of a Superbowl and your team is 10 touchdowns ahead. Just waiting for the clock to tick down to victory. 
Jimmy Henson

Offline Chong

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 07:14:59 am »
Sunny and I are 2-3 weeks behind you guys. It'll be interesting when the two ladies meet on the 29th. Then lunch with the brothers on the 30th. Then New Year's Eve celebration.

Congrats Buddy.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 08:31:07 am »
Great news Martin.

Hopefully you will have so maybe you will not have time to use your censor button so much.   

Just joking.   Make the best of your time as Life is not forever.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 08:47:49 am »
Congratulations about that very good news :)
So, as some others here, you and your wife will be together in a few hours.
I hope your wife's flight will be fine and that you will see at the airport how real it is, that she'll be in Canada with you :)

All the best to you and your wife Zhifang :)
Regards,

Sylvain & Liyan
- Let's Rock -

Offline Philip

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:20:36 am »
Congratulations to you both. You deserve to be happy.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 03:50:29 am »
Congratulations Martin, its been a long wait for you both, how wonderful that its finally over.
May you both have many happy years together.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 07:25:36 am »
Zhifang has arrived safely.  It felt like a really long wait at the airport, but we managed alright.  My daughter was getting frustrated that Zhifang was not coming through the doors.  She was seeing a lot of Chinese people coming out, but why not Zhifang?  As it happened, there were three flights landed near each other...one from Hong Kong, one from Shanghai, and one from Beijing.  And many of these people live in Canada, so pass through customs quickly.

Zhifang had to be processed by the immigration as a new immigrant.  She said she was processed quickly, but a lot of people arrived behind her, so she knew it would slow down for them.  She said the immigration officer was very nice, but only spoke English.  He asked where I lived, and what my phone number was.  Not long after, she was granted access to the country.  She said they did not search her bags, although others getting processed did have their bags checked.

So at long last she arrived in Toronto.  Unfortunately, we had a three hour drive ahead of us, back to where I live.  But she chatted away the entire drive here.  So all is good here.