Author Topic: End of the road  (Read 179384 times)

Offline shaun

Re: End of the road
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:30 am »
Gerry whatever the reason it is a pain.  I have a hard time understanding how our government can be so rigid and ask us to jump through so many hoops.

May 4, 2011, the same day Peggy and I were rejected our wonderful and glorious savior president made a speech on immigration in El Paso, Texas.  In that speech he said that EVERYONE knows that our immigration process is broke and that it needs major reform and that HE planned to begin, I am guessing a committee, to discuss how to reform it.  Here it is July and you can see the results in your application.  3lb of paper and a lot of sweat and energy.

You can have a ton of the most overwhelming evidence proving that a person has a bona fide relationship and these interviewers will focus in on a gnat's ass, a mistake in speech and reject you.  THIS is typical governmental BS.  If we had this kind of investigation and questioning for both elected federal officials and federal employees there wouldn't be anyone in Washington D.C. working for the government.

I say all of that to say this.  Gerry, make absolutely sure that your wife is rock solid with answers when she gets to the interview.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2011, 05:29:38 am »
Fiona's sister got her visa approved and is now in the USA with her fiance'.  She flew out two days ago.
Total 8 months from application to approval. 

Here's the farewell dinner with anut and uncle. She is the one in the red dress. The boy is her son who decided to stay in China at the last minute.
http://imageshack.us/g/228/dsc0009cwu.jpg/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:41:01 am by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2011, 06:01:14 am »
I wonder what the rejection rate via other US Embassies in China?

Still as a non USA Citizen it is not for be to criticise. But it must be like getting a real kick in the guts to get a rejection.

I am just glad that I do not have to go through all that polava and in a position not to have to do so.

Having bought a home here we can travel to the UK and stay for 6 months with a normal visitors visa, not that I would ever want to stay in the UK that long.

Willy

I
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2011, 06:30:38 am »

...... not that I would ever want to stay in the UK that long.

Willy

I

Unless your coming to see me.... ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Clayton

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2011, 06:41:37 am »
My wife lives in Shenzhen and is currently waiting for that dreaded phone call from the consulate in Guangzhou for an interview,this is our second attempt at a visa for her so we're both pretty nervous. She tells me she is treated like a criminal at the Australian consulate and does not like them at all , i have had to reassure her that it is not like that in Australia. She says the consulate in Shanghai is much friendlier and easier to get along with so i was wondering if anyone El's has heard of this. It is my opinion that all consulates should have the same guidelines to work by. And by the way do we get a choice as to witch consulate we use?
This is the way to go

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2011, 05:45:50 pm »
Clayton

It is interesting to read your comments about the Australian Consulates in Guangzhou/Shanghai.

I have needed to visit both of them for various bits of paper/Information during the 309 visa process for my wife.

My comments would be......

Guangzhou...a really nice bunch of friendly, courteous and helpful people...it was a pleasure to go in there...totally impressed.
Shanghai...a bunch of disinterested, arrogant, un-helpful pigs and I had some serious arguements with the incompetants who run the place....in fact I wrote to the Aus Immigration Minister and the Consul General to complain about them !!!

Strange contrast with your Lady's experience !!!

...and no, you dont get a choice which Consulate to use, each Consulate deals with a specific City in Aus.

Offline Clayton

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2011, 07:26:13 pm »
Thanks David E
That's really intersting,I guess different people have a different chemistry with different people if you get what i mean.
My wife Yan is a real people person ,she makes friends with everyone she comes in contact with so i don't understand just what is going on there.
Fingers crossed that her case officer is having a good day  for the day of the interview.
Cheers

PS I hope things are goin good for you and your lovely, how does she like Perth?
This is the way to go

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »

PS I hope things are goin good for you and your lovely, how does she like Perth?

She hates it Clayton, she wants to come to Scotland with me...hehehe ;D ;D  Sorry David, I thought you knew :o ??? ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Clayton

« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2011, 01:58:44 am »
Man, thems is fightin words lol
This is the way to go

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2011, 03:34:45 pm »
Really interesting to read your wifes experience with the Gaungzhou Consulate, we only had dealings with them and whilst we probably only went there no more than 3 times each time they were helpful and professional.  But then again we may have lucked in or you may have got someone on a bad day.

Good luck with the phone interview, make sure she has a copy of all expected and obvious questions and answers ready to go so she does not become overwellmed by the whole process and can answer questions quickly and confidently.  Might be a case of emailing a word document with all answers on it to her, she can then cut and paste in Chinese words/characters to make reading easier and then if she does not have a printer there are a million and one ways to print out the document in China.  Then all will be ready to go when ever they call her.  Just a suggestion.

It makes me sad when I read about guy and girls who put their heart and soul nnto all of this adventure and then get a denial over a trival thing or forgetting a piece of infomation that any other day they could tell you off the top of their head but giving the pressure of the situation the answer is not forthcoming and they get denied on th visa.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline shaun

« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2011, 06:52:34 pm »
It makes me sad when I read about guy and girls who put their heart and soul nnto all of this adventure and then get a denial over a trival thing or forgetting a piece of infomation that any other day they could tell you off the top of their head but giving the pressure of the situation the answer is not forthcoming and they get denied on th visa.

Amen to that Jason.  I think they do it because it helps their reputation.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:56:30 pm by shaun »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2011, 07:27:28 pm »
Clayton

Ming is captivated by Perth...loves it already. Her biggest comments...the air quality, the rain which is clean , not muddy, the food...Man !! can she eat food, just loves anything Western I put in front of her. She has only had one "Chinese" meal since she arrived...and I cooked that !!!!!

The wide open spaces, single storey buildings are very strange to her...and the fact that most folk have a lawn and garden is always a source of great interest.

On the other subject of Consular performance and Consular Interviews. I have read (with Ming's Translation help) many, many cases of other people going through the Spouse/Fiance saga. The website she uses is very popular in China for girls to share their experiences. I am truly amazed at how little preparation that most of these people go through, and also how many just stick out as obvious frauds.

I do have a little (only a little) sympathy for Consulate Case Officers who must wade through this crap day after day. It is not surprising that the few "genuine" applicants get chucked in with the other lot !!!!

As my Lawyer told me....this first verbal Interview carries a huge weight in the whole process, because Case Officers are primed to believe all applicants are cheats. If your Partner stumbles or hesitates over this initial questioning, then the odds get stacked against you.

That is why I have posted many, many times about the vital importance of getting it right first time.......yes, it is tedious and time consuming to do all this preparation, but for prospective Partners it is a MUST to get the documentation spot-on and to make sure that all the interview questions can be answered calmy, accurately and without hesitation.

Cheers...David

ps....Robbie....You Haggis Bashers couldn't handle a Tiger Lady like Ming...she would likely eat you for breakfast and spit out the Sporran  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2011, 07:50:30 pm »
David,  Do you have a link to that webpage you spoke about and to the example questions?
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2011, 07:51:36 pm »

ps....Robbie....You Haggis Bashers couldn't handle a Tiger Lady like Ming...she would likely eat you for breakfast and spit out the Sporran  ;D ;D ;D

As Cayton said  ......"Thems fighting words" ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, its good to now that people can take a bit of good humoured banter without getting all hot and bothered under the collar... :)

Arnold

« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2011, 12:07:49 am »
Clayton

She has only had one "Chinese" meal since she arrived...and I cooked that !!!!!

Now .. now David , you opened yourself up for that one ! " I cooked that " .. now is this why Ming only had " ONE " chinese Meal ?  :o Here I thought you were a "Good " Cook  :-\