Author Topic: End of the road  (Read 179477 times)

Arnold

Re: End of the road
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2011, 01:53:50 pm »
As for me , thinking about Qing becoming westernized .. was kind of scary at first . As I of course did not favour such thought , but now see .. all this was for the Birds . She'll always be my tall Chinese Lady that I fell in Love with , she's only learning HOW to live Life OUR way and that is never going to change her Character/Personality . It's like , I've never changed my German way and I'm here over forty years already .
That might though .. be not the case with an Younger Woman , that is learning these way's already in their Country .. before coming to the western hemisphere .

Offline shaun

« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2011, 04:53:44 pm »
I don't plan to change anything.  If she wants try and be more westernized it will be OK with me.  She is already set in her ways.  We'll just see where life takes us.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2011, 07:02:06 pm »
AaaaH Willy....throwing l live hand-grenades again ????? ;D ;D

I dont know how to reply to your provocative post........

But, You know as well as all of us that it would be morally and ethically wrong to force any changes on our Lovelies in a quest to "Westernise" them.

So I am sure it is a trick question  ;D ;D

My answer.....It is my responsibility to expose Ming to all the different aspects of life in Australia..our customs, traditions, food, behaviours and such.

Some of them she will want to adopt, if she finds them more acceptable than her usual way.

Some of them she wont want to adopt because they represent too much of a clash with her own traditions, customs, background etc.

One thing is quite certain.....she will never be an Australian, she will always be a Chinese person, living to the best of her ability , in Australia...and I will support her in this whatever balance she finds. To think that I have the faintest chance of enforcing any level of "Westernisation" upon her is pure fantasy.  I have not that right..or need...and I sure would not wish her to become some sort of a clone of some of the Women that claim to be Australian...I love her just the way she is, but I know there will be many subtle changes happening over time as she gradually assimilates into our life together in this new Country.

I think the more presing issue is the subtle ways she brings many of her own ways to our life together...and maybe she will be quietly working away to "Chinesefy" me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I wouldnt be surprised at that. She is as determined and as tough as most Chinese Women are !!

Offline shaun

« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »
So I take it David that the lady's unmentionables drying in the bathroom are quite fine with you.  ;D

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2011, 08:19:48 pm »
Willy I have already been in contact with the Chinese/American society here where I live, so Ping can make some friends. Decorated the place until it resembles a Chinese restaurant and moved the toilet into the shower. Hoping that we can someday sell everything here and move back to China . Hopefully she will have dual citizenship by then.
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2011, 09:46:59 pm »
Xia can do what ever she likes.  When the baby comes things may change a little as she will have to learn about Australian schooling etc.  Also a chance for me to learn more Chinese she teach the baby and I learn from that.

James you are aware that China does not recognise dual citizenship.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2011, 11:14:58 pm »
James you are aware that China does not recognise dual citizenship.

:o No Jason I wasn't aware of this-Not even just Ping having dual citizenship? :o Her parents gave us a house as a wedding present in Nanning and it is in our names in Pings family "history book".  Do you or anyone know if American citizens can own property in China?  I myself would like to retire to China one day. Sell everything here and move there with a couple million Yuan in our pockets ....we could buy a lot of noodles....if the dollar doesn't keep falling ;D

Also like to wish you and Xia a belated congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!!
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline maxx

« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2011, 12:44:02 am »
James no foreigners can't own property in China.What ever property you were given or whatever you buy will have to be in your wife's name.China Doesn't recognise duel citizenship.

When your wife arrives in the states you will have to adjust your wife's status.Depending on what visa you applied for.is how long you have to adjust your wife's status.The time frame on each visa is different.I applied for a fiancee visa for my wife.So after we were married in the states.I had like 30 days.To apply to adjust my wife's status.Arnold applied for the married visa.After Qing arrived in the United states.Arnold had up to a year to adjust Qing's status.

When you adjust your wife's status.Your wife will receive a green card.With a fiancee visa it is a temporay greencard that is good for 2 years.Then you have to apply for the permanent greencard which is valid for 10 years.With a wife visa when you adjust your wife's status it comes with a permanent greencard.Which is valid for 10 years.After 10 years.You will have to apply for another permanent greencard.There is no law on the books.That says your wife has to become a U.S. citizen.

As long as you and your wife keep the greencard valid.She can travel anywhere in the world you can.The only thing you have to remember is when you buy airplane tickets for international destinations.Make sure the name on your wife passport matches.The airplane ticket exactly.China may not acknowledge duel citizenship.But the U.S. does so use it to your advantage.

When you travel back to china to live or visit your wife can use her passport.You will still need a visa to go to China.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2011, 12:59:27 am »
Hahaha Shaun...

I dare not admit it, but our second bathroom is now permanently festooned with drying underwear...including mine !!!!

Ming adamantly refuses to dry undies and personals outside...I gave up worrying about this in week 2.....

It is not life threatening, and really is only mildly perplexing....but not worth getting riled up about.

Of equal perplexity is the heap of shoes/slippers/thongs just inside the front door. I know it is common in every Chinese household, but very rare in Aus. We dont have this dread phobia that naked feet must never touch the ground, in fact as I walk around the house and garden with bare feet there is always a worried look on her face that I will catch some dreadful disease.

Even our visitors are now getting to the habit of leaving their shoes at the front door and donning slippers....when in Rome, do as the Chinese do... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2011, 12:59:47 am »
As I understand it there are one or two places where a foreigner can own property in China. I think Guangzhou is one of them.  But not 100% sure.

Our home is in my wifes name.  It is in her name but that is no problem for me.  The cost of the property is a small price to pay for the love I have received already.  However we have been to a legal eagle and we have signed papers to the fact that I have right to live their for rest of my life.  In the remote possibility that my wife passes away before me then I have the right to continue living here for my remaining days.  I have no children so my wifes children will take over the property upon my demise. That is unless I live for another 60 years or more and the government take it away.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2011, 01:37:40 pm »
Willy, Here is to hoping you have the issue of the government taking your property in 60 years.  Just think of the records you will set.

David I am looking forward to having some of the same issues.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2011, 02:55:19 am »
I just got back to the USA and I miss those lovely eyes already. But I am going to fill my time trying to close on my new house, go see mom on her birthday and spend thanksiving with my kids.

Fiona thinks I have left her to fight the embassy all alone and find her way to America by herself. I didn't tell her I booked a return trip ticket. I am saving that surprise until after she gets approval and her interview is scheduled.

Meanwhile......
Feed Your Addiction

http://youtu.be/aA3f5j8g4i0
http://youtu.be/EOWrdo1kVYw

Sorry, for you guys in China without access to utube go to funshion and search for girls generation 2011.
find this link 2011少女时代日本演唱会 in the drop down menu and you will get the full 2011 Asian tour.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:05:44 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

• Board Moderator
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2011, 08:55:50 am »
Just an update of property now. The Chinese Goverment has imposed a spec ial order on Zhuhai to prevent house prices spiralling above the 15,000 rmb a sq m.

They have imposed a maximu selling price of 11,500 per sq m. Any one goning over that rate will not be given a certificate to sell a property.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2011, 12:24:49 pm »
I read a few reports about real estate housing markets. The central govenrment it trying several controls to try to keep house prices less than 15,000 yuan/sqmeter. It doesnt seem to be working in Guangzhou.

Guangzhou is tried to get prices lower in 2010 and it was reported to be working but this year the prices are back up near the 15,00 yuan/sqmeter range. Its been a crazy market in GZ. Fiona DOUBLED her money in seven years when she sold last year.

full articles.
http://www.china.org.cn/video/2010-05/25/content_20109997.htm
http://www.neeeet.com/En/NewsDetails.aspx?id=265

Dont know how much to trust the second article. It is written by a real estate company, not a journalist.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

• Board Moderator
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2011, 09:41:20 pm »
The Government here is concerned that the housing bubble will burst as it has in the USA and the UK so they are bringing in more and more restrictions.

Problem is that nowadays people think of their homes as an investment and not what is is - A HOME.

Still they may be worth a lot more when the government takes then back at the end of the tenure.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner