Author Topic: End of the road  (Read 179398 times)

Arnold

Re: End of the road
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »

Problem is that nowadays people think of their homes as an investment and not what is is - A HOME.

Exactly Willy !!! I have seen close Friends ( one has build his own House ) just because they now owe more than the House is Worth , they just left it and I bet they now Rent at not much less of a Monthly payment . I really don't know what was in their Mind to do this . I can see if you have two-three Houses , but the one you LIVE in ?

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2011, 05:55:42 am »
GOOD for you Gerry, A nice surprise is all everyone needs, I hope Fiona is very elated to see your return, As for those beautiful eyes, I hope to look deep in to the eyes of my  beautiful Chinese wife again on December 22.  John.

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »
Thanks Maxx Very useful information (knowledge is Power) ;D Just finishing up with the NVC and moving on to the interview process.... hoping for the beginning of the year. She will be getting a spouse Visa if the interview goes well :o can't help to get a queasy stomach thinking about it, but  she is armed with 4 big binders of pictures- e-mails-phone records -receipts ect ect ect - My sweet LaoPuo is nervous about answering questions of a most personal nature. I told her just to say "all night long" and "best ever" in other words.......lie lie lie ;D
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2011, 12:08:51 am »
he he , good answers, My wife was not asked any personal questions in our interview, just mainly questions about my family members ages and my general information , The interview went very well and now nearly two months later we are getting closer to a decision, I received  and email from our immigration lawyer a week ago saying that my wife's application was under consideration at this moment, A few sleepless nights have followed, I have never been so nervous in my life until now, Waiting, waiting, waiting, John .

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2011, 03:35:26 am »
I don't think anyone has to worry about being asked questions of a very  personal nature. That would not permitted in most countries.  If they did you would have a case against that person under some statutue or other and get them classified as a pervert. In the UK they would end up on the sex offenders register so it is a definate no go area.

In all my years I have never heard of anyone being asked about what happens after dark, under sheets or whatever you like to call it.

I await with interest as to if any person has first hand knowledge that this was not the case.

The nearest my friend got to a bedroom question was 'what is the colour of the bedroom walls' and 'where is the alarm clock situated' This was in response to the application for permanent residency of UK two years after marriage.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2011, 08:24:07 am »
In all my years I have never heard of anyone being asked about what happens after dark, under sheets or whatever you like to call it.

I await with interest as to if any person has first hand knowledge that this was not the case.

Willy

I haven't heard as well any of this questions when the spouse is applying from overseas. But if the applicant is already living in our country on another type of visa, and then applies for permanent because of marriage in country, then personal questions will be asked. They usually interview both parties separately. If answers such as how often they do the horizontal tango every month do not agree, then the application will be viewed as bogus.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

• Board Moderator
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2011, 08:58:27 am »

Willy

I haven't heard as well any of this questions when the spouse is applying from overseas. But if the applicant is already living in our country on another type of visa, and then applies for permanent because of marriage in country, then personal questions will be asked. They usually interview both parties separately. If answers such as how often they do the horizontal tango every month do not agree, then the application will be viewed as bogus.

But Do you know that as fact or heresay Ron. I would not want couples to be practising the translations for things that will never be asked.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2011, 05:18:26 pm »
For Aus in particular, it is expressley written in the Immigration Charter and Procedures that it is against our Law to ask any questions reference personal sexual matters.

They can sort of skirt around this subject by asking if you stayed in the same room whem visiting your G/F. fiance or Wife when you visited...but they can go no further than this.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2011, 08:01:53 pm »

But Do you know that as fact or heresay Ron. I would not want couples to be practising the translations for things that will never be asked.

Willy
------------------------------------------
bowere

Online Status: Offline
Post Options
    Quote  Reply Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 5:17pm
wow. my husband told me that the lady who interviewed him was the devil! he showed her a picture of us together swimming with 2 of his guy friends along. she asked him who were the 2 fellows and if he was gay!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP 2 Processing Members of the Family Class

2006-11-14 45
Officers may need to closely examine evidence that a marriage took place. Photographs or other
documents used as evidence of a marriage can be altered. Marriage certificates and other
documents may be fraudulent.
In some instances, home visits may be used to establish cohabitation in the case of a marriage or
common-law relationship.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard that they will check the bedroom & washroom and look to see if articles of clothing (ex; Pajama, underwear) and toiletries of both parties are present.

An owner of a video store from India I know, has a relative that supposedly married and when asked how many times a month they were intimate, he said once a month and his supposed wife said 2 times a week.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:07:41 pm by Rhonald »

Vince G

« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2011, 10:11:25 pm »
"check the bedroom & washroom and look to see if articles of clothing (ex; Pajama, underwear)"

Ahhhhh!!!  Not without a warrant they can't (in the US). They can only look at what is in plain site. 

• Board Moderator
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2011, 11:48:25 pm »
Very nice Rhonald but heresay.

One says " My husband told me" heresay not in the hearing of the writer!

'I have heard that they will check the bedroom" heresay heard by another and passed on.

"The ownerof a video store I know" heresay not heard directly by the writer.

What I was looking for is people amongst the 400 here on this forum whom themselves had been asked Intimate questions.

It maybe that Canada has different laws to everyone else. But has anyone actually ever had a HOME visit after submitting the paperwork?

I think you guys trying to get your ladys home have enough paperwork and worries without adding to them things that are heresay and without foundation.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2011, 12:17:34 am »
Ha , looks like the Indian husband was missing out , so where was she going ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2011, 12:33:45 am »
Willy

You are right (as usual) it is very scary to present potential applicants with fears about intimate questions that will never be asked.

As a FACT, the only questions that Ming was asked by her Case Officer that just barely touched on this subject was "did you stay in the same hotel room together when David visited you in China"...and that was all .

• Board Moderator
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2011, 04:03:07 am »
I read the official transcript that was written by hand by the interviewer when my friend and his wife had to go to Sheffield in UK for an interview.  The interviewer interviewed them both seperate and asked them both the same questions and wrote down both the question and their answers.  I had a copy of these somewhere.

They asked when and where was their first date. The colour of the bedroom walls was one another was where was the alarm clock. How did they Pay for electricty. And what day did the dustins (garbage cans) get emptied.

They travelled a round trip of about 400 miles for that! She received leave to remain after her two years and nowshe has a UK Passport. The reason for the interview was because of age differences.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2011, 08:46:01 am »
Very nice Rhonald but heresay.

One says " My husband told me" heresay not in the hearing of the writer!

'I have heard that they will check the bedroom" heresay heard by another and passed on.

"The ownerof a video store I know" heresay not heard directly by the writer.

What I was looking for is people amongst the 400 here on this forum whom themselves had been asked Intimate questions.

Of course I was not present during the interview so I do not have direct proof. The part of the home visit is not from any person but the official Canada document for Visa officers to use. the part ," In some instances, home visits may be used to establish cohabitation in the case of a marriage or
common-law relationship.
" makes me ask you, what purpose would the visit make if they did not look around the house for evidence? Of course it makes sense that this could only be done with applicants that currently live together in Canada and not abroad.

Now the woman bowere is from another Canada immigration blog site I follow and I have read other peoples response that had personnel questions revelled but hers was the first I found. But since they are not members of this site, I just finished asking my wife.

Rhonald  6:32:01 AM
in interview last year
Rhonald  6:32:15 AM
visa officer ask any personal questions?
Zoey  6:34:17 AM
same for us questions
Rhonald  6:34:37 AM
I mean any questions on how many times make love?
Zoey  6:35:56 AM
visa officer ask you and me
Rhonald  6:36:07 AM
you and me what?
Zoey  6:36:26 AM
what time  make love
Rhonald  6:36:42 AM
when first sleep together?
Zoey  6:36:47 AM
evryday make love too many time
Rhonald  6:36:57 AM
ask how often make love?
Zoey  6:37:00 AM
you what said
Rhonald  6:37:10 AM
never ask me question
Rhonald  6:37:20 AM
You remember Willy
Zoey  6:37:26 AM
yes
Rhonald  6:37:38 AM
he say England visa officer no can ask that kind of question
Rhonald  6:37:46 AM
I say Canada visa officer can
Rhonald  6:37:51 AM
he no believe me
Rhonald  6:38:08 AM
so I want know if visa officer ask you
Rhonald  6:39:26 AM
so what was visa officer question
Zoey  6:39:39 AM
do;t interview so dolt worry
Rhonald  6:40:13 AM
you no understand: did visa officer ask question on us make love?
Zoey  6:40:43 AM
veryday 3- 4 times make love
Rhonald  6:41:07 AM
he ask you and your answer this: veryday 3- 4 times make love ?
Zoey  6:41:17 AM
yes
Zoey  6:41:25 AM
somtime
Zoey  6:41:44 AM
sometime too many time somtime 1 time
Rhonald  6:41:58 AM
that was your answer to visa officer?
Zoey  6:42:11 AM
yes
Zoey  6:42:33 AM
no
Rhonald  6:42:42 AM
what no
Zoey  6:42:55 AM
said rmemeber ,said too many times
Rhonald  6:43:24 AM
oh you mean that was your answer: said too many times

Zoey  6:43:41 AM
yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I wasn't in the room when they asked her the question, and it would have been in Chinese anyways so I still do not have first hand knowledge. I am trying to remember that after the interview if I did ask her if any personnel questions was asked. I think I remember also asking then, and that she did say the question on how often love making was done was asked of her.

Willy

You are right (as usual) it is very scary to present potential applicants with fears about intimate questions that will never be asked.

I say David that before saying Willy is right and I Ron, I would say it is better to be slightly paranoid and be better prepared. So please David, do not Condemn (this Boy Scout) for having a Condom ready incase he passes first base.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:13:26 am by Rhonald »