Author Topic: End of the road  (Read 179337 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: End of the road
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2011, 08:58:02 am »
Well that has to be in Canada. No where else would they get away with it.

Mind you someone just sent me a PM and said that he and his wife just had a row.  He said he just told her that he was a fool when they married.

She replied "I knew that but I was in love'

So its one up to Canada at the moment. Looking forward to hearing from some other Canadians on their experiences.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2011, 09:00:19 am »
I am on QQ right now Willy, by the way top of the morning to you,  and on the web cam I saw her blush when I typed in the question. We can see each other and she can hear me, but I do not get audio from her side. But then cutting and pasting her response works better for me to show our discussion.

I must admit it is difficult to find reputable proof while searching for more evidence. I guess I can always phone our own government immigration help line and get an official (but bureaucratic) response to their stance on what are acceptable questions.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:57:50 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2011, 04:43:27 pm »
Ron

My coment was not meant as a criticism, because I obviously cannot spek for what is the appropriate line of questions for the Canadian (or any other) Immigration Rules. I can only speak with some certainty about how these things are dealt with under the Aussie protocols.
...and Aussie Human Rights issues

If your Canadian Interviewers feel free to ask such intimate questions then:

* It must be allowable under your regulations
* It is not allowable but they do it anyway...and who is gonna complain ??????

Either which way it is an appalling state of affairs that any woman/couple should need to discuss such stuff with total strangers...whatever the circumstances and I am sure any half-decent Human Rights Lawyer would have a ball with prosecuting such an offence....but again, who is going to go down that track...nobody, so apparently there is no options but to suck it up (sic !!)

So keep the condoms close.....my comments were not a condescending condescention, commensurate with my own connotation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2011, 09:29:38 pm »
Ron

My coment was not meant as a criticism, because I obviously cannot spek for what is the appropriate line of questions for the Canadian (or any other) Immigration Rules.

I never took it as criticism as both you and Willy could only make asumptions based on your own experiences. If when I search I can find lists of possible questions the immigration officer might ask, and never do they seem to be that intimate of a question. But I believe your second bullet is most likely closer to the truth. So even if I phone our CIC call center, the stated policy might not match reality. So the world might be flat and Galileo just an odd ball.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2011, 10:14:10 pm »
I will be sure to discuss the possibility with Fiona before her interview.. I don't think they will ask any questions about intimacy but if they do I hope the intiviewer is of the same sex. Otherwise I wish I could be there to take his photo.  Fiona loves a good practical joke.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

• Board Moderator
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2011, 11:24:04 pm »

If your Canadian Interviewers feel free to ask such intimate questions then:

This is my point exactly David.  Do they have an express written regulation or is it just some pervert who wants to get off by asking a vunerable lady such personal questions?   The lady may well try to answer even though she finds it embarrassing. Do we know if official notes are made of this line of questioning?  At least with the UK they have to write down each question and answer given and you sign the paper after the interview and you have read through it.  Does this happen elsewhere?

Maybe this should be a thread in its own right so it can be found more easily by future members.

Willy

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2011, 11:38:49 pm »
In our interview, after I was allowed back in the interview chamber, he did type into the computer each time I responded to his question. At the end there was no paper that we read or signed. He said that he had enough evidence to think we had a genuine relationship, and he gave back all our supporting documents (ie: pictures, letters, moneytransfer statements, nicked knickers.....oops I mean legal briefs  ::)).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:40:41 pm by Rhonald »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2011, 04:42:57 pm »
I think the real problem is that we are a highly vulnerable group when contemplating such matters as possible inappropriate behaviour from Immigration Case Officers discussing the validity of our various relationships.

After all, we are terrified that if we upset them in any way, we can get rejected or put back to the bottom of the pile.

I know in Aus we have a clearly defined appeals mechanism to challenge their findings, and this would include such "sexual, forbidden lines of questioning"

Trouble is, the appeals process takes Centuries and again we would tend to keep shtum and let the due proces happen so that we can be together with our wife/fiance.

We are not concerned with Civil Liberies, Public Sector Standards or Illegal questions, but I dont have any serious doubts that if we could prove such stuff, then we would win hands down....but probably take years to go through the various Boards, Commissions and whatever. So the safe option is choke on it and let due process happen.

This of course is wrong, but until somebody makes a stand, they will feel free to keep getting away with it....and most people are too scared to make this stand...(me included !!)

I have some evidence that there is a level of illegal questions being used by Aus Immigration (maybe at the whim of specific Case Officers....certainly not Official Policy)...but the 2 couples in question were dead set on leaving it alone, they did not want to take the risk of upsetting the bas***ds.

As usual, we are the ones that get screwed, we have very little recourse against such behaviour. If, for instance, your wife/fiance took a tape recorder to her interview with a view to obtaining a full record of all questions, how far would the application go ???...straight into the bin at worst, or down to the absolute bottom of the pile at best.

I dont have any sensible solution for this potential problem...sorry

To specifically answer your question Willy....there is a written Charter forbidding them to ask questions of a specific sexual nature. There is a Law of the Land ref. Civil Liberties and Freedom of Information that overrides the Immigration Department. We NEVER get a written transcript of interview....this may be provided at an appeal process, so somehwere, they take notes, but how accurate and complete is not known, and without a written record on the day given to all parties, how can they ever get caught !!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:51:33 pm by David E »

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2011, 07:14:07 pm »
Too bad recorderrs are not allowed. It's a perfect way for keeping everyone in line and following procedures.

Should they be allowed? Why not?
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline shaun

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2011, 07:29:09 pm »
David you have just explained my dilemma.  I know the the interviewer at the American Consulate  made comments there were lies designed to get Peggy to fall apart and fall apart she did.  Once she gained her composure it was too late.  They lied to her.  The consulate has pulled every trick in the book to keep information from me.  I know they have transcripts of the conversation.  It would be the US Government if they didn't.

I won't go across all of the facts again; many of you already know them.  Peggy was turned down May the 4th and on the 17th they said I would have to wait 120 days before they would reopen the case here in the US to see if there was something done wrong.  That has increased to 180 days now which would be December 17th.  If they find something done incorrectly do you know what they do with it?  They send it right back to Guangzhou and do it over again.  What do you think they are going to do?  Admit they did something wrong?  Hardly.

I asked my weenie Congressman to request the documents through the freedom of information act.  Their reply?  No, not while it is under investigation.  Then we will have to file with the department of state.  That could take years.  The weenie congressman sent 3 letters and got 3 different rejections.  I contacted my Senator's office.  They don't want to get involved until the weenie congressman give up.  He has but he hasn't.

So here I sit between an angry Chinese fiance and Obama.  One wants to hit me over the head and the other wants me to bend over and take it like a man.  :o

There is more I could say but what is the point.

So David I see the others reluctance to stir the pudding.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2011, 07:57:35 pm »

So here I sit between an angry Chinese fiance and Obama.  One wants to hit me over the head and the other wants me to bend over and take it like a man.  :o

shaun you know me, i had to say something about tis comment please accept my apologies...just WHO want to do WHAT to you, please clarify ;D ;D ;D :o
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline shaun

« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2011, 08:28:16 pm »
Robbie.  Either way I'm on the losing end.
 >:( :o :'(

Besides Rob, if I need to explain this to you at your age then I need to send the president to your house.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:10:04 am by shaun »

Arnold

« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2011, 10:24:17 pm »
Just reminded me , of the old saying " Make Love .. Not War " ! I think our Government might have that confused , if your ready to fight .. they'll hand you the Paperwork right away .. even help filling them out . Sucks big time !!!
What was that saying ... " We are only Pawns in the Game of Life " ohhh Blazing Saddle's " Mungo " . This is how the Gov./Immigration People look at us . They always keep us in " Check " willing or not .
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:59:13 pm by Arnold »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #223 on: November 07, 2011, 10:38:00 pm »
I think to all governements are the same.

To them relationships such as ours are easy meat. Just look for the slightest loophole and theres another notch on their butt. What is even worse is that the need so little to issue a denial.

Same as insurance - why try to dispute a half million claim that needs a lot of work on it when you can more easily get rid of 10 x 100,000 claims through minor loopholes found in the claim form with less effort.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2011, 06:19:42 am »
Shaun

I cant really add much to this issue, except to share your angst and hope fervently that it all works out for you and Peggy eventually.

Wouldn't you think that if you really had a "fake" relationship, then after your first rejection you would give the whole thing away and take up creative Macrame or something !

But the fact that despite this rejection you keep on going and are still together surely it MUST tell these drongos that you are both serious ?

Or is that simple logic too much for the Beaurocratic lightweights !!

Best of luck...hang in there