Author Topic: A gift for your girl.  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
A gift for your girl.
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:36:02 am »
Well At least up here in Harbin it is that time of year again. It is snowing outside and very cold. No snow inside but still cold. And soon the ice will start. But no heat yet a couple more weeks before the heat gets turned on. And in very many areas the heat that many of these people have is poor at best.

So if you want to buy your girl a gift she will just love , A heater, or Electric Blanket. That kind of stuff they will love you for it. and they probably need it.
Now if your Girl is down around Sanya don't bother it's like Hawaii down there. 
I bought my wife one last year, I had forgotten but I am sure glad she didn't she got it out last night. And man it was hard to get out from under it this morning.
And it will be getting cold everywhere soon. but from Shenyang north its pretty cold already.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: A gift for your girl.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 04:54:35 am »
Very Nice idea Jimmy.  They will probably try to see how warm it gets looking at it in its box as not many will actually plug one in and  'waste' money on power when an extra overcoat or two will do just as well!

Mine was packed away three times and reopened again by me twice before February was out!

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jimmy

• Jim N Libo
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 05:22:03 am »
I know what you mean. My wife has already tried to get me to unplug the fridge. She says it is cold enough we can just leave the food out and it will stay cold.
Which is what we did last January before we got it. We would keep it out in the balcony it was very cold out there. The problem we had then sometimes things would freeze solid and we didn't want them that cold.
Jimmy Henson

ttw

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 07:54:03 am »
Well Jimmy look at the bright side, at least she is not keeping you out on the balcony ::)

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:02:57 am »
I suppose when the left-over roast goes on the balcony, he's going to be getting the cold shoulder for the next few days :D

Offline ron

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 11:03:27 am »
I know what you mean. My wife has already tried to get me to unplug the fridge. She says it is cold enough we can just leave the food out and it will stay cold.
Which is what we did last January before we got it. We would keep it out in the balcony it was very cold out there. The problem we had then sometimes things would freeze solid and we didn't want them that cold.

Offline ron

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 11:06:04 am »
jimmy let her know that once the fridge reaches temp it shuts itself off if you unplug it it will have to reach temp again and use more elrctricity i do air conditioning thats why I am telling you this.

Offline Jimmy

• Jim N Libo
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 12:33:17 pm »
jimmy let her know that once the fridge reaches temp it shuts itself off if you unplug it it will have to reach temp again and use more electricity i do air conditioning thats why I am telling you this.

Ron to a Chinese woman if it is plugged in the wall. It is using valuable electricity. And you will not convince them different. 
Jimmy Henson

Offline ron

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 12:59:29 pm »
Yes your right from what I have read even the blankets plugged in they know it uses electricity.They are very thrifty indeed which is a very good thing they are not wasteful.I wish my exwife would have been half that thrifty .          Ron

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 03:54:16 pm »
It's funny bringing up the " Electric Blanket " . Yesterday , we went shopping for a nice and heavy Comforter for our Bed . I did mention the Blanket , but " This is too dangerous and no good . Alright , I never like them anyway myself . If she did , it would be another thing then . About the Central Air , that's also funny , it can be 115 degree's outside , but my sweetheart will have only Windows open . But when I get Home , " You want the Air on " ? As to , are you too Hot .. you need to be comfortable after hard work . How sweet is this ? As this is quite a change from the first marriage , where it almost ran day and night and drained my Wallet .
A nice Coat/Jacket for the Lady will be more appreciated , if it's comes without an Cord for the Wall . haha

Paul Todd

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 09:53:28 pm »
Jimmy "But no heat yet a couple more weeks before the heat gets turned on."  Getting a little chilly here in Baoding now too. It's the 14 November when our heating is turned on how about you? Is this some sort of national heat up the people day :D

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 11:53:46 pm »
Cold what Cold?  Here in Zhongshan I still like to get in bed with the AC going. But that is providing she has not hidden the remote from me!!!  OR has removed the battery to save power. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jimmy

• Jim N Libo
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 12:48:25 am »
Jimmy "But no heat yet a couple more weeks before the heat gets turned on."  Getting a little chilly here in Baoding now too. It's the 14 November when our heating is turned on how about you? Is this some sort of national heat up the people day :D

My wife had told me 2 weeks. But it came on today. It's not all that great but it knocks the chill off pretty good.
Jimmy Henson