Author Topic: Police report for visa application - how long?  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Police report for visa application - how long?
« on: October 17, 2010, 06:49:43 pm »
Apparently the Chinese instructions on the Irish consulate website say applicants for a visa to join their spouse must include a police report (though it doesn't say that on the English version for some reason).
Obviously we are not taking any chances, as any visa refusal seems to open a can of worms when reapplying  so we want to get it right first time and will include this.

Anyone got one of these before in China and any idea how long it takes? For that matter will the local police do it or does she have to go to the place in her Hokou?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

Re: Police report for visa application - how long?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:57:43 pm »
Sunny needs to go to her hokou.The police report usually takes a couple of days.As far as the U.S goes.The police report is only valid for six months.If Ireland immigration is going to take longer then 6 months..And thiere is going to be a interview.Like what the United States and Canada do.she will probably  need a new one.For the interview.also Yes it is a good idea to have all paperwork that is submitted to Immagration.To be translated into English.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:59:35 pm by maxx »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:03:50 pm »
The visa application should take about a month they told her when she rang last week.
I hadn't considered the English translation part , thanks Maxx.
I already asked them about an English translation for the red books and they were fine with her doing it, but the police report, I better call them about that one.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 07:31:05 pm »
Zhifang got her police report in a couple days. In Canadian immigration, the police report is good for six months.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:05:49 pm by Martin »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:44:01 pm »
Can she just go to her local police station, present her ID card and ask for a report?
Her Hokou town is a long way from where she lives now and it will be a rather big inconvenience to travel back there.

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 08:02:40 pm »
Irish check with your local immigration office see what they require.In the U.S. the police report must be.From the town that your lady is registered in.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:24:00 pm »
I'll call them in the morning, thanks guys.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 02:17:07 am »
My wife went to the police station just like the others. And they wrote it up and gave it to her while she waited only a few minutes. So as with most things in China. It may depend where you are at and how happy they are that day. The second one she needed her brother in law the cop sent it to her in the mail.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 05:10:50 am »
A bit off topic and off-seriously :P I wonder what the AUSSIE immigration look for in one of those reports? Seeing as how they are descended from a bunch of bad boys from England, do they want proof of a criminal past before permitting entry? Just to keep up the criminal/deportee air of the country? :P

more seriously, if there are questions raised on a matter that is not clear via a consulate website, I would get something firmly in writing to clarify things, from a consulate staffer...

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 12:16:40 am »
I also want to add , if your Lady has been out of the Country ( China ) for more than a Year .. she also will need a Police Report from that Country .
But , yes .. but only if you tell them of this . Qing was in Tokyo close to four years , but our Lawyer told us NOT to mention it to US Immigrations .
What they don't know wont worry them , as this is only between the US and China . To add one more thing , this Japanese Report would have taken anywhere from two to four months to get . This can cause quite some trouble , as in our case .. when we received the Interview date .. that was also the time they ask for the Report . As you can see , having only about one months time for the Interview .. this can throw a stone into your Plans .

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 01:44:02 am »
Do they have rewards for this type of information :o 8) ??? Arnold