Author Topic: my love story  (Read 111191 times)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: my love story
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 09:28:44 pm »
Congrats John , we are glad that you have arrived safely , that hotel sounds great , and yes we wish you and MinYing a lovely Christmas together and a terrific meeting with the family , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Arnold

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 11:04:25 pm »
I just love stories of the Chinese Kind !!! John , your one more .. that found a great Woman .. but I still found the MOST wonderful one and she is with me . ;D

Please don't forget some Photo's if you can and have time . haha

Offline shaun

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 11:07:33 pm »
OK John I am ready to hock everything I own so that I can go see my Peggy.  dang I miss her.

Great story and keep it coming our direction.  Like Arnold said (More pictures!)

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 11:11:00 pm »
congrats mate, you sound like you are kicking a few goals so far.  I can completely understand the clean shaven thing.  But I would shave with a broken beer bottle dipped in cat wee if it meant that I spent every minute of every hour for the rest of my life with the one and only truly beautiful angel in China, we can all say this about our lao po and we are all correct.  (wish she was in Australia though).

Yes do not forget the photos and keep us updated on your trip.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

JOHN1964

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 09:41:21 am »
Hello again ladys and gents, My story so far,
MinYing has not let me from her sight over the last week, Always reaching for my hand in public and not a bit bothered by the looks we get in her home town, She is a different person this time around, More out going and a truly happier person.
The family meeting was a little different for me because of the language barrier but i pulled through ok, I got the third degree from the father, brother and the sister in law, The mother did not say to much to start but after a while she asked her questions, They are a lovely bunch of people and we got on ok, We did get their approval at the end of the meal.

I was invited a few days later to the family home for a meal consisting of only about fifteen courses,,,, I do not know how they can eat so much, The brother shared some glasses of alcohol that tasted like a mixture of lighter fluid and rocket fuel but it went down ok.
The journey to the family home was something else, I thought that i drove in to a war zone, Never before have i seen anything like this,
I truly never expected to see such a place, It was like something from a movie, Any way, The family home was like a diamond in the rough, A beautiful three stories home with porcelain floors and some fancy timber work through out, The family made me so welcome and when the young children came home for lunch they tried their best to communicate with me in English, Every body was putting food on my plate and filling my glass always.

MinYing introduced me to lots of her friends and we had many a meal with them, They are all lovely and friendly people, They know how to make you feel welcome, A couple of nights ago, MinYing took me to her apartment where she lives with about three other women, There is no kitchen and very little security on the doors, She was happy to show me her home, Her friends offered me a cup of hot water and to a game of cards, Minyings room consisted of two beds and a dressing table that was so small that i think it was for a child, Her bed was so hard that i thought i was sitting on a coffee table, Her wardrobe consisted of only a few clothes and a small suit case that i brought for her last time we was together, I was shocked at the way she lived but she was happy to show me and not a bit embarrassed so i said nothing, I was only to happy to be with her.

Any way, The weather is ffffreezing here and MinYing makes sure i am rugged up warm always, She is worse than my mum, We travelled to Beijing for my affidavit to be filled out and then back to the capital of Handan where we got our red books and today we were married, What a relief, A lot of stuffing around but worth it in the end, It is now 10,37pm and my ball and chain (HEHE) Is telling me to get off the computer and rest as i have flu from the freezing conditions.

Well guys time for me to rest now and i will send some pics thru soon , Happy new year to all,
regards from Minying and John.       

Arnold

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 10:53:02 am »
Congrat's John & Minying on your Knot-tying . Wonderful .. just wonderful !!!

I know you will give her a much and well deserved Life , that she was hoping/dreaming for . Your Flu is in GOOG hands believe me John .

Looking forward for some Photo's .

JamesMarvin

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 12:18:20 pm »
I had the same problem...was quite concerned what to do to charm the old Coot !!!

Half a bottle of Johnny Walker after we met seemed to do solve all the problems...we both got plastered together (much to the disgust of all the ladies)...hey ho !! whatever works...works  ;D ;D ;D

I am sure he was just as concerned as me, but in the end he just knew that I only wanted to make his daughter happy and that I was a genuine Man, not a Western sleaze.

I am sure you will find the same....dont worry

David

This works with German "Dads" too. The first time I meet my late wife's father we stayed up all night drinking German wine (very good stuff!) and cussing the Russians! Her Dad had been in WWII on the Russian front. :) We told war stories to each other. My wife, Hildegrad, said that he told me stuff that they had never heard before.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2010, 05:15:57 pm »
Well done John...warm congrats to you and your wife  ;D ;D

Sorry about the 'flu...and the fffreezing weather......Just to let you know, they forecast the next six days at 40 degrees + here in sunny Perth !!

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2010, 05:44:30 pm »
John , congratulations to you and MinYing , yes here in Melb it is a lovely 28 degrees , Oh and a Happy New Year now to you both , Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Paul Todd

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2010, 06:23:41 pm »
I would also like to add my best wishes to the two of you. May you have a long and happy life together ;D

Offline halfpint

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2010, 09:02:08 pm »
Congratulations John and Minying!!  You sound like a very happy guy, it's really nice to see.  Thanks for sharing all of this, it's great to be a part of this!  Alan
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline shaun

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2010, 11:45:13 pm »
Dang you got to happy if the flu hasn't got you down.  Congratz on the marriage and many happy years together.  Take the pampering like a man and love it.

Shaun

Offline maxx

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 11:47:49 pm »
John congradulations to you and your wife.

JOHN1964

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2010, 02:21:26 am »
Some pics of snow white and myself.

Arnold

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 01:40:15 pm »
Thanks you John for the Pictures . Minying really is snow white and you know that is very good in China  :) :D ;D . Photo's at Arm's length ? We need Photoshopped Pictures here .. you know .. the ones we are sooo used to ?