Author Topic: my love story  (Read 111632 times)

Offline john1964

• finally together
Re: my love story
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2011, 10:48:13 am »
Greetings from Suzhou, This place is a little like Venice with some of the older city built on canals, A real eye opener, Off to Hangzhou on the 28th and maybe Shanghai for a couple of days until we return to MinYing s home town of Handan.
My wife had her medical in Beijing three days ago and i was reading over the doctors shoulder on his computer screen and everything looks OK,
Been quizzing her on a few questions that she might be asked for her interview and she has a good memory, Just glad the interview was not today as she totally forgot my birthday,,,,Hmmm, Got many calls from family and friends and she still never realised until about 2pm, Never mind i just hope she remembers the date when asked, Not that i wish to celebrate my birthday as they seem to be coming quicker each year .
This is my third trip here in eight months and i love it more each time i am here, I have asked MinYing how she feels if we live here and she is fine with this idea, Maybe later after my kids have left home then it will be a great possibility, At this moment i have had enough of people starring at as both for holding hands as we walk, It does not bother MinYing as it did in Beijing when we first got together but i have stopped in my tracks a few times and returned the glares until they look away, I have only seen one other westerner here with a Chinese girl but they had no physical contact as she was shopping and he stood outside the shop with a bored look on his face, I hate to admit it but i have enjoyed shopping with MinYing as she always asks my opinion and if i do not like,,Then she does not buy,,,I like that,,,She values my opinion .
Any way, I am enjoying every minute with my wife here and will continue to do so until the 12th or 19th of June,, Hoping for the 19th but see how work goes, MinYing brought a small b/day cake and sang Happy birthday song in Chinese to me,,She has a sweet voice, I have had about four glasses of Chinese whiskey now so off to bed with me, Keep you posted guys and girls,,MinYing and John.   

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2011, 11:09:25 am »
Happy Birthday mate, keep us updated on your adventures, nice piccies too mate.  4 glasses of Chinese whiskey! better you than me, I can not stand the stuff besides it would knock me out for about a week.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:11:24 am by Jason B »
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »
hey great to hear from you john   glad you and your wife are enjoying your time 
great pics  have fun and keep us all updated 
regards joey/Sophia  :)

Offline shaun

« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2011, 06:36:49 pm »
John,  The next time you are faced with eating testicles there is a simple solution for that.  Next time ask for Rocky Mountain Oysters.  I'm sure they will understand.  Quite tasty.   ;D

Oh, I forgot.  The only way not to eat testicles is still attached.  :o

And I don't mean girlfriend or wife.  :o :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:39:01 pm by shaun »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:49 pm »
Next time ask for Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Is a pearl of wisdom offered with that morsel?  :o

Happy Birthday John ....... In China with your girl, that is one special present.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2011, 07:45:43 pm »
Ron,

No, I think it was something I saw in an old western movie.  Can't remember the name of the movie but I can see in my mind Slim Pickens saying, "You don't want to eat dem things whilst dey still attached."  Of course he was talking about Rocky Mountain Oysters.  :o  Oops.  I just let the cat out of the bag.  Nawww... John already ate it.  ;D

And I forgot too.  Happy Birthday John.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:50:02 pm by shaun »

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2011, 06:27:03 am »
Hello from Shanghai, Time for an update i think, Well i ,We really enjoyed Suzhou even though outside the hotel was under heavy road maintenance, The restaurants were good and the people friendly as always, We got the usual looks of dis-approval from the elders for holding hands in public but what the hell,
We visited an island about an hours drive from our hotel and went for a boat ride which MinYing enjoyed very much, She has not done to much with her self as adventure wise and is having a ball, We had a peddy cab driver for many hours to show us around the island and take us up a mountain to show us where tea is grown, I was expecting someone to come from the bushes wearing a ski mask wielding a chain saw but we survived.
We spent a whole day at a place called Zhouzhuang, It is the "number 1" water city in Suzhou, Great day seeing the sights and going for a gondola ride and eating to much again, I suggest anyone going to Suzhou to visit this place.
The time went to fast in Suzhou and we caught the fast train to Hangzhou , Wow, 344kph, MinYing was so excited she fell asleep, Anyway the plan was five nights in Hangzhou and then three in Shanghai,,,,,,,,
Got off the train in Hangzhou and went to get a taxi and there were a hundred new vw taxis waiting,Somehow we managed to get in the twenty year old Hyundai??,, The window frame on the back door had been welded on (just) and this thing had no shock-absorbers what so ever, We arrived at our hotel and the room was nice so we relaxed for a while, MinYing got hungry as always so we went to find a restaurant to have a meal, We ordered our meals and i also ordered a beer, The beer arrived straight from the microwave oven so MinYing told them to bring a cold one, A little while later the same beer was returned with a glass of ice so i told them what to do with the ice and beer, The meal arrived and MinYing,s steak was good but my meal was nothing like the picture, It was 99% bone and the other 1% gravy so i protested again and got up and left after voicing our opinion of their service and quality of food, We travelled to another restaurant and the meal was only 50% bone this time and i just had to laugh and bear it, MinYing was relieved that i did see the funny side of it this time.
The next morning we decided to go to West lake,,Hmmm, Say no more, MinYing was not to impressed either, Maybe we were both still a little upset at the night before, Anyway we decided to go for a meal as we did not have breakfast so we got a taxi,,,97 rmb later we arrived at a restaurant, We passed thirty on the way to this one, MinYing chucked a wobbly in the taxi to my surprise and then we arrived at a restaurant to eat, I was un-impressed with the place and the food so we went over the road and found a good one to eat,
We got a cab back to West-lake and the fare was only 38 rmb,,,Who was ripped off???,, we walked for a while and decided to go to a shopping mall to look at electronics and clothes, we asked a cab driver to take us to a big mall and he took us to the most expensive silk clothing shop on earth,, we caught another cab and he took us to a big mall which closed as soon as we got from the cab,,Last straw, We walked to the train station and brought tickets to Shanghai and left the next morning, We could not get out of Hangzhou fast enough,,So instead of five nights we stayed for a little over 24 hours, We are now here and happy so far, Just four or five nights then off to Handan for the remainder of my trip, MinYing is having a fantastic time travelling and has taken about 500 pictures so far, Our relationship has strengthened even more now and she never lets me out of her sight and is always reaching for me in public, Still a little shy for a kiss in the street but steals one when no one is looking, She is still like an octopus at night with arms and legs all over me and if i move it only tightens her grip on me, Sometimes she is like a school girl  with her playful moods and other times she can be serious, She gives me "what for" sometimes and stands for no shit from anyone, I like this in her very much, Shopping is always fun with her and she always gets her price and saves us a bundle, The cases are getting heavy and i can not wait to unload the family gifts in Handan, I have grown fond of the Chinese whiskey but it will be a habit i will be happy to break when i return home, Anyway guys and girls, Bye for now and i will update later.             
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:31:36 am by john1964 »

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2011, 06:38:05 am »
Shaun, I dont know why it is but every time i see your posts now i think of those testicals,, ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:40:01 am by john1964 »

Arnold

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »
John .. John , I can only tell you two .. you don't know what you missed in Hangzhou . The Bicycle Ride around the Lake alone , there are many Parks so wonderful ( I have yet to see one like this in the entire US ) and the Temples . Most of all up the mountain to the old Tea Village is worth the trip alone to Hangzhou .
Anyway , your together with your Wife and that is most important and enjoying yourselves either way . Hope you like Shanghai , I would move there in Second if I had a Job there .

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2011, 11:56:20 am »
Have fun in Shanghai, sorry about the misadventures in Hangzhou. Every town has it's bad days, but then I'm from Michigan and we have Detroit

In the army, first time in Seoul was good, second trip to Seoul sucked, well you can guess and the final trip was on my way home. One day I hope to visit again, not as an American servicemen, but as a plain old tourist.

Maybe some day in the future you can go back to Hangzhuo and it will be a good experience.

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline halfpint

« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2011, 02:05:32 am »
Too bad your trip to Hangzhou didnt go better.  I spent a couple of days there in November and really enjoyed it.  Hopefully you will enjoy Shanghai, I did.  4 more weeks and i get to go back!
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2011, 11:44:16 am »
Ni hao from Handan.
Hey guys and girls, Well our time in Shanghai was fantastic, The hotel not the best but what the hell, We spent a few days shopping for clothes,,Yeh i know, IM OWNED,  ;D, Doesn't matter as it was for family and me {mostly}, :D, MinYing tried on some dresses a little shorter than usual but i liked them very much so we brought them, We went to buy some t,shirts for me but had trouble with my size as i am a little bigger  ;) than a Chinese man,
We found a guy, Or should i say he found us, Anyway the t,shirts were the perfect size and  i was happy to pay the price, 200rmb each,,MinYing started to talk so fast and grabbed me and we left the store, Shop keeper chasing us for 100 meters,Then MinYing stopped and winked at me, We turned back and we paid the price of 50rmb each, I try to keep a straight face when this happens but i have trouble doing so,
As we were leaving we was walking down the stairs and i got a tap on the shoulder from the shop keepers friend and he in English, asked me if i was (fuc**ng)  her,,,, This did not go down to well with me,, I stopped and told this guy that we were married and from the rage in my face he backed off quickly and apologised, I left it at that as we get many looks and people and wonder why a Chinese woman is with a western man and i can imagine what they are thinking.
We had a great time in Shanghai and the food was great, I found out that the food at the little (out of the way places) were the best, We had lunch at the Pearl tower,,WOW, what an experience, Something like 257 meters above ground and a glass floor as well ,MinYing had trouble to stand on it at first but the fear sub-sided soon , She loved the place so much so we had dinner there again last night, What a beautiful view of Shanghai, The food was great even though my wife was complaining about the price,,298rmb each,,,wth ???
I explained to her that when we are together that the cost (so minor) was not a problem as i want her to enjoy herself as she never had the experience before we were together,  She still protested under her breath but accepted my explanation.
My wife had never seen the ocean until we visited an island some distance from Suzhou and she has never flown in a plane before so i booked a flight from Shanghai to Handan, I could feel her grip on my arm strengthen when we accelerated for take off and to see her face when she could see land from one window and sky from the other side of the plane was priceless,,WOW was what i heard from her,,Like a child , She has not had to many "memorable" experiences in her life and has enjoyed every moment of the last two weeks,
She still asks me if i will love her for ever, She is the most affectionate woman i have ever known and it seems to me that her mission in life is to make me happy, This is my third trip to China in eight months , I have nine days left here, I do not want to leave, MinYing has already cried tears of sorrow of my soon departure, Why does it get harder each time ?, Bye guys and girls.   

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2011, 11:52:35 am »
While in Handan, I noticed that those "Zhao" women are merciless against merchants, even their own shops in Handan. They protest anything that costs more than it does in Handan, which means anywhere but Handan is outrageous in price, but they still enjoy when you spend the money.

I believe she has got you completely wrapped around that little finger of hers and who cares, you are happy and that is what is important.

Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline shaun

« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »
John wrapping us around their little finger is in the top 10 of things they do best.  taking care of their husband has to be number one and I let ya'll figure out the rest.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »
I am not good with heights, but I really want to visit that tower in Shanghai.  Thanks for sharing that terrifying picture.  I hope I get to bring my wife there some day.

...as irresistible as chocolate