Author Topic: my love story  (Read 111598 times)

Offline halfpint

Re: my love story
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »
John it has been a pleasure reading about your journey.  We all seem to have some similarities in our experiences and our feelings.  In a couple of weeks I get to go back to China for a 3 week visit.  One trip ends another trip starts it seems.  I'm glad its been such a good experience for you and hope it continues to be so.  I remember when my girlfriend left in mid February and went back to China after a 3 week visit here.  It was very lonely...still is.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2011, 03:18:16 am »
Ok guys, Time to tell you what's on my mind, MinYing had the health check for the visa, She failed the blood urine check,, We went back three weeks later and she still showed blood in her urine, The doctor told us that it shows there could be a kidney problem, I have not slept for three days with worry for my wife.
The first test was taken and that day she started her monthly cycle, The second was taken three weeks later and still showed blood but at a much lower level, The doctor told us that it could be because she was soon to start the cycle again but she will return a week after the dreaded cycle has finished.
I am beside myself with worry at this moment for my wife's health, Not for the visa but for her , The last few nights i just watched her sleep but did not tell her what was on my mind, Of course she knows something is worrying me i just told her i could not sleep as it was our last few nights together.
At this moment i have not told my family as it is not fair on them to worry too.
I am here with fingers crossed that it is nothing to be concerned about  but you must know i am sick with worry, I am waiting for good news that relieve my tention.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2011, 06:05:57 am »
John

I know you are worried about your LP....and of course you should be.

But let me assure you that no Western Doctor would consider the Urine/Blood results for a woman within plus or minus 5 days of menstruation as relaible.

The levels they test for in this medical are about 1 or 2 parts per million...and this is so easily influenced by menstruation that it can never be reliable....the Doc doning the test should have known that and acted accordingly with a postponement.

Western Medicine would require that this test is performed in the middle of the cycle...plus or minus 5 days to remove the variable.

There are also many minor issues that can cause a reading...a kidney infection (low grade) or a small kidney stone...relatively common.

Best get it checked before you do the medical again...then you can both have peace of mind

Chin up.....it dont have to be all bad...... :)

David
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:07:32 am by David E »

Offline shaun

« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2011, 06:58:47 am »
John,

I think her doctor should have given her a round of antibiotics just to make sure it wasn't an infection of some kind.  People don't realize how much a small infection can affect our vitals.  It can raise the blood pressure, quicken the heart beat, and respiration also.  I mean I'm not a doctor but having grown up with 1 sister and 3 step sisters I can tell you the blood in the urine can be a very minor problem too.

You know you don't really need to worry about things being a major until they become a major issue.  There is plenty of time to worry then about that.  Right now is the time for logic and simple solutions.  If you are all pent up with worry the sometimes you can't see the simple solution right in front of you.

I am saying this as kindly as I can but stop waiting for the other foot to fall.  There really isn't someone out there trying to muck up your life, to rob you of your happiness.   Tomorrow will take care of itself, right now you need to take care of yourself for her and get rest.  She is looking for you to take the lead in all of this and how can you do that if you are not taking care of your most basic need.

John, I hope you know that MinYing and you have my prayers and best wishes for a good report and not problems.  I'll continue to pray for the two of you.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:58:14 pm by shaun »

Arnold

« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2011, 06:00:37 pm »
Sorry John about my last Post ( the last sentence ) , I did not know . I sure hope MinYing has nothing as serious as that Doc suspects she has . It's aweful to have your LaoPo sick and to be thousand's of miles apart is almost unbearable . A Prayer goes out to both of you .

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2011, 02:16:19 am »
Hey Arnold, do not be sorry for your sentence in your last post, I was not offended at all, I was not trying to embarrass the forum, If it seemed that way to anyone then i do apologise, As you and all others here know it is painful to wait and again see your loved one so far away,
February to September, I feel for you, I could not wait that long, I have been lucky to be with my loved one three times in the last eight months, Financially it is a bit of a strain but i spend money no where else but on my children, They do not ask for anything, I have no bad habits to support.
I am planning a surprise visit to my wife in around two months for nine days, but as we all know sometimes a spanner gets thrown in to the works and something gets stuffed up, As for my wife i thank you for your prayer and others for their support too.
As of yet, I have not had the luxury of seeing my wife on qq or Skype over the last year or so as she has not had the luxury of a computer until now so our only contact has been through e,mails and phone calls but i am sure that now the waiting will be less painful when i see her face on the web cam,
Again if i offended you or anyone else then i do apologise for my post,,,John.

Arnold

« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2011, 02:42:09 am »
Apologise for your Post ??? I only addressed the Crying part of your Post and to be humorous , mentioned not to embarrass our Forum . I was only kidding John , while not knowing about your Wife's problem .. which of course I wish ( we all do ) there is Not .

It's great to see you now using Webcam/Skype or QQ , I did not have that option back when .. I just started to learn how to work my PC from scratch .. haha .

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2011, 05:54:21 am »
Tonight i am the happiest man alive, MinYing and myself went on QQinternational and saw each-other on web cam for the first time  ;D , Even though it took many attempts and a few changes of e,mail addresses we was successful, It was so good to see the happiness in her face again , The family computer has no microphone so it was just typing in Chinglish,  Can anyone tell me if there is any translation on QQ?, if so then how do i make it work?, If not that is ok as it is good for her to practice her English and me to improve my pin yin, cheers guys and girls,,MinYing and John.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2011, 06:05:02 am »
Tonight i am the happiest man alive, MinYing and myself went on QQinternational and saw each-other on web cam for the first time  ;D , Even though it took many attempts and a few changes of e,mail addresses we was successful, It was so good to see the happiness in her face again , The family computer has no microphone so it was just typing in Chinglish,  Can anyone tell me if there is any translation on QQ?, if so then how do i make it work?, If not that is ok as it is good for her to practice her English and me to improve my pin yin, cheers guys and girls,,MinYing and John.

at the bottom of page while typing to people, there is a translate button...I think thats the ojne to use..and congrats...hehe She can do same with messages to you john.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Clayton

« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2011, 08:31:16 am »
John good on you, you won't regret getting QQ, Robbie is right , the translate button activates the translation but  it does not back translate .  If you download QQ translator from your browser address below it will back translate witch means you translate from English to Mandarin and back to English again, Now anyone who has tried to translate will tell you that not all translations work, in fact some are nothing like what you type so that is why a back translator is so good, you can correct any mistakes before you send.  For anyone who doesn't know how it works I'll explain.  Type in your message in the QQ translator , correcting if necessary and when it's good to go copy it and past it on the QQ chat message page and send. I know this sound complicated but once you have done it a few times it's a breeze.
Some times the translation process is bloody frustrating , you can't seem to find the right words to say what you want but believe me it's better to persist than to send a load of garbage that she does not understand.  I find when the sentence won't come out the way i want I break it up with a comm er here and there , sometimes i have to put a comm er after each word, It's just something you need to play around  and eventually you will succeed and in no time you won't need any other translation help.
Good luck with it all
Cheers  Leeroy
http://qq.bur.st/qqtranslator.php
This is the way to go

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2011, 12:29:11 pm »
thanks guys, so far we have not used the translator as my pin yin and her English is getting better,,nearly 2 hours tonight and she was so happy and i was too, the smiles from her were wonderful, she could hear me as her family computer has speakers but  no microphone but this was no problem,,
I love technology of today and it makes the loneliness so much easier to bear with.
All day long i have had a smile on my ugly mug and i sleep with knowing my bride is so happy too.
Monday MinYing is off to Beijing with ma ma for the blood /urine test and hopefully she will pass, fingers crossed, One step closer to our happiness,

Arnold

« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2011, 12:42:46 pm »
One step closer to our happiness,

Wonderful John , as long as the Steps are forward .. you'll be soon at the " Station " of happiness . Best of Luck on the upcoming Test for MinYing .

Offline shaun

« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2011, 07:03:17 pm »
John I know you are happy and we are happy for the two of you.  Good luck with the blood tests.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2011, 10:30:27 pm »
10.30. am and MinYing just messaged me that she passed the blood/urine test, :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2011, 11:52:12 pm »
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ah John...... Um........does this mean your happy?  ???
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances