Author Topic: my love story  (Read 111611 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: my love story
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2012, 05:02:29 pm »
Hey John, that's real grouse news...(now work that out Shaun !!)

About Medicare....Because your wife will,be here on a Spouse visa (309) she is automatically entitled to full Medicare facilities from day one. Just go along to your local Medicare Office, take passport, visa and any other ID she has and she will get a temporary Medicare card on the spot. The actual card will arrive in the Post in about 10 days. She will get an automatic renewal every year until PR visa is granted.

As they say...."Ripper tune Boris" .... ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:06:11 pm by David E »

Arnold

« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
Ein "Prost" to the both of you John from Arnold's and Qing's Home. May it soon complete your "Home" also.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2012, 07:56:18 am »
I am still a little stunned that after all this time MinYing and I will finally be together, Nearly 2 years in the making and in around 3 weeks we will be together again and PERMANENTLY, It has been a long hard and bumpy road that we have travelled, Many of you here have done this before and many still waiting for the good news for their visa,s Many more men will follow in our footsteps and I wish "all of us" A good outcome.
I had to laugh at MinYing after her passport was returned, We had our usual QQ session as we do every night, She told me that her suitcase was too small : IT WAS ALREADY PACKED  ;D ;D ;D, , I get many more messages on my mobile QQ every day as she is counting the days until we are to meet once more at Beijing airport, Every morning I wake and there are still messages to me until about 3am as she cant sleep  :P, I must admit that I now have many sleepless nights as I too as I am trying to grasp reality.
What will she think when she arrives ?, Will she be homesick and want to return to China???, So many Questions are running through my mind,,,, She tells me that wherever in this world we are, she will always be at my side, I once told her that I would live in China and become a teacher and we could live together there, Her reply was, "Wherever you decide to live is where I will be with you", What more can I ask from her ??, I know she is totally committed to me as I am to her, I ask her most nights if she is ready for a totally new life and the reply is always "yes".
understandably her mother is upset at the "impending doom"  Of MinYing leaving China but ma ma  is also happy that I will protect her with my life, Why do we find a wife from a different continent???, Why do we find a wife that has a language so "foreign" from our own???, Why do we find the Chinese culture and women so irresistible ?,I don't know, It just happens, Love is where you find it, All i know is that I will be once again on Chinese soil and return home with my wife for our new life, ;D ;D John     

Offline kenny

« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:06 am »
Congratulations John

Your happiness is obvious in reading your update. You will soon have the answers to your questions.

Good Luck to both of you!

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #394 on: March 16, 2012, 04:25:34 am »
Mate it is all there for taking together....build your life together.

As for the homesick part she will find ANY city in Australia totaly different to China.  No very tall building everywhere.  Sure some downtown in the CBD but that is it.  Xia did not understand the "we love living in our own suburb, with our front/backyard and gardens etc".  But now she has her own and loves it.  Although she still thinks of it as a farm as there is no tall buildings around.

Another thing to keep in mind.  In the paperwork your wife received it says that you are her sponsor and that is it and that you can only sponser one person/application.  Do not believe this.  Xia's mum is coming to Sydney on Monday for 3 months to look after her and the baby and I am her sponsor.  So her mum can come and visit some time if this makes it easier for them both.

Maybe some thing to consider/discuss in the future.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Mark_in_Canada

« Reply #395 on: March 16, 2012, 09:05:01 am »
Great to hear, John!!! I am very happy for you!!! I hope I will have good news soon also!!!  :)

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2012, 11:30:15 pm »
Again congrats and I've been told by a few friends in the legal community. Same thing applies in the states for sponsorship. So I will be sponsoring her mama for a work visa, when Yuan comes to America, b/c mama wants to make sure our little tea shop is success. That and I think she plans on man hunting stateside, instead of through the agencies. Handan as you and your bride know sees very few westerners, you should have seen the people walking into the restaurant when they realized my parents and sister had come. Like us though, many were disappointed in what happened to my friend who was coming to fill the role of 'brother' and best man.
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2012, 06:10:19 am »
Well guys and girls, Around 14 hours until wheels up and off to China again, MinYing is beside herself as I am too, Finally after nearly 2 years of that first email we will finally be re-united and start to live life together as husband and wife,(Trip #6 in 19 months $$, She is worth every penny :) :) :) ) I am VERY nervous at this moment, Thinking "what if", I have not been sleeping too well lately because of this HUGE STEP we both will be taking together with cultural differences and language but we will pro-vale, I have the full support from my family and they are all very happy to welcome MinYing in to our lives, I know she will be like a scared kitten for a while but she has reassured me that she will adapt quickly.
MinYing has been spending time with her family this past week preparing them for the pending departure, She tells me that her mother and our sister in-law have been shedding a few tears and I have voiced my feelings to the family for taking their daughter away from them, My wife's mother tells me that she will be very sad to see her daughter leave the home town but is happy and knows that I will protect her daughter always, The whole family has confidence in me in giving MinYing a good life here, From not wanting to know me they have really changed their opinions, I know how close Chinese families are and I feel lucky to have earned their trust, Foreigners were a no no in the eyes of the family, Well fellow travellers, I am in the middle of making the homestead spick and span for our return, I only hope my children can keep it this way  :P.
I think this forum is a "god send" with the wealth of knowledge and advice, I have had much advice from you guys over the last year or so and I hope the little in-put from me has helped some of you too, Well, Time to close now and I will up-date soon  ;D ;D ;D ;D, John .   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:56:16 am by john1964 »

Arnold

« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2012, 11:43:27 am »
Have a great Trip John and may your Life together start off with a big Bang of warm Love and always stay that way. Money/Time is sometimes a little price to Pay, for a match made in Heaven!

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #399 on: April 04, 2012, 01:53:26 am »
John, I wish you all the best with your wife. You are a lucky man. I can imagine there will be many tears at the airport. But the feeling when your wife is sitting beside you in the aircraft will be indescribable. Please keep us updated ;)
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #400 on: April 10, 2012, 10:55:21 pm »
We arrived at 5:30 this-morning,  ;D ;D ;D ;D, she is in ore at the cleanliness and the lack of people and traffic, update very soon , John .

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2012, 01:32:39 am »
Well done John , and a big welcome to Minying to the best country in the world , now you will be kept busy ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Nigel

« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2012, 02:49:27 am »
congratulations John!!
Wow, I can almost see your smile from here!!
Tell her to come to Sydney, go down Paramatta Road on a Friday afternoon and she won't be missing the lack of traffic in yr town any longer!!  ;D ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2012, 04:53:15 am »
Welcome to Perth Minying...it is the best kept secret on the Planet  ;D ;D
You will love this small City, very friendly, very easy and wonderful clean air, good sunshine fresh food and no crowds.

I picked up my Ming this morning from the Airport...we missed you by a couple of hours...she was soooooo happy to be back in Perth, she vows she wont go back to Chengdu for at least a year.

All the best

David and Ming

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2012, 08:06:02 am »
update very soon

Why what is wrong with one right now?  What could you possibly be doing that is more important??? huh huh

Congratulations on getting her to wonderful OZ not sure of the west though.........
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.