Author Topic: China Visa For Canadians  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
China Visa For Canadians
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:52:04 pm »
I stumbled across a site last year that you could fill out your visa application for China on line and then print it out. I do not have the web site nor do I remember it. Does anybody have one and could you post the link here? Thanks for any help in advance.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: China Visa For Canadians
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 03:09:04 pm »
Thanks Arnold. I just found the site again.

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/hzqz/zgqz/P020070611087242661716.pdf

This is the one I was looking for. I think I was at the link you put up. You print the application and then fill it out. The application says to type it? I have not even seen a typewriter in 20 years or so.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 03:22:19 pm »
Dave, download the form to your computer and then type on it then print it out. (save the org as is then save the typed also.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 04:01:46 pm »
Vince,

I downloaded it but it is saved as a pdf picture, not as a form. I did find the site again. I have already filled it in and printed it out, but thanks anyway for the help Vince. I had been looking for the web page for a couple days now. I got so frustrated with finding the same sites over and over again and not the one I was looking for, I thought I would just ask here. I wanted to try to get it in this week before going to france next monday. I don't want to leave my passport there and not get it back in time. I will just wait now untill I get back from france.

Dave C

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 04:11:22 pm »
Hi Dave,

Here's the link you're looking for... scroll down and you will see a fillable PDF form... just fill that out and attach a visa photo and print.  Then take it to the embassy on St. George St and you're all set.  It usually takes a week or so.  Or alternatively, if you haven't bought your ticket to China, see if the travel agent will send it on your behalf (mine does it for a fee, but considering I don't get into that neck of the woods often, it's worth the money).

http://toronto.china-consulate.org/eng/vp/VISA/

And just in case, I use Tour East as my agent for that.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 05:57:09 pm »
mustfocus,

I thank you. That is the one I was looking for. And that is the place you use for your visa? Do they take long?

Dave C

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 06:02:38 pm »
Dve...the link Mustfocus gave you is for the Chinese Consulate.  I personally wouldn't hire anyone to get the visa...its a very easy process.  Just fill in the application, get your picture taken...bring these with your passport (passport must have at least 6 months remaining on it), and take to the consulate.  If you go on a Monday, you can pick up your passport with Visa affixed on Thursday or Friday.  Its a really easy process.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:23:52 pm »
I was going to try the consulate when I get back. I have the address, I think (250 St. Georges St.). I get back on the 27th and plan on going on the 28th. I know that the holiday is coming up too. I just figured that it will be ready shortly after the new year. I still have to try to find their holiday hours.

Dave C

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 06:54:29 pm »
Dave,

I got it done through the travel agent because it was more convenient (at the time, I was stuck driving all over the city and didn't have much time to get to the embassy within their operating hours).  And the fee wasn't too bad (I forget, but I think it was $25).  I'd just drop it off at the agency (which is conveniently located next to the dumpling restaurant...) Then a week later, I'd go pick it up along with my ticket.

You've got the right address, it's just a matter of getting there.

As for the schedule, it looks like they're closed on the 27th and 28th as well as the weekend (http://toronto.china-consulate.org/eng/vp/t630718.htm)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen