Author Topic: To China and back ...  (Read 8107 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
To China and back ...
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:55:14 pm »
As many of you guys will know, i've been to China a good few times in the last couple of years, this will be my sixth trip in about two years and probably my last until next Chinese New Year.
I fly out of Dublin on Wednesday next, arriving Thursday afternoon in Hong Kong take the train to GZ and will be reunited at last with my qin ai de, my lao po, for the last time, we wont be apart again :)
This time there will be no tearful goodbyes at the airport - those totally suck, I'd be a liar if I said it gets easier, it doesn't. She will be coming back with me to Ireland.
I'll be about two and half weeks in China over the New year in Guangzhou which seems almost like a second home now at this stage. We'll spend most evenings with Sunny's parents for dinner and have a lot of other stuff to get arranged.
We are also looking forward to meeting up with Dave (Bee964) over the New Year period and having a few obligatory dumplings !!

Then she comes to Ireland and my life as a single guy comes to an end  :D
I've booked another 4 weeks here, after we get back, off work, so hopefully she will be well adjusted and settled by the time I have to go to work hopefully, I'm certainly going to try to make it as comfortable a transition as possible.

So I guess its coming to the end of one road in one respect and starting down a new one in another respect. I will do my best to rise to the challenge, i know she is the one for me, no matter what challenges we meet i am sure we can climb over and be better for it. My two sisters are super excited to have another sister in the family and I'm certain Sunny will be made feel very welcome here.

I'm hugely grateful to the guys that have been here for me from the very beginning Facebook days, frankly without you I'd probably be alone and sad this new year instead of full of joy and happiness. This journey sure isn't for quitters, it takes patience, bravery and a willingness to embrace a totally different culture to what most of us ill have experienced in the west. I once read that Chinese women are steel wrapped in cotton and that's the best description I've read. Beautiful and womanly outside, and incredibly strong , loyal, wonderful inside..worth every minute spent trying to win their heart!

Heres to turning a new page, and raising my glass to those who have gotten me this far and to encourage those just starting on the journey, it may be a long one but its one worth taking  :)

More updates to follow over the next few weeks..
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: To China and back ...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:25:41 pm »
6 Trips in 2 years, well I beat you there as I have also already done 6 trips in 2 years. But you win were it counts - keeping your wife with you when you return home. I wish you the best on this last voyage and a fantastic new year celebration.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:39:42 pm »
Enjoy every minute mate.  I am hoping that Xia will be able to come back to Australia with me all be it for only 3 months (tourist visa) after my trip 12 FEB - 25 MAR.  Will be in Guangzhou for a day but about the 14 FEB to put in tourist visa application at the Australian Consulate and to get a single paper that the marriage office wants but from in China.  So might be able to arrange some sort of meeting even if it is for a plate of dumplings.  Will have more concrete plans in the coming weeks.

I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:52:24 pm »
So the Irish drama will come to an end and a new Book will be opened for you and Sunny ... but sad  :'( to say ... your old friends will stay the same  ??? .

We can now say , instead of sitting down in front of the CP with a Glass of Wine writing .. we can have one with our LaoPo next to us .

May also be happy/wonderful day's ahead for you both .  Congratulations !!!

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 12:32:55 am »
Irishman have a safe trip And a good time.I wish you and Sunny a long and happy life together.May your home always be filled with joy and happiness.

Somebody once asked me.How to make one of these types of relationships work.Thiere is no big secrete.Just remember your wife is from a different country.With  different customs and its own culture.You need to remember this.When you are dealing with life's little emergencies.It also takes allot of patience and time.and the ability to not get caught up in the little things.If It isn't life or death.Or the end of humanity as we know it.It probably isn't worth arguing about.And remember to try to see whatever it is from your wife's point of view.She is the one who left everything behind she ever knew.Just to be with you.If you can do that.And not get wrapped up inside your head.And start over thinking this.You and Sunny will do very good.

Thiere is going to be some adjustment issues for both you and Sunny.Don't let it get out of hand.If you need help or need a question answered.You know where we are at.

Maxx

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:27 am »
Hey Irishman,

Hope everything goes well and you do lose your single status... or should we start calling you Irish-husband? :)

Good lucky my friend.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Vince G

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 07:20:26 am »
Well it seems it's the end of a chapter in the book of life and time to open a new one. It seems like this took forever? but then again seems like just yesterday when the Irishman made his appearance. Best of everything to you both.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:33:03 am »
how goes the song go "when Irish Eyes Are Smiliing  -  Smiling the ywill be a wide as Dublin Town hall very soon

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 10:00:26 am »
OK I am jealous.  No really Ronan I am very happy for you.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 05:33:21 pm »
It's been a long journey for you, but I am glad to see it coming to such a happy ending.  Enjoy your trip over.  Have a great time, and don't forget to keep us updated about your trip...they are always entertaining.

Offline Chong

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 08:43:02 am »
And thanks to you, Irish, for getting this site up and running ... thereby helping many guys directly & indirectly. And a big thanks to Martin. Without Martin's Facebook start, none of us would have ever met online or in person.

Have a great trip !

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 08:50:43 am »
Have a great trip Ronan , I hope Sunny has been learning English with an Irish accent ha ha , we will now keep on reading about your latest exploits , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline daghoi

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »

Have a great trip Irishman. Best luck for the future.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »
Will be in Guangzhou for a day but about the 14 FEB to put in tourist visa application at the Australian Consulate and to get a single paper that the marriage office wants but from in China.  So might be able to arrange some sort of meeting even if it is for a plate of dumplings.  Will have more concrete plans in the coming weeks.

If you get some free time on the 14th of february I would be interested in meeting you Jason. Should I send you a PM with contact information?

Dave C
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:31:14 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 06:30:22 pm »
Best of luck to you Irishman! I will be looking forward to meeting you there. I hope you two have a long happy life together.  ;)

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.