Author Topic: Another year I have to work!  (Read 1883 times)

Offline halfpint

Another year I have to work!
« on: January 22, 2011, 05:34:49 pm »
I was on the phone with my girlfriend last night.  We were talking about her son's upcoming birthday.  When I 1st met her she told me her son was 7 years old.  I have a 9 year old girl, I thought it was great to have two kids so close to the same age.  I also figured this would fit in well with retirement plans.  When the kids finished high school, we could retire and start to travel etc

She mentions her son will have his 7th birthday.  I say no, this will be his 8th?  She says no, this is his 7th birthday, but she says he spent 9 months in her tummy, and that was the 1st year.  So she thinks of him as being 7 and yet he will turn 7 in a few days.  He's a year younger than I thought.  Which means, now I have to work one more year than I was thinking.  I just don't see the point in retiring when you have kids in high school.  They need you with them, so you can't travel, might as well keep working.

I already added two years to my working career when I met her, I guess one more year wont make a big difference.  I wonder how I'll feel when the time comes?

My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline shaun

Re: Another year I have to work!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:25:31 pm »
Who says we are right?  Maybe Chinese women are.  ;)

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:36:29 pm »
We are right on this one !!! Birth starts after your out of the Womb and then and only then the counting starts . A Child conceived it NOT born yet , so I am NOT going to call myself a or any years older than I'm already are .. period ! Awrrrrr .. hey Sweetheart ... how old am I ?
Wrong !!! . >:(

JOHN1964

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:56:15 am »
solar calendar, lunar calendar, Who are we to understand,?
All i know is my beautiful wife celebrates her birthday by one of these, I do not know which one but it is important to her so it is too important to me, By the way we are taught my wife's birthday is on the 21st of February and i will send her the best birthday wishes that i can give to her, I will ask her when she will celebrate her birthday and i will make sure that she remembers it for a long time.
Regards from MinYing and John.