Author Topic: Watch Youtube from China without Proxy or VPN  (Read 45730 times)

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
Watch Youtube from China without Proxy or VPN
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »
This is an online Web browser Proxy, theres a lot of them but many are blocked in China or they are blocked by the sites you want to visit. Heres one that will let you watch Youtube without having to configure or install anything on your PC. It does not work for Facebook however but for many other blocked sites. It works fine with China Unicom i cant answer if it works for you guys using China Mobile.

http://www.onlineproxy.biz

Enjoy

Update: Not blocked by China Mobile either but a lot slower then if you have internet from China Unicom

Update #2: Lol .. and now its blocked (Chnlove being monitored  ;D). Better stick with the non-free alternatives  ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:26:51 pm by Mikael_Shim »
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Watch Youtube from China without Proxy or VPN
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:15:47 am »
Yesterday a whole waft of VPN were blocked in China.  Wonder how long it will be before they get to Skype?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 10:48:57 am »
I think it won't be long.  I've been having problems calling China using skype.  Maybe 1 in 10 calls work?  The rest of the time I keep getting this number is not in service.  Calling card is the other way around...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline shaun

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »
So I guess this is why I am having difficulty with yahoo IM lately?  Guess I had better get some more memory and get QQ operational.   >:(

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 01:39:20 am »
Using Skype from within China to call outside has been working fine for me and still is. The only VPN service which i know that has never been blocked or been down is Astrill (you can click my homepage link to get there). Its not free but for me its worth every penny.

Also, its abit dependant on your internet connection. We have 2 internet connections where i live. One 2mbps thats provided by the landowner, this one is from China Mobile and it has constant issues with foreign sites , skype etc. I went and bought my own ADSL from China Unicom a 3mbps for 1200rmb/year prepaid including wifi/modem/router. This connection almost never have any problem with foreign sites and blocked ones are easily accessible with Astrill. The speed is also A LOT faster then the other connection we have. No problems downloading or streaming videos.

China Unicom offers ADSL up to 8mbps right now but the speed of the service is very dependant of wehere you live. We could only get 3mbps where we live, although its still fine enough. If the Skype protocol gets blocked it will still be possible to use it with VPN services such as Astrill. However it will take a performance hit on the network load so if you are already having speed issues this might not work very good.
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 07:32:36 am »
Peggy and I worked out a game plan if China decides to block these sites before she moves over here.  But we will also have to stay on top of it afterwards so she can communicate with her children.    So if anyone has an extra 2 gig or 4 gig laying around for real cheap I am interested. 

Also, on a side note, if anyone has any extra brain cells they don't need I am ready to buy.  It seems when I was young I wasn't too concerned about killing off several million brain cells.  Today I find myself missing them.  :o ;D

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 03:26:03 pm »
Also, on a side note, if anyone has any extra brain cells they don't need I am ready to buy.  It seems when I was young I wasn't too concerned about killing off several million brain cells.  Today I find myself missing them.  :o ;D

Hey I can help you out here  Shaun - I have a very large brain capacity and my many brain cells are very valuable - why? - because they are completely unused  :o
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances