Author Topic: lantern festival  (Read 2185 times)

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
lantern festival
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:48:43 am »
Tomorrow is the lantern festival, I haven't spent this festival with my family since I was in high school. So I am very missing home now although I just come back from home for one week.
 In my hometown the only temple will light up a 5 meters bamboo firebrand under a brightful moon ,and old men ,kids will beat drums and clang gongs,lifted flags to join the parade . Different city have different celebrate ways.But one thing in common, We all eat  sweet dumplings which made of glutinous rice flour .

Shenzhen isn't an old city with history, so there is no "temple fair" you can go out tomorrow. I think Beijing,Suzhou ,Hangzhou...those places must be very crowded. So I will stay at home watch the "Lantern festival gala".
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:55:26 am by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: lantern festival
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 02:14:35 am »
Chen Yan , wherever you are tomorrow may you enjoy the Lantern Festival , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline shaun

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:57:00 am »
Thank you for reminding us Yan.  I would like to attend that festival some day.  It looks amazing in pictures.

Have a happy lantern festival day tomorrow.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:33:19 pm »
Qing and I also wish that all those Lantern's light your way to a Happy Life and to the Road of great Health for you Yan and your Family .