Author Topic: My love troubles  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
My love troubles
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:25:33 am »
I just wanted to make an announcement to all who know me and my relationship with Ping from Wuhan. We are no longer together after a ten month online relationship. The reasons? Well, there are many but I'll skip all that and just list off some of the most important factors to why I broke up with her. (None of these are in any particular order)

1. First of all, Ping has been sending me some weird letters the past couple weeks. Asking me about my finances. A long time ago she said to me she was saving up her money for when she goes to university in Halifax. Recently, she asked me if I can afford to pay for her studies. Also, she expects me to pay for our living expenses, get a car, pay for the immigration document fees and the plane tickets to get her to my city.....I simply can't afford to do all of this on my salary. It was starting to feel she was only saying she loved me to get into Canada. I have no proof of this however without meeting her face to face...but my gut feeling told me I should end it before it got worse.

2. Secondly, because of the above reason and many others, I was slowly falling out of love with her. The lust was still there but that's not enough for me to keep a relationship going. It wouldn't have been fair to either of us. I was also at the same time falling in love with another lady. We're now boyfriend and girlfriend and I'm super excited to be going to China in the future still :) this lady and are quickly becoming closer and closer...much faster than Ping and I ever did because Ping never allowed me to call her, I asked her if she'd chat with me on MSN or QQ and she said no. Our only communication was translated emails. Quite often, my questions I asked wouldn't get answered. Anyway, this new lady...we speak on Webcam everyday. :) So we're learning more and more about each other so much quicker.
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: My love troubles
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:42:11 am »
Just goes to show, one door closes and another opens.  Good on ya brother.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:30:09 am »
Josh , not in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought , this would happen to you and Ping , of all People .
No wonder you were so quiet and hardly posted here with us , which I thought is strange knowing you so well . I'm really feel for you Josh , we are very similar in our thought's and upbringing , even with our age difference , which did not matter at all . Even having found a new Lady , I know how much it hurt's you , to have treasured Ping like no other .
But I want the best for you , so .. if this is a new beginning for you , be careful not to get your Heart broken again .. ok buddy !

Offline China Shark

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:59:36 am »
Josh, I feel for you man. However I am not surprised at all in the turn of events. Sorry, I haven't been writing you lately, haven't been writing any of the guys as of late. All along I got the impression that you were simply a means to an end. Truth be told Mei was about the same exact thing, forever asking how much I can make teaching and can I give her money to enlarge her shop etc. If it is about finances the smartest thing you can do is to walk away like you did. Really happy to see you bounced back with someone's that is willing to meet you halfway. Where is the new girl located at? Are you close to Shenzhen at all? This new one sounds promising though. You're a good guy this time I think she could be the one for you. Just take it slow because look what happened to me rushing this thing. Take care and I'll drop you a line later today, no school Dragon Day Festival.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Paul Todd

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 11:21:41 am »
I was wondering where you had got to, my friend! Sad to hear it didn't work out, but best wishes for you and your new lady! :D Tell us more!!!!

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 12:49:20 pm »
Josh, so sorry to hear it.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Danny

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:22:23 am »
Yes, it sure is sad. You take a great chance when you start an adventure like the one we're on. You can throw your everything into it and still it can end in disappointment. The pain and sorrow will pass. Each day will get easier. Till then, know you're among friends.

Chet Sams

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:40:33 am »
That explains the quiet mode from you. Bummer it happened the way it did. But lucky you caught it early enough before things were out of control. Ya still looking in Wuhan or did you go out of the box.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 05:23:45 pm »
Chet , to answer your question ( looking in Wuhan ) he has found a very special Lady in Guangzhou , that has been my close friend for some time now . But I will let him give further info . on that . I am after all not his spokes person (  Hehe  ) . But I am happy for Josh to have another wonderful Lady that appreciates him for who he is .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 05:51:54 pm »
Arnold are you going to be charging Josh an agency fee?...:D
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline David

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 07:46:03 pm »
Josh sorry to hear about Ping.:s  But I wish you the best of luck with the new lady!:heart:

Big Dave

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 12:19:51 am »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='4378' dateline='1243720314'

Arnold are you going to be charging Josh an agency fee?...:D

Rhonald , no I wont , but if it was LILY .. yes I would . ;)

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 02:19:35 pm »
Josh so sorry to hear that mate......But keep your head up brother:)

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 05:45:08 pm »
Don't worry about me guys. Any heartbreak I've been feeling has been snuffed out by my Guangzhou lady. :D

Arnold, she's been my friend a long time too. I had a crush on her for a long time but never said anything to anyone because I felt it would have been inappropriate due to the fact i was still technically with Ping even though I was beginning to become unhappy with her after I came to the realization that I couldn't afford the life style she so desired. That made me feel like a failure. And maybe I am. I work at the movie theatre and I have no added education beyond high school. :( Ping assumed everyone in the Western world was wealthy enough to own a car and when I told her I didn't have one and couldn't afford one, she told me she was disappointed. Anyway, enough with Ping. She's out of my life and now I have a wonderful, sexy, gorgeous, intelligent, funny, honest, loyal, caring, kind.....amazingly perfect lady in Guangzhou. (Thank you for the intro, Arnold;)) She knows English fairly well so I can save myself hundreds of dollars from translation fees each month. All that extra coin is being tossed in the savings account. :D

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:57:06 pm »
So, the more and more we talk, the more and more I find out she has something else in common. I'd marry this lady right now if given the opportunity :icon_biggrin: She's millions and millions times better for me than Ping ever could be. :icon_cheesygrin: She's unbelievably perfect!