Author Topic: Spikko -  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Spikko -
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:11:43 am »
As well as utilising Skype I have just taken up a new service with Spikko.com

This is an Isreali based company whereby my friends in the UK are able to call my UK number from their Mobiles (That is Cellphones for the Colonials!) and the call gets put through directly to my Mobile here in China.  They can call from from anywhere in the UK and speak to me at the normal rate within the UK.  (Some service providers have free periods and offers so it could cost them no more.)

This service is available free to China and although they have provided me with a UK number I think USA and Canada is also available.

I signed up and tested it and my call from Skype to my new mobile number in 'London' was ringing on my mobile in a few seconds.

Willy

Where will technology end. When I was a boy, a very young boy I add,  most homes in the UK did not have television and the Dick Tracey wristwatch telephone seen in comic books was a thing that only sci fi could dream up - never thought that it could ever come a reality.   And do you know we used to be scoffed at when we said that one day a man would land on the moon!   And then there are those foolish people who thought the World was Round!

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Scottish_Robbie

Re: Spikko -
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »
It is round...isn't it?... :o
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Spikko -
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 07:04:51 am »
Just an update on Spikoo

Seems they use a 07924 number and from what I hear they charge the caller high fees so will not use it at all.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,