Author Topic: Sending money to her  (Read 4553 times)

Offline Wilfred Motosue

Sending money to her
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:56:55 pm »
I would like to ask everyone :  Would sending money to my fiancee in China every month  be a red flag and do they check for that and would the Immigration see that  as a reason for a potential fraud marriage? I want to send her money every month for her living expenses so she can quit work and go to English school before coming to the US.  Thanks.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: Sending money to her
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:21:13 pm »
Actually having a record of sending money regularly is viewed as a good sign to prove a genuine and continual relationship.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:31:38 pm »
Exactly .. and the English Classes are a Big plus not only for them .. but also for you to make things a lot easier ones she's with you . My Wife's English not only makes her adjust well in the US , but it makes my Life simpler too .

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »
Yes, send her the money. It is a good sign to immigration.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:18:45 pm »
I've been going through some records from my last trip getting every thing in order for the main event.  First what memories come back as I look at the records.

As I looked through my debit withdrawals  I remember issues that arose.  The closest bank to where I stayed when I was in Shenzhen and Shaoguan was the China Construction Bank.   The first time I withdrew funds I took 2000RMB,  the second 1500RMB, third 1000RMB and then it would only let me withdraw 500RMB a day.  When we hit the 1000RMB level I knew something was wrong and told Peggy that we needed to find out what was wrong.  I suspected a scam and was already talking via email with my banker in the states.  They would sit me in the office and feed me hot tea until it came out of my ears telling me that there was a system error and if I could wait the branch manager would be able to clear it up.  After two days of this I figured out what they were doing.  They were lowering the ceiling of my transactions so that I would have to withdraw more money.  Now they were only making pennies but they were going for it.

I took out my trusty little pocket translator and shared an opinion he didn't appreciate, neither did Peggy for that matter.  I asked her to take me to the Bank of China.  I talked with the manager and I was able from that point forward to withdraw anything from any branch without any problem.

Bank of China is the ONLY one for me.

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:35:23 am »
Thanks everyone. Looks like it's okay to send her funds. It cost $60 to wire up to $5,000  in my bank in Honolulu. She is very happy to learn english and is making the most of this opportunity to learn English before coming to Hawii. She know it will help her a lot to know how to speak english and talk with people and doing things that she will need or want to do , like going shopping for food, driving, banking, socializing with our friends and overall being happier to be in a foreign country and first time out of china.
Thanks again.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 01:23:54 am »
I have sent Xia plenty of money as I asked her to stop working  a while ago and now I support her.  Just one word of caution though, I just cut and pasted all the transactions onto a word document as I do all my banking electronically.  The other day when she had her phone interview with the consulate they did question her about it.  So if you are going to use the transactions as evidence (and you should) it may save some grief if you get a copy from the bank in the form of some sort of statement.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:25:30 am »
My immigration lawyer also told me that sending money was a very good thing to do , It shows for a genuine relation ship , I was also told that the amount was not to matter to much but as long as it was a regular occurrence,  I send my wife $400 Australian a month and this is almost equivalent  to her monthly wage in China, It makes her life so much easier and gives her the little pleasures in life that she has not had before, She was very against me sending the money to her at first until i told her of what the lawyer said about helping with the visa application.
Keep all records of the transactions as they are the proof you need, Regards from MinYing and John.

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 07:47:36 pm »
Thanks , Jason and John.
Yes everyone, including my laywer is also saying to save the transaction staements too.
wilfred

Offline djshotty

• seeking eternal love...
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 02:38:26 am »
My immigration lawyer also told me that sending money was a very good thing to do , It shows for a genuine relation ship , I was also told that the amount was not to matter to much but as long as it was a regular occurrence,  I send my wife $400 Australian a month and this is almost equivalent  to her monthly wage in China, It makes her life so much easier and gives her the little pleasures in life that she has not had before, She was very against me sending the money to her at first until i told her of what the lawyer said about helping with the visa application.
Keep all records of the transactions as they are the proof you need, Regards from MinYing and John.
Yeh, but how did you do it?  Did you get her bank account details and transfer the money straight to her?  I was thinking of sending some money each week to Honey, but I'm not sure about the how-to's...
Thanks to all that have gone before me, your wisdom and experience is very much appreciated...

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 03:35:58 am »
Maybe a silly question D J , but have you been to China / Changsha yet , until you have been face to face in person nothing is concrete , and jelly at best . If you are planning to go soon an easy way for us Aussies is to open a second account at your favourite bank with a plastiic card put a few dollars in it and tell the bank that money from that account will be permantly used in China withdrawing from an ATM then by linking your 2 accounts you can transfer whatever money you want to send , I do it all online to pay for my employee every week and it works fine , take the card with you and you can also use it while you are there as a second card , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 04:49:27 am »
i just do an international money transfer each month through the commonwealth bank  and i get a record of transaction, all you need is her account details and it arrives 5 days later, must find out more about the was Robert does it his way and i may be able to save the $30 transaction fee each month.   regards from MinYing and John.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:55 am »
My Bank (Westpac) would not issue a card that was to go to China...they wanted Ming to come into the Bank with Drivers License and passport before they would issue a debit card.(dickheads !!!)  I was planning to do the same as Robert but they would not play that game !

So now I have a standing order each month to send money to Ming's bank Account with CBC in Chengdu...it costs me $18 per month in transaction fees and I have a detailed record for Immigration to see.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 09:00:15 am »
Just a further bit of info , does not matter to the bank , but the debit card is in my name on a second account , I just made a note of the pin number in case it was forgotten and then posted it over wrapped in some tee shirts and perfume samples , I just told the bank it would be used here and in China and to leave it open ended in China , I can get my receipts once every 3 months from online or whenever I want and being a debit card when I am online I can  automatically see when it has been drawn down , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline MajicBean

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 08:41:47 am »
hello,  I have sent money to my wife in china plenty of times.  The easiest way to send money is through western union.  You only need to give them the country and her name.  Then go on qq or skype and give them the transfer #.  They just go to a bank that has western union and show their id, tell them my name and how much money i sent, and the transfer #.  They can have the money within an hour of sending it.  The fees are cheaper than you think.  If you sent the max $7,000.  it would only cost $28.

Another thing i did was open a bank account here in the states.  When I went to china to visit my wife.  I gave her the bank card.  Now, i can put money in the account anytime and she can go to an ATM and get money.

By the way.  I met my wife on qq.  Not on a dating site.

hope this helps

Dan