Author Topic: Taking the second step  (Read 8909 times)

Arnold

Re: Taking the second step
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 09:47:59 pm »
  But if you do complete the trek you will be considered a hero of the mountain and gain more face to your lady.

That is exactly True . I climbed the Simatai great Wall and received a Certificate of my Accomplishment and yes .. my LaoPo was very Proud of me afterwards .. but also worried at the same time .. that I didn't over did it on my part .

Offline Iceland

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 02:18:55 am »
All she knew about me is what the agency told her. She just sat back waiting for the agency to deliver me.

That is comforting to know.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:58:09 am by Iceland »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 02:39:29 am »
Before you psyche yourself out too much, take a step back, take a deep breath and relax... you sound more nervous than the proverbial long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...

You've gotten yourself a webcam meeting.  But if you're so wound up about it, you'll either say something you regret or you'll miss something that might tell you if the relationship is real.

Relax.  Let your true self show over the webcam and enjoy yourself.  If you were meant to be, then it'll happen.  If it wasn't, then at least you now know.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline matt4534

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 08:18:37 am »
that is good advice

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 09:09:12 am »
I remember my agency sponsored first webcam meeting.  I had previously only seen her studio photos.  I had heard stories about how much the studio photos are edited.  Oh, she was a vision to behold.  A posed smile is so different from a genuine happy laugh.  She was as nervous as I was.  It's too bad it didn't work out between us. 

Good luck and have fun.  I don't know how long distance relationships could exist before webcams.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:11:41 am by Neil »
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline matt4534

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »
Is it unusually that the translators wecam does not have a microphane and we will be IMing?  I can reason that perhaps this is easier to communicate.

The women I am involved with desperately wants me to visit but is very reluctant to send informal pictures.  But, will webcam.   What do you make of that?

Offline shaun

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 08:46:15 pm »
I think it could mean that her English is not good at all.  OR  :o  She has a voice that would make fingernails on a chalk board sound pleasant.  ;D

I'd go with the English not being good.

Arnold

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 11:11:38 pm »
Matt , I feel that her English is just comfortable enough to go to the Agency and do the Webcam with you . If it wasn't she would refuse at least for now . About the "Personal" Photo , don't push it too much . These Girl's are shy and don't like to give those until you have met , that is how some of these Women are . Some Women are married to westerner's and STILL don't want their Photo shown , so don't put too much weight on this . If it works via Webcam , she'll loosen up some .. I'm sure . After all , she'll see you are for real .. hopefully .

Offline matt4534

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:43 am »
honestly, my heart tells me she is shy. But, I have been psyching my self out with all the negative experiences guys have had.  Well it is almost game time we will see how it goes.  Thanks for the advice, everyone..... 

Offline matt4534

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 10:26:14 pm »
much to do about nothing.....    webcam went great.....   terrific women!

Arnold

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:05 pm »
Great to hear Matt . See sometimes we get a little carried away for nothing . Anyway , we do need to advance with caution .. til the BIG day arrives and you get to SHAKE hands  :-[ :o . Have to step slowly when first Face to Face too . hahaha

Offline halfpint

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 01:28:20 am »
Good luck with the experience for you, enjoy the moment.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline matt4534

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 01:35:17 pm »
I think I should give props were props are do.  The agency my girl is with did not charge anything for the webcam.  And yes I know Skype is free.  But, they did step up and help her put it together and translated for her.  Perhaps the bill will be due later.  For the moment I can say thanks to Shenyang Golden Olive Consultancy Corporation Limited.  For any guy like me searching the web for info, they have done a good job so far.  Along ways to go, a good start though....  Take it for what it is worth......

Offline matt4534

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 03:50:37 pm »
another quick question.  i noticed in different letters and profiles that the women use the word "babe" alot.  is that word used alot in China or is a play on the english side?  not that it matters, just wondering......  thanks matt

Vince G

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 04:40:22 pm »
Matt, I (& Kenny) had used Shenyang Golden Olive a while back. They were very good (No scamming) though the translator that we had has left the agency they seemed to be on the up & up. Those babes, honey, darlings are the translator.