Author Topic: Taking the second step  (Read 8908 times)

Offline shaun

Re: Taking the second step
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 07:06:20 pm »
Matt,

Looking back my first web-cam was a disaster.   The other woman and I were both nervous and she thought it was a waste of time and was embarrassing because she could not speak English, at all.  Her profile said differently.  Needless to say everything went downhill from there.  The translator can make all the difference in the world but mine did nothing to help.  In the early stages they are the ones who keep things together so it sounds like you are lucky to have the one you have.

And yes those babes, honeys and darlings are the translators.  I've have been talking with Peggy for 18 months now and she has called me honey less than 5 times.  She has never called me babe or darling.  But she does call me, and forgive me for the spelling error, lagone everyday.

She does call me something else but I don't want to brag and I sure don't want to make everyone jealous on this site.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:08:02 pm by shaun »

Offline kenny

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 09:26:04 pm »
Matt,

I am now married to Linda that I met through Golden Olive Agency. I have been there twice and was treated very well. Like Vince said our translator has moved on now but she was very good. In my letters, and I bet Vince's too she used my darling allot. Linda has been here since last June and has never called me darling, dumb ass maybe but never darling. No big deal!

Also I wanted to add, after i came back from my first trip I sent money for Linda to buy a computer. She is not good with things like that but she took her computer and web cam to the agency and they helped her learn how to use it. I will never forget that night at home watching her learn how to use the web cam. So many smiles, anyway we were on line for over two hours working together with our translator and they never charged anything. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:37:55 pm by kenny »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 03:49:21 am »
Shaun , it is la gong she is calling you and if you misbehave it will be more than a gong that you receive , ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 10:16:42 am »
Robert according to my wife and the Google translator it is lao gong, It means Husband,,Chinese and pin yin is so hard ( fei chang nan)

Offline matt4534

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 11:28:34 am »
thanks guys,  the whole "babe", "darling" thing is no big deal.  it just feels kinda  ridiculous sometimes if you know what i mean.

thanks again
Matt
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:54:44 pm by matt4534 »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 07:00:39 pm »
My wife calls me 老公 or 亲爱的 interchangeably.  I returned home from China last time to a message on my voicemail.  All it said was: 老公, 我爱你! 

For some stupid reason, google and MDBG translate husband as 丈夫 (Zhangfu), and wife as 妻子 (qī​zi​).  To me, they sound too formal.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »
Ming and I have our own language...she is LP.............and she calls me LG.....(Lau po and Lao gong)....beats the pronunciation gremlins !!!!

Offline Hajo

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 01:30:07 pm »
My wife calls me 老公 or 亲爱的 interchangeably.  I returned home from China last time to a message on my voicemail.  All it said was: 老公, 我爱你! 

For some stupid reason, google and MDBG translate husband as 丈夫 (Zhangfu), and wife as 妻子 (qī​zi​).  To me, they sound too formal.

I made the experience that is depending on the context  老婆 (lao po) or 妻子 (qī​zi​) these words are used in. Once my wife and me were joking and I called xiao lao po. You should have her look. It almost killed me  :-\

Then my wife told me not call her xiao lao po, because xiao lao po is used for women in bad standing. But I could call her xiao qizi without problem.

And then my wife is used to call me 坏蛋 (huai dan), but why?  ::)
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Vince G

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 10:10:02 pm »
I use to call my ex Dumb de dum dum but this has nothing to do with the chinese culture.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 05:17:37 am »
Oh my, I just realized that my wife also calls me 坏蛋 sometimes.  She thinks it's terribly funny. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline sunny

• 庄生晓梦迷蝴蝶
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 09:07:39 am »
Hi matt4534,

My advice is you should let  your gf goes to an internet coffee (chinese named it internet bar 网吧) . It is very popular in china. You always could find an internet bar in your area. It is very cheap...it usually  cost ¥2 per hour in Anshan. and they have very good webcam. you two could see each other and say hi before she has a laptop.

For others, both of 坏蛋 and 大坏蛋 are nicknames....haha.. enjoy that!  The chinese joking is 男人不坏,女人不爱,means if you are not a 坏蛋,your lady won't love you.

But babe...hmm...I have no idea about it.  maybe it is wrong writing.

sunny

Offline matt4534

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 12:34:44 pm »
All these nick names are translating to scoundrel and villain.  I must assume (and we all know what assume means) that this mean a little something different to our Chinese friends.  Something like a women calling you a "naughty boy".