Author Topic: Tourist/Family Visa for France  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Philip

Tourist/Family Visa for France
« on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:34 pm »
Calling all French people! Or European people.
I am planning a trip in July and August for me and my wife to visit my home country , England, and France for five weeks. (France for 3 weeks in the middle.) We will stay with my parents in England, and mostly stay in my French house in France. (but also in my parent's FRENCH house for a few days).
I am pretty sure I have all the right paperwork for the UK family visit visa, when we go to Guangzhou to apply at the end of this month.
However, the French embassy asks for this:
"You wish to go to France for a family, tourist, private or friend visit and will stay no longer than 90 days. You must provide an invitation letter explaining the reason of your trip to France, except if you are visiting France as a tourist. For accommodation, you must provide either a hotel booking or the lodging certificate (Attestation d'Accueil) obtained by the person you are visiting in France from their local Townhall ("Mairie")."
Do I keep it simple and make a dummy hotel booking, saying I am a tourist? I can get a letter from my Dad, (I call him Papa!)  who is French saying that I will be staying with my parents. But he will not be able to get an “Attestation d'Accueil", because he will not be in France until just before we arrive in July. Do I mention that I have a French house and that we plan to stay there, or will that just confuse things further? The French guidance does not cater for my particular situation.

Any help from Sylvain, or anyone else would be greatly appreciated. :)
p.s. Sylvain, maybe we can come and visit you. That would be nice. Whereabouts are you? My parent's house is in Lorraine. My house is in the Limousin. My sister lives in Caen. We will be driving down. Our time in France is from July 21st to August 11th.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:12:24 pm by Philip »