Author Topic: Update on relationship  (Read 1781 times)

Offline daghoi

Update on relationship
« on: April 11, 2011, 06:12:16 pm »
Hello everybody.
It has been quite some time since I was active at the site, since I have enjoyed reading your stories and shared my stories. I thought I share an (last) update about my current status. You patiently read my trip report last year (“Your Trip to China: My Trip in Yuannen…”). Unfortunately we eventually decided to split up so we are no longer a couple. It was several reasons for that, one was that I have too many things that make it difficult to leave the country, mainly my old father and a nephew that I’m the guardian for.  It would also be both unfair and difficult to have my girlfriend leave china. She has a good job there and a social network with family and friends.  She would not have been able to find an equal good job here in Norway. So it was the sum of many factors that ended it. It was not an easy decision. I have a lot of fond memories from this relationship and learned a lot about myself. 
As we all now, one door close another one opens. I have been so lucky to find a wonderful woman that lives not far from me and we are now in a relationship. She is Vietnamese and come to Norway some 25 years ago, so she knows the language and is established with job. We are currently just back from a three week trip to Vietnam, where we attended her brother’s wedding and I was introduced to the family there.

So life is good :)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Update on relationship
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:13:39 am »
Great update Daghoi.  Although a sad story, it seems to be having a happy ending.  Don't be a stranger, and keep us posted.

Offline Chong

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:37 am »
Great news Daghoi ... It just proves that sometimes one doesn't have to travel half way around the world when that special lady could just be around the corner. Lucky you don't have to go through all the communication, agency & immigration hurdles.

Best wishes to you two.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:46:22 pm »
Sadness at breaking up...elation at finding someone else...Congrats mate. nice to hear from you again... :D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill