Author Topic: Make her happy,learning perfect Mandarin per day!  (Read 17565 times)

Offline sunny

• 庄生晓梦迷蝴蝶
Make her happy,learning perfect Mandarin per day!
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:48:57 pm »
I'm starting  this lesson because I know some of our members want to learn Mandarin to talk to their ladies.  Pinyin is easier to learn than chinese words.

May 1st.....what will you say to your lady?  ;)

亲爱的,五一节快乐! qin ai de, wu yi jie kuai le!

qin ai de, wu yi jie kuai le!= darling,happy 5.1 holiday!

qin ai de=darling. wu yi=May 1st. jie=holiday. kuai le=happy.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:53:58 pm by sunny »

Offline Hajo

Re: Make her happy,learning perfect Mandarin per day!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 01:55:33 am »
非常好,我喜欢!
Feichang hao, wo xihuan!

Feichang = very. hao = good. Wo = I. xihuan = like it.

Great idea, Sunny. You can count me in as one of your students.  ;D
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:56:13 am »
Sunny fantastic! Count me in as a student, however can I make a suggestion? Would it be possible to phonetasise(sp) the words as well so we can get proper pronounciation? Like X is actually a sh sound etc.  I am looking forward to the next lesson.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:02:39 am »
Jason only 12 days to go , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Axiom

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:27:20 am »
Great Idea! Sign me up as well! I would like to larn as much Mandarin as possible :)

Offline sunny

• 庄生晓梦迷蝴蝶
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 08:30:29 pm »
Thanks guys!I was thinking to remove the thread if nobody has interest in it. But when I waked up and turned on the laptop this morning, I was very happy to knew it survived.

Another good news is today is my son's 15th birthday!  Happy Birthday Jack! I love you so much and always be proud of you!

Sunny fantastic! Count me in as a student, however can I make a suggestion? Would it be possible to phonetasise(sp) the words as well so we can get proper pronounciation? Like X is actually a sh sound etc.  I am looking forward to the next lesson.

Thanks Jason B, great suggestion. I had done some research jobs online. I found some forms about the Pinyin VS IPA, such as  http://talkbank.org/pinyin/Trad_chart_IPA.html. But I did find there are still some pinyings couldn't be march the international phonetic system exactly.

So I tried to find some videos about learning Pinyin from the Youtube. I was comparing some videos, and link the best video  blow. Hopefully it could be a help to you guys to practice the correct pronunciation.

I do believe that if you could practice Pinyin follow the video everyday, you will have a perfect chinese pronunciation  in one month.  Just one month....see, it is not that difficult.

1.Practice Pinyin Song - Learn Pin Yin Mandarin with Apple
Practice Pinyin Song - Learn Pin Yin Mandarin with Apple

2.Learn to speak chinese online - Introduction to Pin Yin (Q, X, Z)
Learn to speak chinese online - Introduction to Pin Yin (Q, X, Z)

3.Learn to speak Mandarin chinese online - pin yin vowels
Learn to speak Mandarin chinese online - pin yin vowels

4.Learn to speak Mandarin chinese online - intonation
Learn to speak Mandarin chinese online - intonation

5.learn mandarin chinese pinyin c s z
learn mandarin chinese pinyin c s z

6.learn basic mandarin pinyin ch sh zh
learn basic mandarin pinyin ch sh zh

7.Learn counting numbers in chinese mandarin
Learn counting numbers in chinese mandarin

8.learn mandarin chinese hotel vocab
learn mandarin chinese hotel vocab

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:51:08 pm by sunny »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 12:05:19 am »
Hi Sunny,

In Denmark it is tradition to congratulate the parents and/or the children of those who have birthday. As I do not know how to say "Happy birthday with your son", I will only say

Jake, 生日快乐!

I wish you guys a nice day and happiness for Jake.
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Iceland

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:47:14 pm »
Thanks for this. I will be paying close attention.

Offline sunny

• 庄生晓梦迷蝴蝶
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:46:54 pm »
Hi Sunny,

In Denmark it is tradition to congratulate the parents and/or the children of those who have birthday. As I do not know how to say "Happy birthday with your son", I will only say

Jake, 生日快乐!

I wish you guys a nice day and happiness for Jake.

Thanks Hajo! Are you really from Denmark? Wow,that was my dream counrty when I was a kid.

"Why don't we have an immortal soul?” asked the little mermaid mournfully; “I would give gladly all the hundreds of years that I have to live, to be a human being only for one day, and to have the hope of knowing the happiness of that glorious world above the stars. " oh,Den Lille Havfrue! Say hi to little mermaid for me please.

what happened to our other students? OK, So today I will give you a specail lesson.

我在安徒生的故乡等待你,我的美丽的人鱼公主。wo zai an tu sheng de gu xiang deng dai ni, wo de mei li de ren yu gong zhu.

wo zai an tu sheng de gu xiang deng dai ni, wo de mei li de ren yu gong zhu.=I'm at Hans Christian Andersen's hometown waiting for you, my beautiful mermaid princess.

wo(我)=I, zai(在)=am at, an tu sheng(安徒生)=Hans Christian Andersen, de(的)='s,  gu xiang(故乡)=hometown, deng dai(等待)=waiting  for you, wo de(我的)=my, mei li de(美丽的)=beautiful, ren yu gong zhu(人鱼公主)=mermaid princess.

Hopefully your lady likes that. ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:50:13 pm by sunny »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:13:11 am »
Thanks Hajo! Are you really from Denmark? Wow,that was my dream counrty when I was a kid.

"Why don't we have an immortal soul?” asked the little mermaid mournfully; “I would give gladly all the hundreds of years that I have to live, to be a human being only for one day, and to have the hope of knowing the happiness of that glorious world above the stars. " oh,Den Lille Havfrue! Say hi to little mermaid for me please.

Sunny, I have learned from my wife that H.C. Andersen is very popular in China. Last year the little mermaid was visiting China for the World Expo in Shanghai. I believe the statue was in Shanghai for about 6 month.

We should have known each other earlier, then we could have switched places as I wanted to go to China since i was 14.  ;)

I am impressed, you even know the Danish title, "Den Lille Havfrue".

你是非常聪明!Ni shi feichang congming! Ni = you, shi = are, feichang = very, congming = smart

My wife smiles at me when I tell her this  8)

If you ever have the chance to go to Europe and I am still in Denmark (I hope to go to China, when I retire), I would be glad to show you and your family some nice places in Denmark.

Offline sunny

• 庄生晓梦迷蝴蝶
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 10:51:31 pm »
Hi Hajo,

I knew the little mermaid had visited china last year. But I bet she would rather to stay at Langelinie waiting for her prince.

To be honest, i didn't know Danish. But I had a very good friend named uncle google. haha.

Wow, how wonderful sentence you made! I guess you know chinese even more than me....I'm getting ready to run away.

well, I want to make small change to this sentence to make it to be a necklace. Then you can add different jewelries to decorate it before give it to your lovely wife.

你非常聪明=you are very smart.  (we always ignore the word "是" here)

Two  steps to make a perfect necklace.

1.the necklace is 你非常( ).
你非常 ni fei chang ( )=you are very ( ).

2.then you can fill many beautiful words in the bracket above. such as 聪明(cong ming)=smart, 美丽(mei li)=pretty, 可爱(ke ai)=lovely, 温柔(wen rou)= tender , 性感(xing gan)=sexy....

done!

note:if there is no student in our class tomorrow, the teacher will  not be show up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:57:29 pm by sunny »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 11:52:32 pm »
老师谢谢。

My Chinese is very poor. But I try to memorize a word every day (or second day). I know uncle Google too ;-) But I only use it for translations from Chinese to English. The other way around does not work to good.

Thank you for todays lesson.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 12:29:33 am »
Sunny

One small point......

Ni shi feichang congming......or chongming ??

My wife was confused by congming !!

Thanks..David
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:31:41 am by David E »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38:56 am »
Hi Dave,

It's "Ni feichang congming". But I would not be surprised if it was pronounced "chongming" in some local dialect.

One of my wifes friends is from Shanghai, when she says "shuo" (to say), it sounds like "suo".

This comment was brought to you by another humble student ;-)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 12:46:55 am »
Thanks Hajo

I find that many words are different in the Chengdu (Sichuan) version of Chinese...most confusing  ;D ;D

David