Author Topic: You need to think about it.  (Read 7320 times)

Offline maxx

Re: You need to think about it.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 11:32:51 pm »
Scott thank you that is exactly what I mean.The Americans really need to think about hiring a lawyer.I've said it once I will say it again.Close to five years on  four different forums.I have set in the coffee shop in the consulate in GZ.I know of only three people who did the paperwork themselves.And got there lady a visa on the first try.Is it really worth the risk. For 1,800 and the filing. the pain the self doubt.It is all over with.

Arnold

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 12:20:34 am »
Maxx , you and I have both sat inside that Coffee Shop and watched Lady's come out from behind closed Doors with their Faces hanging and Tears in their Eyes . This really touched my Heart to see this , but I only wished at that time that my LaoPo will come out with a smile . Seeing Tears of disappointment , it got me worried more and more ( here I thought I have too many Cups of Coffee ) as I got more nervous of the outcome . Even being prepared as we were , there is that bad feeling that fills that area .. because oneself has no control of the situation . No wonder they have half a dozen Lawyer Offices right there as soon as they come out with the " Wrong " Paper .
The few I saw smilling , it started to make my Eyes teary .. as I knew the hard time it is .. for a little piece of Paper . I wanted to join in and hug them all as their Family Member's did and congratulate them . Hopping that could help my/our case .

Again , I will say .. Lawyer or no Lawyer .. it depends so much on the darn Interviewer and his Mood that day . When Qing told me that "HER" Person was very " NICE " and the one right next to where she was sitting ( so that means no private , one only per Office ) was grumpy as can be , that she looked over and felt sorry for that Woman . How fair is that ? Ohhh .. I forgot , we're dealing with the Government here .. haha . Maybe they should look up " Fair " .

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 10:54:20 am »
Arnold, government and fair never go hand in hand, I don't care what country you're in. Fact of human nature, someone always wants to get ahead... unfortunately it seems to be a politician that figures out how to put the screws in...
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline shaun

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »
Scott,

I've not been though the entire site.  I've only looked at what Peggy and her sister have sent to me as my focus is in resolving the issues at hand.

From what I understand women from all over China write here sharing their experiences with the visa process both good and bad.  Then there is a step by step guide on how to do it all correctly depending on your needs.  I do know that it has completely changed Peggy's approach in dealing with this.  This site and of course her anger toward the interviewer.  ;D

I will read more of it later once many of these issues are settled and Peggy is here.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 10:40:37 am »
I have said this before and I will repeat it again.  Be very careful what you write in any forum about your relationship.  Never make any mention that it ran into any sort of problem before you actually marry.  You never know which official from western countries are watching every word.

If there is a hint that a marriage could fail and the foreign person may be a drain on resources then you could get a denial.  UK, USA, Europe, Canada they all have agents looking at all forums and not judging ones like this.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 10:01:53 pm »
Willy brings up a good point...but to take it a step further, it isn't just government agents that can read what you write.  Anyone out in the cyber world can also read what you write, and possibly use it against you.  We have, in the past, certainly had an issue like this, with another web site, that was trying to discredit us.  So be warned, and be aware.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 04:00:22 am »
and to put another spin on it - I plan to print and possibly attach a link to this website, and specifically my posts concerning my wife, and put them in my application to sponsor her. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Neil

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:38 pm »
Well, I didn't meet my wife through an agency.  I met her on qq. 

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 04:40:13 pm »
Good on you Neil , I firstly met my better half on QQ , and as they say from then on the rest is history , but it sure confuses our immigration people , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 11:25:18 am »
Neil,

Have you cosidered removing all your previous postings that are basically about other women that you have been involved with during your time on here.

If your giving them an invite into the forum you may not want them to know about some of them as they may construe the results differently than expected.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 03:44:23 pm »
Neil,
I must agree with Robert, it does no one any good for any nation's bored bureaucrats to have open access to a forum where these things are discussed in a manner where people are trying to help people negotiate the various national bureaucratic red tape issues.

I do not believe it would make difference "where" and "how" you met your wife, their job is to determine whether or not they want to let your wife into the country and if they can find any evidence to the contrary that may cause them any confusion and question her motives for immigration, they have the right to slap you in the face.

Let's be honest here, it's just not a good idea to grant open access to the forum here. Maybe it won't hurt you, but what could it do to someone else?

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Neil

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 04:11:48 pm »
From what I understand, everyone has open access to all the posts on this forum - registered users or not.  Whether immigration officials come here voluntarily or not is a good question.  You may be right, inviting them may not be the best route, but maybe I'll print my posts about my trip.  I've got to get everything mailed out in the next couple weeks.

Vince G

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 05:26:41 pm »
Get yourself a blog and invite them there if you need further proof.

Offline Neil

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 07:23:58 pm »
I think the blog route is a good idea, if you're into that type of thing.  Personally, I'd rather spend the time chatting with my wife than blogging.  Plus, that takes a bit of forethought.  It's not something you can do retroactively (well).  I've read a few blogs that were very good at documenting everything that happened as the relationship developed.  It's really something to think about if you're starting on this epic journey.

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 04:40:12 pm »
Final paperwork, finger print, pictures and interview on the 18th of May.  Work permit, travel permit, invite to get the social sercurity card two weeks later.  So on the 1st of June we have everything we need to travel, work, and bank.  Green card on the way. 
No way this is done this quickly without the lawyer.  Money well spent.  My wife is happy.  Her family in china is happy.  The friends we have made here in Greensboro are happy with the results.  Everyone of our chinese friends reports to have used a lawyer.
The cost of the lawyer compared to delays, refiles, and lost face,  priceless. 

buzz