Author Topic: Chnlove - the survey  (Read 14166 times)

Offline Philip

Chnlove - the survey
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:00:53 pm »
Hi guys, after all this discussion about the pros and cons of China Love, I thought it would be good to get a poll going to get everyone's opinion. It would be interesting to see who would go down the China Love route after the benefit of experience.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:41:47 am by Arnold »

Offline Philip

Re: China Love - the survey
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:24:49 pm »
Thanks Robert :)

Offline Philip

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 06:15:55 am »
I would appreciate it if as many people as possible could take part in this survey, at least 100 members. Then we could get a picture of the success rate of the different methods and how our experience of using them has changed our outlook.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 02:16:55 pm »
technically, I could vote everything except "If I did it again, I would use Chnlove". 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 12:55:45 am »
I have cast my vote. But think the sun of Hong Kong may have got to your head Phillip if you think that there are 100 members who use this site now.   Buit it will be interesting to know what the results will be.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 04:43:30 am »
I think your percentages are a bit screwed up ??

For instance, there were 21 respondents to the survey (as last I looked) of which 18 had used ChnLove...this represents 85.7% of respondents

and so on and so on

David

Offline Philip

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 06:32:10 am »
Ignore the percentages. This is the first survey I've done, so I don't know how to turn them off. They only represent the percentage of all the responses.
Just look at the numbers of responses for each question. An interesting picture is starting to emerge.
Willy, the Hong Kong sun is similar to the Zhongshan sun. Some might even say it is the same sun.  In fact, the father of Chinese communism, Sun Zhongshan (or Sun Yat-sen) comes from your neck of the woods. 100 members may be slightly ambitious, but it would be a decent representative sample if it were possible. I may resort to making pointless inane posts to keep this thread fresh and browbeat people into voting.

Offline shaun

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 08:03:43 am »
I hope everyone uses this.  It already looks to me like those who used an alternate way other than chnlove have had more success.  Unfortunately many who lost are no longer on this site.

Vince G

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:51 am »
Only one thing that I have seen mixed up on many other sites and here as well... It's Chnlove not China Love. China Love is what we are (this forum). Some are confused by this?

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 10:57:44 am »
I think your percentages are a bit screwed up ??

For instance, there were 21 respondents to the survey (as last I looked) of which 18 had used ChnLove...this represents 85.7% of respondents

and so on and so on

David

David the percentage is calculated based upon how many votes in all categories. When I checked for this, there was a total of 79 votes with 19 being used Chnlove. 19/79 = 24 % which is what is showing now.

And with 24 actual voters, then the average person checks 3.3 boxes....wait a sec, I am sure glad we don't have a former dogmatic member here as his response to this survey and my statistics would have drawn out his ire.

So far the numbers showing up is what my gut had a feeling as the typical trend here. This survey just solidifies my thinking. Thanks for thinking up this thread Alex.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:04:49 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Re: Chnlove - the survey
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 11:11:12 am »
I guess I should have also checked off on "I was unsuccessful with the alternative method", since I was on plenty of fish first before I saw the add for Chnlove on their website. IS this The old bait and switch?

I remember sending out 3 emails to local girls and never getting a response. My friend said that to have success on plenty of fish required a shotgun response, firing of 20 generic emails to girls in hopes of getting a bite. This did not sit well with me as I wished for something more romantic, and so I tossed my coin into the EMF wishing well on Chnlove. And the rest has been....Pray and do tell.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:14:08 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 01:15:16 pm »
I am with Vince, what site are you polling about? We are on China Love, I have never used Chinalove and unlike Neil, I do not have a raging hate for Chnlove, but I am a cold hearted accountant who understands bottom line and that there are many businesses in the world in all categories, who do not behave properly.

Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »
I was very successful on Chnlove.  I understood the cost of the EMF up front and budgeted the money necessary.  I did not speak by phone, skype, e-mail, or text with my wife.  all communication was thru the young lady at the agency.  That young lady is a very dear friend and while she has left the agency,  we remain friends.  I am not sure what the purpose of this survey is or the results intended to show.  I am sure that if the ladies who have spent money and time with the agency, were in contact with foreign prospects, and it did not work out,  would be harsh on the agency as well.  But as in life, there are no 100% guarantee get a wife free cards.  There are a lot of success stories out there.  I believe that it is not the agency, or luck, or divine intervention that determines who is or is not successful.  I believe that it is the foundation that is in place by both parties and the level of maturity in both parties and the determination to work thru the culture differences that determine who is or is not successful.  This process is not cheep, the cost of EMFs is enough to make sure you examine what you want to say and what is worth saying. 

buzz

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 05:03:23 pm »
the survey is not very accurate - I made one choice, though, like I said earlier, I could have made multiple choices.  None of the choices are mutually exclusive. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »
I think the point has been missed. Everyone keeps saying Chnlove, but the survey says "China Love" which as Vince pointed out, is this site

Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com