Author Topic: Applied for UK settlement Visa in Beijing.  (Read 1971 times)

Offline hamster88

Applied for UK settlement Visa in Beijing.
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:49:51 am »
Hi my chinese wife applied for the settlement visa in Beijing. We have waited over a month now and its driving us crazy. We originally planned to travel back together but our time together will soon come to an end and I will have to go back to UK.

What are your experiences regarding applying for a uk settlement visa in Beijing ?

thanks

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Applied for UK settlement Visa in Beijing.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:17:27 am »
Have not gone down that route but when we applied for a visitor visa last year it took nearly two months for that to arrive.

We had been married  8 months by then and we have a home in China.  I do not ever want to return to the UK

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline hamster88

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:15 am »
I have thought about living in China too. The only problem is getting a job and the language. I cannot read chinese or speak mandarin. I tried ordering some chinese burgers today in my poor attempt at speaking mandarin but in the end had to point at the words. What makes it worse is that my parents are Chinese so I look like a local but I was brought up speaking Cantonese so mandarin is foreign to me.

Offline Philip

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:13:11 am »
Do you know the average processing times in Beijing for the settlement visa? When my wife recently applied for a family visit visa for the UK in Guangzhou, the average waiting time was 15 working days, and that was exactly how long it took. Maybe the average waiting time in Beijing is longer. I would expect settlement visas to take longer than visitor visas anyway. It might help to find out the average

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 08:23:15 am »
Then move to Guangdong most do not speak mandarin here.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,