Author Topic: WOW, What do you think?-Update  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Mark_in_Canada

WOW, What do you think?-Update
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:06:23 pm »
Well, I am leaving in a few days now...I found this in the Edmonton sun today....

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/09/12/edmonton-man-still-waiting-for-his-bride

What do you guys think? Maybe something on her side, he isn't aware of?

Also, now Air Canada flight Attendants might strike. Legally , they could on the 21st. At least I can get there!!!
I might have a good excuse for coming back late!!! HAha
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:24:16 pm by Mark_in_Canada »

Offline shaun

Re: WOW, What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »
I can sympathise with them.  It is tough when you jump through all of the hoops to be betrayed and turned by your own government that you pay healthy taxes to.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: WOW, What do you think?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 03:57:16 am »
There was a simple answer. 

He spent 80,000 Canadian dollars in trying to get her to Canada -  That is more than 1/2 million rmb.   If he had that money then why go back and waste it?  If he had stayed in china since marrying in 2009 then at most it could have cost 200,000 rmb and that would be renting a really nice apartment.  He was a bus driver. He could have left that job, come her to live which would have shown that the marriage was genuine. And two years later - like now, they could  then make an application to take his wife to Canada.

It would have saved a lot of money and heartache...... and his job - surely a bus drivers job is not hard to find.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Mark_in_Canada

Re: WOW, What do you think?-Update
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25:47 pm »
here is a little more info that was in todays paper...

the artical states that 95% of Chinese brides will leave their sponsor after a few months....not really good odds....

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/09/13/wedding-grifts
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:28:18 pm by Mark_in_Canada »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:14:30 pm »
There is nothing sure in this world but death and taxes.  I say, live you life with an open mind and open eyes.  Take chances, lay your heart out on the table.  Sure, sometimes you watch it get knocked on the floor.  There are no guarantees in life.  But, if you ask the tough questions, listen closely to the answers and make decisions as best you can, at the end of the day, it's more important how you feel about yourself than what you're left with.  We all want to be loved, even the ladies that bail the second life gets real. 

I agree with Willy, 80 grand?!?  Two tries and then he hires a lawyer?  What did he spend his money on? 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:11:14 am »
I don't buy the 95% seems to high to me. Just as the $80,000 seems inflated. If the failure rate was that high I am sure that immigration would not be passing so many cases.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 05:11:51 am »
Lots and Lots of men and women are leaving the USA and Canada to find a spouse. And to be honest with you the governments don't like it. For a lot of reasons. And I think articals like this are more propaganda than they are truth. It took me forever to get my wife home and a ton of cash. But no where near 80K more like 20
Jimmy Henson