Author Topic: I think I am going to China.  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
I think I am going to China.
« on: September 15, 2011, 04:41:39 am »
Man I thought going to China was expensive a few years ago. Now I have round trip San Francisco to Harbin My wife Myself and both daughters. And I need Visa's for the girls.
And a passport for a kid is like more than $200 each. Gifts for parents and 4 sisters and her son. I think inexpensive Part of this vist home to see her family will be after we get there. We didn't sell the house when she came home to the USA so we don't need a hotel at least. But she did sell the fridge, she was afraid it would use to much electric just sitting there.
But I am looking forward to the trip. My girls get to see where thier Dad was living for the year I was gone. And my wife is pretty home sick she misses her parents and son.
But for all my old friends here so far everything is excellent. We have had a few bumps in the road. But as always we get them worked out pretty fast. She is adjusting pretty slow but is doing it. She doesn't understand why Americans are so lazy and says there are more stupid rules here than they had in China even in the 60s.

She loves me more than ever as I do her.  And her and my 9 year old daughter are best friends. They do everything together. And my daughter found out how to use her to get around me, I knew it would happen but figured it would take longer than this.
The communication gap has actually been a huge blessing over the past months, because we are both aware of it we both think harder before we say something stupid.
" I don't know" is the key if one of us say it we both laugh and if its important we go to the translators. And if it's not important we act it out for awhile and guess.
She's my new fishin buddy and loves to go fishin. She is a lousey driver wrecked both cars at the same time her 2nd week home and never left the driveway.
She wants to learn to drive really bad but won't sit down and learn the hand book I got for her in Chinese. So she can get her permit and start learning.
We are going to have to go to Sacramento of San francisco to get her license. There are no Chinese speaking examiners any place closer.

As i have said to the new guys a thousand times, Patients is the key. And even after she gets home and the Language gap is narrowed it is still the key. And always will be I believe. I have learned it good and think I'm a better man for it. I'm better with my kids now, and have saved my stupid ex wife thousands of dollars in dental work because of it.
Anyway everyone take care and i'll be back from time to time. you guys are all good friends, and i would never have made it through all the crap without your help and support.
Jimmy Henson

Offline maxx

Re: I think I am going to China.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:16:49 am »
Hi Jimmy glad to hear you you and your wife and family are doing good.Yes it is really expensive to take the wife and kids to China.I think I spent close to 6,000 in April threw June.On plane tickets ,hotels visas and gifts.Me and my wife took are 2 boys and went to China.They stayed for a couple of months.I stayed fot 2 weeks.Then flew back to the states.At the end of 2 months I flew back to China.And helped my wife bring the boys back to the states.I flew into Beijing on a thursday.We spent the weekend in Beijing.Then we all flew back to the states that Monday.So my last trip to China was real quick.

Good luck and have  a good time.I think once you get there your going to find out how much you really missed China.Then the expense of the trip won't bother you.Especially when you get to see the smile on your wife face.And the joy that you have brought to her.For me it was well worth the expense.And the time off from work.