Author Topic: Australian fiancee visa  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Nigel

Re: Australian fiancee visa
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 06:15:15 am »
Thanks Tom....... Congrats!!!

How was it so easy?? Did she just apply, or did you sponsor her??
I have had no luck, but do not have any idea why. She has been told that gift does not issue tourist visas for single women outside a tour group!!!

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:28 am »
Hi Nigel, My wife also had her visitors visa denied and when i read the official document it read that she could not re-apply in China but we have every right to appeal the decision here in Australia, Ask your wife/girlfriend to send you a copy of the denial and have a good read,  good luck, John.

TomLow

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 07:17:28 pm »
G'day Nigel,

No, I didn't sponsor her.  She applied as a single woman who wanted to visit for tourism purposes and it was granted.  Clearly, there is always a worry that the visa holder will disappear into the ether and really strong ties to China are necessary.  In our case, she is a very highly skilled and educated professional and comes from a well regarded and similarly skilled family.  She has a daughter, a successful business and real estate holdings in China - all good and valid reasons for her to return - which of course she did.

I guess on the balance of probabilities it was perhaps determined that she had more to lose by not returning to China than she had to gain by remaining in Australia.  Once that was apparent, the visa was granted.   

Mate, I hope that advice helps!

Cheers

Offline Nigel

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 08:25:48 am »
Thanks both of you,
         Well done Tom, sounds like you are on a winner there, bro
         I just want to get her here to meet my two daughters, I think that is important.
         She has a stable job, but no real ties to China other than her family.
         Anyway, we will find a way.
         Actually , this is hilarious...... I got engaged to my ex after two weeks and we were married 18 years . I met her dad on the wedding day, and the last of her sisters three years after the wedding!!! So all the questions they ask are, IMO , a ridiculous joke. Was married 18!hrs, and still couldn't tell you half the stuff they expect you to know about your Chinese bride...............

TomLow

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:56 pm »
Nigel and guys

Good news - my ladies intended spouse visa was approved only 10 weeks after submitting the application.  She arrives here on 24th December and we are marrying on 17th February 2012.

The process itself is not difficult.  Yes, it takes planning and organising and can be a little time consuming but the end result is clearly worth all of that!

Now that I have been part of a successful process, If I can provide any of you guys with any assistance at all just ask.

Cheers

Arnold

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 05:06:28 pm »
Thanks Tom ! Happy to hear that and we appreciate your offering your insights to People in need of it .