Author Topic: Australian fiancee visa  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Nigel

Australian fiancee visa
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:15:33 am »
Is it possible to bring out my lady on one and how long do they last?
TIA Nigel

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Australian fiancee visa
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:19:36 am »
If you read under the Australian visa requirements most answers are there , but it is almost impossible , lots of proof needed that she will return to China including a money bond of thousands , a property and also a job to return to and that is just from the Chinese side , also depends if she has travelled before and returned Or if you have been in a long term relationship it does get easier , you do not note where you are in Aust , your age etc , the more info the better off one can be directed , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:24:17 pm »
As Robert says...you can bring your Girlfriend to Aus on a fiance visa (visa sub-class 300) provided you can satisfy the Immigration Department that your relationship is genuine. You will need mountains of documents, photos, emails QQ records etc and you will need proof that you have actually been to China and met in person...2 or 3 times is best...a "once-only" visit is a bit "iffy".

Part of the application process is the actual booking details of your proposed marriage in Aus.

If and when you get granted a fiance visa, you have 9 months maximum to get married. If you dont marry within this time...she goes home....

As far as your other option...getting a Tourist Visa for her....I wouldnt bother to even try...it is very, very difficult to get a Tourist Visa for a single Woman.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:26:47 pm by David E »

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »
As all have mentioned above it is hard but not impossible.  One thing to bear in mind though, it is the same paperwork as for a married visa just slightly different paperwork involved and the process maybe longer to complete.  But the fees are the same, not sure of price now but when I paid was about $1700 Australian, you will have to pay before they even contemplate processing the paperwork and then if you are unsuccessful you will loose your money.

There is a letter for tourist visa in the Australian Requirements section.  Which ever path you choose good luck and keep us informed and feel free to add to the info in the requirements section so others can learn from your experiences too.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 11:24:04 pm »
Let's just clarify one thing about Tourist visas for Chinese Women....

IF you put in an application for a Spouse visa (309) or a Fiance Visa (300) and do all the paperwork and pay all the fees then Aus Immigration are usually OK to issue a Tourist Visa for 3 months to your intended Partner. But even then she will have to be back in China to receive her Visa...because they will need her passport.

If you dont want to go as far as a Spouse or Fiance Visa, and just want her to come her for a while to look around etc...then Immig Dept will get frosty.....very likely that they will decline a Tourist Visa in this circumstance.

You may want to try, but best you get an Immigration lawyer to help...it is tricky

ps...If they decline...you dont get your money back !!!!!!

Offline Nigel

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:13:59 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
She has house, excellent job, stable income, 28 years old, has a passport. Works in media, model, in Shanghai, Qingdao, Beijing. very poor English, but very bright girl.
I have known her about 18 months, seen her ( over there) three times. Plenty of communication, QQ started up, but having trouble, before now, SMS, phone, letters etc
I am Sydney, high income, stable job, 46 years old, three kids, blah, blah

Ok, ignoring the fiancee visa for the time being.....

If she just applied for a holiday visa to Australia, are you saying she would be knocked back?? She wants to visit for a couple of weeks in December, is that really unlikely?? Dam!! That would be very annoying!!

BTW, only found this site thru CHN Love about a week ago!M really great site, excellent info, very much appreciated for all the efforts you guys put in. Will do my best to add to the info pool when I have some decent advice to give!! ( if that ever happens)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »
Nigel

We cant say precisely that your Lady would get a knock-back for a Tourist Visa, but as mentioned they are very, very reluctant to give Tourist Visas to single Women.

You can always give it a go and see what they say.....

I still suggest you get a Migration Agent to do the application...costs money but worth it because they know how to dot the I's and cross the T's    ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nigel

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:42 am »
Thanks again to you all
Will let you know
She has a brother living in Sydney, might be best for her to just say she is visiting him??

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 05:39:37 pm »
Nigel

That is a much better way to go. She can get an official letter from him inviting her to visit and mentioning that he will be responsible (financially) for her whilst she is here.

BTW...I assume he is at least a Permanent Resident ???...preferrably he should have full Citizenship.

I was able to get a Tourist visa for my Sister -in-Law to come here to visit, and I sent her a letter of invite along the lines as above.

Offline Nigel

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 07:46:50 am »
aaaaarrrrrrrgh!!!!
she applied for a holiday visa before I had a chance to give some advice, immediately knocked back!!!!'
grrrr!!

oh well, she can re-apply with the brother in Sydney story I hope!!!

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 08:54:19 am »
Nigel , it is all a laugh after what our EX P M said in todays news about getting Chinese tourists here to spend money , perhaps a copy of his statement should be sent to China and shoved under somebodies nose , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 05:29:19 pm »
Hey Robert, can't help agree on that point. I saw an article on the news a couple of months ago saying they were encouraging Chinese visitors here to Australia, not just in tourist groups. They love Red tape and the authority in China. I agree with the idea of getting her brother to sponsor her Nigel. Keep us updated
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 09:42:08 pm »
All I will say is if something was easy then would it be worth having?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Nigel

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 07:44:28 am »
haha, Willy, you seem to be a very wise man, I really like all yr posts!!
you got it all together, well done!!!

trouble is, she has been offered jobs here in Aus, it seems they are worried she won't return,,... I thought Oz was usually the problem, not China!!! Geez, as if they will miss one lady in 1.3 billion grrrrrrr

well, yes, it seems it will be a hard road, but I am determined to get there!!1

I will keep you informed..................

TomLow

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 07:13:04 am »
Hi guys. 

My (then) girlfriend visited me in Brisbane in June.  She got a 3 month tourist visa granted to her in less than a week.  No issue whatsoever. 

Now she is my fiancee and we went to the Consulate in Guangzhou early last month to lodge her fiancee visa application.  Everything appears to be going well.  She has completed her medical examination and we have had no requests to provide any extra documentation.  Between us, we completed all of the required documentation without the needs for Migrations Agents or the like.  We're just playing the waiting game now which is the most difficult part.

We aren't youngsters.  I'm 53 and she is 43.  She also has an 18 year old daughter who is coming with her.

We have found both the tourist and fiancee visa processes quite smooth and easy to traverse which seems a complete contradiction to many other stories I have read and heard.  Maybe we're just lucky?

Cheers.