Author Topic: chinese chars in EMF's  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
chinese chars in EMF's
« on: May 30, 2009, 08:30:39 am »
Quick question.  Has anyone received an EMF with Chinese characters in it?  My girl sent some but they didn't come through properly.  I have the proper fonts installed and can view Chinese character websites just fine.  

Ç×°®µÄÄá¶û,  is all I got.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Vince G

RE: chinese chars in EMF's
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:06:16 am »
Could be their side of the browser isn't in the right code? (unicode). I know I have said something in the past about it to the translator? I think I sent my ladies name in character and she did not get it? I think I ended sending it in an email instead to get the answer (if it was the correct one?). Come to think of it maybe this is what she meant about some emails (sent with chinese simple as well as eng.) not being readable? I thought she meant the translator wasn't good? But she sent me an email and I read it fine? Anyway, your computer might read it? but the browser needs to first.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:06:35 am by Vince G »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 10:46:26 am »
Choose "Page->Encoding->More->Chinese simple(GB2312) in your Internet explorer. That should fix it!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Paul Todd

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 04:54:59 pm »
When my lady and I were using EMF's and I had just installed the Chinese character download for google translate. I asked her to send her EMF reply in simplified Chinese so I could test it out. I got this in reply,and I quote "The agency don't allow the translator write the Chinese words in the letter".So that was that, no go. Has anyone done this successfully?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 05:33:33 pm »
Quote from: 'Hajo' pid='4347' dateline='1243694786'
Choose "Page->Encoding->More->Chinese simple(GB2312) in your Internet explorer. That should fix it!

Hajo!!!  You got 'er right on the money.  Thank you!:cool:

Although Internet Explorer is the devil's browser, it worked just the same in Firefox.  :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:37:59 pm by Neil »
...as irresistible as chocolate