Author Topic: Moving the the lady to the new home  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Hajo

Moving the the lady to the new home
« on: May 30, 2009, 11:06:14 am »
Those who read my blog regularly know that the relationship between Vicky and me is developing faster then speed of light! I go to Urumqi in August and we are planning that I take Vicky and her son with me to Denmark after the vacation. :D

Vicky has some stuff, which she would like to take with her. For example her China porcelain and other things. We can not have it on the plane because it would be to expensive I believe. Has anyone knowledge of how get those things transported? I assume there are international carrier like FedEx in China. But has anyone tried this before? All suggestions are welcome!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: Moving the the lady to the new home
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 11:38:46 am »
Wow, Hajo, I was just reading your blog, speed of light is exactly the right word you charmer you!
Sorry i can't help with the transportation stuff, maybe Maxx or one of the other members that have lived the dream and are now living with tier wives can help.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 11:45:24 am »
You can try any number of international couriers. Pack it well and insure it. Never know how or if it will make it? But it should.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 04:43:54 pm »
Hajo , why don't you tell Vicky to put it all in your guy's carry-on's . On my last trip I had four large bag's as carry -on , that did not cost me any extra . You could pack it in a Suitcase and send your's or Vicky's clothes through the Mail , but that is most likely worse then the Post Office or UPS . I would carry it on the Plane , that stuff does not get weight or anything just checked .

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:06:15 am »
Hajo how much stuff is it.How breakable is it.If it isn't breakable China mail will work.It will take a couple of months but it will get there.If there isn't to much stuff.You mite try fedex.With fedex it will get there but it is expensive.

Depending on what it is and how much it weighs.You could pack it in your luggage or take it as a carry on.That is the way my wife does it.She brings 5 or 6 things back with her everytime we Go.

youcould also try a international shipping company.But I'm thinking that would be to expensive.

Maxx

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 01:16:21 am »
Maxx , we are talking PORCELAIN , it will never survive shipping , unless packed by pro's and insured for big bucks . That stuff breaks if you give it a hard look . For that , it's carry-on and alway's in my view that nobody throws anything even near it .
I did this bringing Crystal from Germany to here . Did not trust any other way . Everytime my Mother send something Glass or I send her something of that nature , it's broken when it arrives .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 01:18:47 am by Arnold »

Offline Hajo

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 08:58:14 am »
Thanks for your input! I did not know about the carry on thing. I have never done such long flights. I thought that there was a 20 kilograms limit!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline cdstg

• Craig
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 04:08:26 pm »
yes 20kg for the bags but they generally do not weigh the carry on
there is a limit for those I can't remember what it is I think its 6 or 8 kg
there is also a size limit

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 04:14:33 pm »
Does this also include the UK planes?:-/

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 04:29:11 pm »
Whenever i've flown to Singapore the limit baggage wise was either 25kg or 20kg depending on the airline , these bags are always weighed automatically as they put them on the conveyor belt and you have to pay excess baggage if they are to heavy , I nearly got stuck in Indonesia once when they weighed my suitcase and wanted 550,000idr excess baggage charge hhehe i was lucky i had 556,000idr on me and they wouldnt take credit card or sterling! , hand luggage varies also but cdstg is right its usually 6-8kg although i've never had it weighed and once it must of been 15kg+ minimum (i put all the heavy stuff in it) , if you are worryed about excess baggage charges you can get small luggage scales (like a fishing type with a dial and hook , might be worth considering)

Hope that helps Scottish Rob
Dreams can come true

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 04:34:58 pm »
Cheers Mark.........Spot on :)