Author Topic: Tourist Visa  (Read 6081 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Tourist Visa
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »
Willy...he hadn't been here for awhile, and had forgotten his account information.  I am not criticizing anyone for their posts...I would have reacted the same.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »

I will just go back to my own senile little world.

And please do not leave us here to go to Egypt please.

[/quote]
Out of the 35 - 40 Countries I have visited I think that Eqypt was the most interesting after China.  Crusing down the River Nile was relaxing. And the antiquities are amazing. So I see nile as you say Rhonald. 

If anyone goes to the most famous three Pyramids outside of Cairo then just word of advice. There is one you can go in and go down to the lower gallery level.

This is a steep very low passage. People struggle to get down and it is some way and back breaking!  Just go down backswards and lean forward then it is a piece of cake.

Willy

My apologies to one of the oldest (in Membership) members from the oldest (age member, probably, in real life) here.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:08 pm »

Out of the 35 - 40 Countries I have visited I think that Eqypt was the most interesting after China. 

Willy

My apologies to one of the oldest (in Membership) members from the oldest (age member, probably, in real life) here.

I remember you telling me this when I visited you Willy, and it's good to see in your recent video apperance, a sound English Walking stick. With keeping of the theme and Haloween around the corner, I guess ....... Mummies the Word  :-X
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:20:29 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Jim

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 11:24:58 pm »
well, Willy, maybe like me you should take the hour rule. I think we both forgot it. lol. Sorry I got my dander up.  If anyone wants the people who helped her, I will give them the QQ number of the company.  I dont know if they actually helped her or not but they charged about  300 USD.  I just hope that with Obamas new rules, it will get easier for us.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »
well, Willy, maybe like me you should take the hour rule. I think we both forgot it. lol. Sorry I got my dander up. 

But at least with your success, you are Head & Shoulders above us.  ::)

I am glad that you have decided to ignore your other comment and decided to post again. We need more success stories and lets face it, even just referring to Government involvement, we all end up scratching our heads in frustration. Thus the dandruff.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 01:57:59 am »
As you see from the photo I am the eccentric  Englishman that never leaves home without an Umbrella.  Come rain or shine, winter or summer I am like a boy scout. 'Be Prepared'.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline shaun

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 05:00:57 am »
Sorry guys.  I just didn't want to see Jim go.  I hope you understand.  I guess I'm still in shock after hearing WIlly talk on the video.  He has  a Brittish accent?  :o ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 05:22:03 am »
Sorry guys.  I just didn't want to see Jim go.  I hope you understand.  I guess I'm still in shock after hearing WIlly talk on the video.  He has  a Brittish accent?  :o ;D

British Accent!  But Athena, my friend, who did translating for Iceland has trouble at times understanding me.  Come to think of it my friends from way back AND my sisters all have that problem.  In Africa where they spoke English they needed a translator to understand MY English.

I think the only person who understands every word I say is me!

But there again I can't be really sure about that either.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline shaun

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 09:33:23 am »
There is the British accent then there is the Brittish accident.  Sorry Willy.  It appears they my bifocals need a little readjustment.  Thinking I need to go from a 1.5 to a 10.0 today.    Where is my blood sugar monitor?

Offline Jim

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 08:13:24 pm »
Martin reminded me of the 24 hour rule, I had forgotten and so is all of the negativity.  I talked to my wife today and she received her passport back with her visa in it. So it is officially official.  We cannot figure out why she got it.  I know it is unheard of.  She just claims she is lucky.  As I said before this just points out the stupidity of the way things are handled now.  One person decides who gets and who doesnt using abstract criteria. 

If anyone is interested in talking to the company that she used pm me and I will give the QQ number for the woman.  She speaks english, not great but plenty enough to understand.  I just hope that Obamas policy has had a change for the better for us. 

Anyway, good luck to all and if I can help just let me know.  Also who has the cheapest flights going now?  We are planning on her coming in January.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 09:42:54 pm »

From China I always go to the ELong website. Its the Chinese equivalent of Expedia and I got some good deals from them. Plus no need to give credit or debit card details over the phone as you can pay the cash into any bank for the ticket.

Just as an aside to this there is an Nike Advert running here at the moment.  Features Li the grand slam tennis player arriving at a USA Immigration point.  The guy asks her where she is coming from and she answers with locations of tennis tournament. He ask her where she is going to and she again gives a list of cities where she is to play.  He looks at her and asks what is the purpose of visit. She replies 'Tennis'.  He looks at her again and then finally stamps her passport and lets her through.  So according to this advert it seems these guys on the gates have a lot of power.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 01:27:01 am »

So according to this advert it seems these guys on the gates have a lot of power.

Willy

Especially the pearly gates.

Offline maxx

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 02:05:49 am »
Willy yes the guys at the gate do really have all the power.If the guy at the gate is having a bad day.your going to have a bad day.Power hungry ego maniacs is all they are.It says somewhere on the Americans wife/girlfriend visa application.That if and when your lady arrives in America.That the border patrol agent can deny.Said wife/girlfriend entry into the United States. I was worried about this when I brought my wife to the states.I had my high priced over payed lawyer number locked into my Mobil phone.If my wife was denied entry.I was going to call my over priced lawyer and raise the roof.They were going to hear about this in Washington.Fortunately they just glanced at her passport stamped it.And we were on are marry way.

Back in 2003 me and a friend drove to Mexico.Dropped some equipment off and hung out in Mexico for the weekend.We flew back into the states in a private plane that is registered in the U.S. The gestapo wannabee that was working immigration in Tuscan Arizona.About had a stroke when we landed and walked into there office.We screamed and hollered at each other for half a hour.Until the gestapo agent called his supervisor.His supervisor told him to stop being a jerk.And to let us go on are way.10 minutes latter were taxing down the runway.Getting ready to take off.

Back in maybe 1999 I drove across the border into Mexico.Looked around this little town in Mexico.Had some breakfast.maybe spent 2 to 3 hours there.When I went to go back across the border.There was this border patrol agent.Setting in this little booth.Out in the middle of nowhere.So I pull up to the both.Flash the guy my driver's licence.And start to go on.This fat little border guard jumps out of his booth.And starts chasing me down the rd on foot.I can hear him hollering at me.So I stop my jeep.And fat boy comes huffing and puffing up the rd.Tells me I need to shut off the vehicle.And get out of the car.So I do it.Then we stand out in the hot New Mexico sun and play twenty questions.For about ten minutes.

He then gets on his radio and calls for backup.So this big suburban pulls up.And out jump 4 border patrol agents.They even brought there dog.So by this time.I'm almost rolling on the ground I'm laughing so much.Fat boy is getting madder and madder.Because it is getting hotter.And I'm not taking this serious enough according to him.So they make me go stand by the side of the rd.And start searching my jeep.I pop off to fatboy tell him to keep the dog out of my jeep.Because I'm deathly allergic to them.I tell them if that dog gets in my jeep.They will have to take me to the hospital.Because I will be that sick.I'm really not.Allergic to dogs.I just want to mess with the guy some more.

So now he is really pissed.And he sends this woman border patrol agent to watch me.So I'm standing there flirting with her.making jokes about the fat border patrol agent.I've got her laughing so hard.That they send another guy over.To watch her while she is watching me.So I keep making jokes about the guy.Now I've got both border patrol agents laughing.And fat boy is having a fit.So they check my jeep.They can't find anything.So they kick me loose.After fat boy gives me a lecture. On How I should show border patrol more respect.While he is giving me this lecture.The other 2 agents that were watching me.Have gone over to the other 2 border agents.And they are all laughing now.I think the woman was telling the other 2 agents what I was saying about the fat guy.

So I hope in my jeep.And take off.I look in my mirrors.And the fat guy jumps into his truck and starts following me down the rd.So I string him along for probably fifty miles.I slow down.I speed up.Like I'm looking for something.I finally get bored with this guy.So I pull over at a gas station.And he drives by while I'm standing there putting gas in my jeep

We have are own official goon squad here in the states called TSA.These are the men and women who are supposed to be protecting us from terrorists.It has got to the point that we need to be protected from TSA.These are the monkeys that run airport security.My last trip to China I was flying by myself no wife no kids.I was going to China to help my wife with the boys.

I get to the airport check in.And start to go threw security.You have to take off your shoes.And any metal objects.And then walk   threw this machine.on the other side of the machine is some kid wearing a TSA uniform.He wants to see my passport.And my plane ticket.So I give them to the kid.And the little schmucks pulls out his jeweler's loop.And starts looking threw all the pages of my passport.I have traveled internationally allot since I got this passport.I have traveled so much internationally that I had to get pages added to my passport.Because there was no blank pages left.

So this kid is looking at my passport.Like I'm some kind of terrorist.I'm trying not to laugh to loud.I go to get my stuff and this kid starts yelling.Sir Sir you must stand  right here.So I stand their while the monkey looks at each and every page of my passport.And the line is starting to back up behind me.A supervisor finally comes over and makes the kid give me back my passport.While I'm picking up my stuff.They take the kid off of checking IDs and put him on picking up tubs.Only in America can the guy with the least amount of commen since get the best jobs.

I was flying threw Denver one time.And I had some time before my next flight.So I sneak outside to smoke a cigarettes.So when I went to my gate I had to go back threw security.They had some women who was blind running the ex ray machine.Her glasses must of ben a half inch thick.She would look at her screen pass a bag threw the machine.Then back the bag up to look at it again.Because she couldn't tell what she was looking at.Some of the people must have ben standing there along time waiting for there bags.They were calling the lady some nasty names.And making nasty comments to her.This was before the twin towers.When you could actually talk to these people.And not be pulled out of line for a strip search.If you made one of them angry.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 04:46:10 am »
I have had to endure the pat downs and searches on most all my trips. But on my return to the USA the last time, the guy looked at my passport and said wow you've been in China for three months. Then he marked some special code on my entry card and when I came to customs they emptied all 4 of my bags and repacked them piece by piece. I guess it is unamerican to leave the states for 90 days. All they had to do was ask.

http://youtu.be/iuG30df_EE8

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-hate-the-TSA/106278776107499
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:32:30 am by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Vince G

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 09:38:11 am »
I've flown between Florida and New York a little more then a few times in the 40 years I've been coming here (where I live now) and had my fill and amusement of the TSA. I even knew a couple personally that worked in customs. But one of my last flights (coming back @ JFK airport) this little shit (kid about 5'5") pulled my carry on off the belt and inspected it? I had a plastic bag on the bottom (used for the dirties). He swiped the bottom checking for something? (at the time I was wondering if I ever put my guns in this bag and left a residue?) But having no common sense (the plastic bag) I let him do his thing.  Is it a wonder why the last time I went up to NY , I drove.

Not to change the subject (somewhat) just on TV News a Florida State Trooper pulled over an Miami police officer in his police car and handcuffed him, reason is he was traveling on the interstate at 120 mph (no emergency) he was late for his second job. Just shows how authority has taking advantage of their position.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:39:45 am by Vince G »