All About China > Understanding Chinese Women

The difference between Chinese and western men

(1/4) > >>

Axiom:
So my woman was stressed out the other day and being a good guy I tired to comfort her. To which she got MORE upset... later (making a long story short) she told me a chinese guy wouldnt just ask if something was wrong... theyd just try to make it better. 

So then we got into a long discussion abou tthings I do like ask her if shes hungry or thirsty, I would get her something... and she says that a chinese guy would just go get her stuff without asking first since they would assume she would need it.

So is this true? Do chinese guys really have a better empathy towards women? or is it just the girl friends stress level?

shaun:
I've never had this problem.  But then again we don't live in the same house.

Clayton:
I cringed when I red your story Axiom, this sounds so much like my ex, nothing i did was ever right.
Chinese men?  bull dust, she, in my opinion is just playing with your mind and would have you running after her 24 7.
I don't believe this is a culture difference at all, just a woman trying to manipulate her man .
I doubt if you had got her something to eat and drink without asking first that she would have been happy, she probably would have found something wrong with it .
I'm sorry Axiom for coming on so heavy but I've seen it all before, I hope I'm totally wrong about your situation ,
Any Chinese woman I have had anything to do with see it as there duty to run after the men and hardly ever ask for ant thing for themselves so that when you do do something for them they appreciate it no end.

Just my observation.

Cheers
Leeroy

Neil:
If she were to bring you a cold beer, would you not drink it?  Sounds like she just wants you to take more of the initiative. 

Leeroy does have a good point.  If she's an only child she probably is a bit spoiled.  I hope that's not the case. 

Vince G:
Well? it's just about all of the above can be correct and you can maybe guess at what is. Explain to her (use these words) western men are taught asking first if you would like something, it is seen as more attentive and polite way. 

If she don't buy it your screwed.   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version