Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Graham

Hello
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:52:03 pm »
A warm hello to everyone.

I registered yesterday on this forum to thank you for some information I found via Google, namely the very shady history of the Changsha Love Bridge Company.  As I'm sure many of you know, coming to the realization that the person you've been pouring your emotions out to via EMF may not actually exist is rather heart-wrenching.  Although I have not given up all hope that my long distance partner may actually be, the past couple days have been unpleasant to say the least.  I don't deal well at all with emotional unknowns like this, so I get by by assuming the worst and getting through that grief.  If things turn out well, so much the better, I can laugh it off later and share the story. 

I see that I'm rambling so I'll get to the point.  When I registered my intention was to simply write a little thank-you note.  But I've been browsing some of the posts here since then, and come to see that this forum is a great resource and sounding board for someone in my situation, and with my goals.  The shared collective experience here on the topic of meeting women in China, especially with regards to matchmaking websites, is pure gold.   I've found reading your stories (both good and bad) to be comforting, knowing that there's a group of people who understand my situation.  If I do end up pursuing this route fully (that is, if my current ongoing experience doesn't turn me off the idea entirely), I look forward to sharing my own experiences and perhaps even meeting some of you kind folks one day on the other side of the world.

For now I'll start by contributing a tool that is hopefully useful to someone.  I haven't fully explored the forum so maybe this has been posted already, but there is a nifty search engine at www.tineye.com which allows you to search for the existence of a particular image on the web.  I've used it myself to check images on local dating sites and find/confirm fake profiles using celebrity pictures and the like.  They don't claim to index the entire Internet, and I don't know if they cover much Chinese content, but it can't hurt to check.

Thanks again.

Graham

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:40:52 pm »
Welcome Graham. I tried out the tinyeye.com not sure how it supposed to work. I put in scottish rob's pic and it came back a zero!

I do understand that this picture of him is on the bedroom wall of hundreds of Chinese women he has got to know in past three years. And he is wanted man in several provinces (by the women of course).

Any advice needed then you get some good stuff here (probably not from me as I am not here for my brain power.)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:56:57 pm »
Welcome Grahem ;D
Willy you should not have said anything, now they'll know that you know my whereabouts :o
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:01:10 pm »
Welcome Grahem ;D
Willy you should not have said anything, now they'll know that you know my whereabouts :o
But my lips are sealed.  I will not reveal your whereabouts to any of these beautiful women that inundate me with requests daily.

I have made it clear to all that I will not divulge your location for love or money.  Well not for any amount of money anyway! 8)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:04:31 pm »
Welcome Graham,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:04:55 pm »
Hi Graham

Welcome to our mad-house...(or so it can seem on some days, especially when Willy and Rob the Sporran are on song!!!)

You will surely see here that there are very few of us who did not get some level of problems when we started out on the quest for a Chinese partner.
You will also see that with some help, we were able to negotiate some shark-infested waters and eventually win the prize (so to speak!)

For those of us who have made the journey and are now together with our wives/GF /Fiances it has all been very much worth it.

Anything you need to know...just ask  ;D ;D