Author Topic: When is No News is Good News ........NOT?  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
When is No News is Good News ........NOT?
« on: November 22, 2011, 08:28:26 am »
When is No News is Good News NOT?

Ta Da.......... ;D

Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: When is No News is Good News ........NOT?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 08:57:12 am »
I do have a cataract surgery scheduled for Nov. 24 but that might rapididly change as my wife did wish to be with me during my healing period.  8)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:40 am »
Sweet news Rhonald.  What a great Christmas present.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 10:16:27 am »
Rhonald. Dont postpone the surgery. If it is like the one they do here in the USA your recovery will be just a few days an hardly noticable except fot the great improvment in your vision.  I had both eyes done last year and it was one of the best decisions ever. I used to wear trifocal glasses and now I wear none at all. And you will be amazed at the improvment in colors. Much more vidid. (better to see her with)

Merry Christmas.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:07:38 am »
As Neil mentioned what a wonderful christma present mate ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 11:17:31 am »
Rhonald. Dont postpone the surgery.

Are you referring to cataract surgery or Lasik surgery for vision correction? I did get PRK in 2007, very painfull and took about 1 week to recover enough for work. I never did achieve great results, about 20/25 in both eyes. In time my left eye's vision deteriorated and I checked into getting a touch up done since I was covered for 5 years for corrections. It was then I was told that the deterioration was due to cataracts forming in my left eye.

With PRK previously done, I am not guaranteed that my new lens will restore to 20/20 and I hear that my Ex-mother-in-law was confined to bed for about 1 week so thus my concern about maybe postponing my cataract surgery. So if indeed your surgery was for cataracts and such a speedy recovery, I would be interested. I was originally told by the doctor's office that if I got the surgery, I needed to be available for 2 weeks post surgery.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 02:13:20 pm »
Yes my surgery was for cataracts, Left eye first and then the right eye a month later.
The procedure here is a tiny slit at the top of the cornea and then thy suck out the old lense and ugly cataract. then they insert a very small lense through the slit. I went home in about an hour. (someone had to drive me because of the drugs). I wore an eye guard for 2 days and afetewords I had 20/20 in that eye. After the second eye was done I threw away the glasses.  I have a pair of reading glasses but it is rare that I need them. I see most things like lables, menus and newspapers without any trouble. Small print is a little more difficult.

Everyone says I look younger without the trifocals.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:54:46 pm »
This is always Good News , when something actually moves forward in the Gov. .

About the Cataract Surgery , my late Wife had it done ( '03 or '04 ) in one of her eyes .. she had nothing but problems afterwards .. with " Floaters " . This was done by that time the Inventor of the " Massaco Taco " , which was the new type of Lens installed .. that was folded-inserted-unfolded-sawn in place . He , right after Retired and made Wine in Northern Calif. . So the one taking over was NOT that great in my Book . Yes , there were many Patient's with great Eyesight afterwards .. my late Wife was not one of them . Anyway , this is really something I still would do , if it would improve my Eyesight . Maybe my day is coming too , to throw the Reading Glasses .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:54:25 pm »
Well since I needed to make a quick decision as the coordinator needed time to find some one to fill my spot, and my wife was worried (still up on QQ past midnight), I re-booked my surgery for December 21. This allows me to fly to China for Dec 5 instead of Dec 12th, since I would have had a follow up appointment for the 9th. Going a week earlier saves me about 500 dollars on the ticket. I see my wife earlier and in the dark, who needs glasses  8) so I think it worked out for the better. I probably would not have had complications, but now I save the worry of maybe having one post surgery.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:08:42 pm »
Great to hear Rhonald.  Now she will get to enjoy a complete Calgary winter in all its glory!

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 06:17:29 pm »
Congratulations Rhonald.That is good news.best wishes for a speedy end to this madness

Offline shaun

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 06:31:19 pm »
Great news Ron.  I am happy for the both of  you.  I'd delay the surgery.  Why pass up the opportunity to be pampered a few days by a beautiful woman?

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 01:26:44 am »
After talking with Martin and his mention of  some confusion to my first posting about where the visa package was being sent to, I thought to make it a little clearer.

The Email response I posted from the Consulate was due to my case specific enquiry I sent on Nov. 17th. It came as a small blessing because so rarely have they ever replied to any enquiry I have sent them. Posted below is my Email to the consulate that led to the response I posted on the morning of Nov 22nd. Their response means that her passport is being sent directly back to her address & not to mine. I do have one little concern that if the package gets lost in the mail, it better be found before Dec 12th since that is the date her ticket to travel to Canada is for. I leave Dec 5th for China and will tell the tale of her immigration journey to Canada. I want to be in the welcoming immigration center in Vancover so I can relate to other Canadians what to expect when their wives cross the Border.

I will leave the Mexico Border hopping story for Maxx to tell since he has better knowledge about that then I will ever know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROTECTED B

Title: Zhou, Ziyan
Name of Applicant: Zhou, Ziyan
DOB of Applicant: September/03/19**
Nationality: China, Peoples Rep. of
File Number or Client ID Number: ************
Telephone number:
Type of Application: Permanent Residence in Canada

Name of Requester: Van Der Zee, Ronald
Relationship to Applicant: Sponsor
Email Address: ************.com
Consultant CSIC No.:

Request: Dear Sir or Madame, In September my wife received a letter to submit her passport and to redo her medical. We expect soon to have her passport returned with a visa issued since she sent the documents at the end of September. My question is it possible to get an update on if her passport has been sent out? The reason being is that November 24, I am scheduled to have cataract surgery and I have been advised to not to travel for 2 to 3 weeks. I wish to go to China to bring back my wife before Christmas and if the passport has been sent back, I would reschedule my surgery for late December. Sincerely Ron V.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:29:50 am by Rhonald »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 10:18:12 pm »
We all look forward to sharing in your Christmas present Rhonald.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 10:19:53 pm »
I do not plan on sharing. She is mine, all Mine   :)

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:36:25 pm by Rhonald »