Author Topic: Chinese men and marriage  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Philip

Chinese men and marriage
« on: May 31, 2009, 05:47:02 am »
One of my Chinese sisters told me a joke about Chinese men when they get married. It was a joke with some truth in it for her!
1st year: Husband says to wife: 'I love you'
2nd year: Wife asks husband: 'Do you love me? Husband answers: 'Yes'
3rd year: Wife asks husband: 'Do you love me?  Husband answers: 'Hmm'
4th year: Wife asks husband: 'Do you love me?  Husband answers: 'I'm going to sleep'
5th year: Wife asks husband: 'Do you love me?  Husband answers: 'It's a boring question'

Offline Chong

RE: Chinese men and marriage
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 06:24:34 am »
I visited a lady last October. Through the translator, I asked her parents how often do they say "I love you" to each other. Their answer was ONCE in the last TWENTY YEARS. This was a lady who wrote "I love you" in our letters but couldn't say it in person. Her reasoning was that she could express her affections in words but not face-to-face. Her definition of love is to take care of the cooking, laundry and other household chores for me. Like mother ... like daughter.

In reference to your post Alex ... it takes BOTH spouse to make a relationship have passion. Sorry to hear about what the CLB agency did to you. Make sure you get your credits back. The Brotherhood will back you up if need be.

Arnold

RE: Chinese men and marriage
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:57:13 pm »
What I get from this , is .. our western Women must be very forgetful .. while the chinese Woman only need to be told ones .